Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

On 10/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, steady75 said:

Firsty there is sooooo much Blond Ambition energy throughout the whole thing, which really caught me off guard. I loved it. 

YES!

On 10/12/2021 at 10:58 PM, steady75 said:

The Madame X live album in a solitary listen was tiresomely over autotuned and a couple of the songs were a bit hacked to death. Without the distraction of a visual it doesn't stand that well on its own for me at least. 

Yes and no. The more I listen to it, the more I reconnect with the high level of songwriting on Madame X (and also older stuff like HN and AL, which were great on record but still suffer from being shadowed by M's then stance and attached to "lesser" eras).

The album mix was somewhat too busy for the ears, the mastering was too loud, both following the 2010/2020 made-for-Spotify-and-bluetooth-speakers standard. With less production gimmicks (besides autotune), the live instrumentation on MXT blends in very well and gives a catchy edge to many new songs, recalling her most vivid concert renditions from Blond Ambition (EY, LAP, Vogue, KIT) and The Girlie Show (Fever, D&D, WISH, JML).

Still not an album / era for casual pop listeners, but her intentions on MX as a music titan feel more obvious. IDSIF, Batuka, KWAP, EO, Future are excellent tracks that critics would go nuts about if it weren't for M. Even Dark Ballet (I loved it since the release), which grows on me every time.

That said, the butchered version of God Control is a shameful mess: the cut at 4'02 (between "Wake up" and "Everybody knows") is one of the worst edits in the history of all official live releases and totally guns the momentum down ?

1 hour ago, lucasciccone said:

I will never understand why they thought it was a good idea to put phone (or whatever device) footage in the speeches. The jumps in the audio, the terrible quality of the footage in the video...

Couldn't they just stick to what she said in the nights the concert was filmed? :Madonna032:

Post-production is deconstruction, reconstruction, reinvention: "None of this is real"

15 minutes ago, vitoralmeiida said:

guys! I slip into Nuno Xico's DMs to ask him if the concert has mastered in 4K (since we know Paramount is streaming it only in Full HD) and we had a lovely coversation in Portuguese! :hearteyes: He said it's weird Paramount is not streaming in 4K and he is definitely going to check what's going on.

GAY RIGHTS!  :kitty:

ASK ABOUT SODADE AND CRAVE :drama:

1 hour ago, vitoralmeiida said:

guys! I slip into Nuno Xico's DMs to ask him if the concert has mastered in 4K (since we know Paramount is streaming it only in Full HD) and we had a lovely coversation in Portuguese! :hearteyes: He said it's weird Paramount is not streaming in 4K and he is definitely going to check what's going on.

WoW! Great! Can you ask about rights if it's going to have a physical release??

15 hours ago, steady75 said:

Can we just have a moment to clarify that the first set of Madonna fans were Gen X ers not the Boomers. That was my parents and they really didn’t care. Madonna was hitting the 10-15 yr olds 1985. 

Gen X is a Madonna fan, a Whitney stan, a listener of Michael Jackson, they are a follower of Prince, (of Prince) 

I think we had the absolute best music growing up.  I mean, the 90's alone was so amazing.

9 hours ago, vitoralmeiida said:

When he gets back to me about the streaming resolution I'll ask him about these questions!

:Madonna010:

Yes we need a Dvd/BRay release otherwise we'll end up downloading the concert without buying it... don't know how long this is going to stay on channels. and we love to have physical releases, we're fans!

8 hours ago, xavier said:

It was T R I N I T YYYYYYYY !!!! "The most stupid thing I've ever read"????  :Madonna032:

The good thing about this, wich is for me the good thing of all this last part of her career (with the excellent music production), is her authenticity, humility and  awareness. 

Still, The Matrix refusal can't be forgiven (and she knows it) ... but do you imagine M in the Matrix look, the flying fightings, the possible soundtrack theme and the huuuge credit she would have earned for that after Evita  :Madonna051:

14 hours ago, stefo said:

It was T R I N I T YYYYYYYY !!!! "The most stupid thing I've ever read"????  :Madonna032:

The good thing about this, wich is for me the good thing of all this last part of her career (with the excellent music production), is her authenticity, humility and  awareness. 

Still, The Matrix refusal can't be forgiven (and she knows it) ... but do you imagine M in the Matrix look, the flying fightings, the possible soundtrack theme and the huuuge credit she would have earned for that after Evita  :Madonna051:

I can forgive her , i do not think she was suited for that role ..

On 10/14/2021 at 4:54 PM, vitoralmeiida said:

But the concert is streaming in 4K in the US since day 1. Isn’t it available in 4K outside the US?

29 minutes ago, al4realz said:

But the concert is streaming in 4K in the US since day 1. Isn’t it available in 4K outside the US?

Nope,  certainly not available in the UK..  was broadcast on MTV full of bloody adverts..

I completely understand that links are not acceptable here for downloads..   but you can hardly expect people not to search for them when half the world can't watch it :)

16 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Nope,  certainly not available in the UK..  was broadcast on MTV full of bloody adverts..

I completely understand that links are not acceptable here for downloads..   but you can hardly expect people not to search for them when half the world can't watch it :)

the adverts were horrible lol ..i could not enjoy it until i downloaded it and watched it without them ..they just went on and on and on 

17 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

the adverts were horrible lol ..i could not enjoy it until i downloaded it and watched it without them ..they just went on and on and on 

It was worst in Spain... It had all the adverts but when she talked she was dubbed... Not just when she talked to the audience... The "They are so naive..." part of "Dark Ballet" you had a Spanish girl saying "Son tan ingenuos..." and "Rescue me" was completly dubbed and you couldn't hear Madonna's voice... terrible!!!!! They could have add subtittles, but no... 

2 hours ago, scallywally said:

Was it def. shown as 4k in the US? I keep looking but it just brings up 1080. (not that I can tell much difference with my eyes being 106 years old.)

I don’t think so, as it would have stated.

Paramount+ mentions if the content is 4K in their descriptions. See the example below:

6D7624B6-0690-423C-B1A7-D475EABB9435.thumb.jpeg.775d0a8b5b803710976340d46abc38b8.jpeg4221F5A6-D71F-4024-999A-06780A6D37C3.thumb.jpeg.48243567834d7c479ab83980027dc347.jpeg

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic