Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

2 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

Seriously, they should have recorded two shows (a third one as a backup, maybe) with the same hair, same makeup, same costumes, same playlist and 'somewhat' similar banters. Beyond that point M shouldn't be involved at all! Let the editors do their work, show her the workprint, tweak it a little and then release this recording as it was intended. I remember a lot of fans praising her for the vocals on this tour, so no post-production needed!

The problem is she thinks she is better than anyone. And that lead us to things like the editing of RH or W.E.

Although W.E. was shot beautifully and I do give her credit for her directing ability.

Editing-wise, you're correct.

I have seen some screen-feed snippets from RHT Sydney and they were perfectly fine. The could have released it March 31 after the tour ended. The visuals are amazing, her engery was on point. Maybe a little editing with little mishaps and she'd have been good to go. The result that was officially released is devastating and underwhelming in so many ways. The only song that I am not as uncomfortable justifying the cuts and outfit changes might be Rebel Heart because it fits the narrative. Everything else is a mess!

33 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

Imagine a perfect world where Jonas Akerlund were involved like the perfection he did with Confessions....

NOW WAKE UP!

Oh wow. Confessions was a masterpiece for sure. I don't care if some songs got tweaked with studio vocals because eveything seemed realistic. The crowd noise was convincing enough and the overall production value was great. I read some time ago that she did the complete show from top to bottom with no audience just to get better closeups. Now that is what I call dedication to an art form. And I don't (only) mean to praise M but also Jonas for that!

I can try to outdo you by challenging you to imagine a perfect world where Jonas released the full RIT concert from Paris. 

DA60ABFD-2990-4A5A-86D7-D8218C0AB3FA.jpeg

By the time this sees the light of day and with the same time teasing, Taylor Swift will have released a Netflix documentary, 2 live Disney+ concert specials, 2-3 new albums, and 5 re-recorded albums with bonus unreleased songs.

I wish Madonna cared about her actual musical career half as much as she does about the other 90% of things that occupy her time between eras.

51 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

By the time this sees the light of day and with the same time teasing, Taylor Swift will have released a Netflix documentary, 2 live Disney+ concert specials, 2-3 new albums, and 5 re-recorded albums with bonus unreleased songs.

I wish Madonna cared about her actual musical career half as much as she does about the other 90% of things that occupy her time between eras.

Like black magic or recording children doing random things.

10 minutes ago, gafuller said:

Kinda unrelated, but like does anyone ever wonder when exactly her injury began? A lack cartilage doesn’t happen over night. She never complained until the rehearsals and she had been active in promoting and etc

I get the feeling she's had "issues" for a while. In 2014, she was using a cane and has never performed the same since then. It seems it could have been a more serious injury at the time than she put on, and as a result, she may have re-injured herself somehow. 

What I struggle to understand is how she injured herself so badly, period. It's not like Madame X had intense choreography whatsoever. Crave, Vogue, IDSIF, and God Control were the only real choreographed pieces (I guess she did the handstand thing in Human Nature, too), and none of those had complex moves at all. 

It goes back to my theory that I've had about both this tour and the last one -- The shows we saw were not the original concepts. Remember that both shows had cancelled shows at the beginning due to "production reasons" -- For Rebel Heart, I fully believe the budget was scaled back due to slower ticket sales and with that went a lot of the original show concept. For Madame X, it's completely feasible there were other numbers in that show that had choreography or moves that led to the injury and resulted in a more scaled down version of what she was originally going for -- Do remember that she said it was not at all a finished show on opening night, and we never saw an updated version. 

In terms of Madonna mysteries, those two shows will always be at the top of my fan wish list for additional details. 

11 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

I get the feeling she's had "issues" for a while. In 2014, she was using a cane and has never performed the same since then. It seems it could have been a more serious injury at the time than she put on, and as a result, she may have re-injured herself somehow. 

What I struggle to understand is how she injured herself so badly, period. It's not like Madame X had intense choreography whatsoever. Crave, Vogue, IDSIF, and God Control were the only real choreographed pieces (I guess she did the handstand thing in Human Nature, too), and none of those had complex moves at all. 

It goes back to my theory that I've had about both this tour and the last one -- The shows we saw were not the original concepts. Remember that both shows had cancelled shows at the beginning due to "production reasons" -- For Rebel Heart, I fully believe the budget was scaled back due to slower ticket sales and with that went a lot of the original show concept. For Madame X, it's completely feasible there were other numbers in that show that had choreography or moves that led to the injury and resulted in a more scaled down version of what she was originally going for -- Do remember that she said it was not at all a finished show on opening night, and we never saw an updated version. 

In terms of Madonna mysteries, those two shows will always be at the top of my fan wish list for additional details. 

I’m not convinced that the Rebel Heart tour had any budget issues- that was more like the tabloids claiming (yet again) that Madonna wasn’t selling tickets. She did sell out everywhere, even if at a slower pace. 

In regards to the injury, however, I do agree it remains a little odd at how it progressed. I think the main culprit was the MDNA Tour... it was SO physically demanding, overall... she was EXHAUSTED all throughout, and we could all tell. She also broke a finger rehearsing, got a dancer kicking her on one of her eyebrows in Colombia, and perhaps dancing in stilettos finally took a big toll on her body. 

You’re right in pointing out that her performances haven’t been the same since around 2014. The energy, choreographies, etc. really slowed down...

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

Kinda unrelated, but like does anyone ever wonder when exactly her injury began? A lack cartilage doesn’t happen over night. She never complained until the rehearsals and she had been active in promoting and etc

Oh, it seems to be osteoarthritis and unfortunately it's degenerative; it's due mainly to mechanical stress, which includes stressful workouts and adopting twisted postures for long periods. Since the beginnings, her performances have always been physically highly demanding and this has affected so much her body through all her career. Frankly, I'm surprised this injury occurred so late: her tours/performances in her 40s were astonishing in terms of stamina and physical stress; from a medical point of view it's incredible to see what she did at an age when other artists start to slow down in terms of performances. I'm very curious to see what kind of tour she'll do in future. 

Ive been wondering if her fall at the brits has something to do with it, but she would probably never say. 

7 hours ago, Enrico said:

POLL. What do you expect from MXT video?

1) filters

2) multiple shows with odd wig/costume changes

3) saturated colors

4) reworked studio vocals that don't sound live at all

5) recycled audio from an old tour

6) never before seen 3-minute long extra (twins rehearsing Crave maybe?)

7) the song you loved most being cut

8) black and white segment

9) still images

10) all of the above :Madonna027:

Sadly #10.

6 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

Luckly there are a lot because they filmed the rehearsals with cameras on stage.

I fully expect it to be some epilepsy-inducing flash montage with less than 1 second clips of her actual face because we all know she's too insecure to display it without filters or black and white now.  The longer she edits the more the poor quality fan montages will end up being better than what is released, especially with respect to live audio being faithful to what fans actually heard in person. :eyes:

Like others mentioned, the choreography on her tours weren't just a light strut around the stage for 90 minutes. They were extremely intense and Madonna being the self-proclaimed workaholic, put her blinders up and charged through any and all pain. She was also doing deep knee squats in some capacity in her shows in since Drowned World and while it's easier to do that in your 40s, it gets harder on those joints as you get older especially if there are any lingering or previous injuries. Dancing in heels doesn't help either because of the way they re-position the foot and cause the surrounding nerves, muscles and tendons to become unaligned. She's been using high heels intermittently on tour for almost 25 years. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

In regards to the injury, however, I do agree it remains a little odd at how it progressed. I think the main culprit was the MDNA Tour... it was SO physically demanding, overall... she was EXHAUSTED all throughout, and we could all tell. She also broke a finger rehearsing, got a dancer kicking her on one of her eyebrows in Colombia, and perhaps dancing in stilettos finally took a big toll on her body. 

I completely agree with you, I've always thought that tour had a much bigger effect on her than she let on. Obviously she's an incredibly fit and active person, and that tour is one of my favourites, but a 54 year old doing that choreography almost every night for 88 shows is going to be too much on anyone. She stated she was in tears before going onstage because of how exhausted she was, and I think that is the real reason why the Australian tour was cancelled as well.

I also think some things happened during the MDNA Tour. She was in her mid 50s and doing more intense choreography than the Blond Ambition Tour, in heels and with double the amount of shoes. Remember that she had ZERO time off during the tour, even between continents. She was sick all during the final leg and she just seemed incredibly exhausted by the final night. The stress of traveling and choreography for a year took a toll on her body, I think. Because once that tour was over, she never performed the same again. We know how stubborn she is too, so if she really had an injury back in 2012, she probably didn't properly treat it and everything calapsed years later when she rehearsed for Madame X. 

The MDNA era was arguably her most demanding and stressful era of her career; she was incredibly busy! It started with W.E. in 2010, then quickly recorded her album over a few months in summer 2011 while the movie was being edited, and both projects merged together at the same time, forcing her to travel all around the world to promote them both. Then she was booked for the Superbowl which became her most important performance of her career and she couldn't fck it up, causing her to rehearse for 2-3 months (while still promoting her movie). After the Superbowl, she went straight into tour rehearsals for 3 months, toured for 7 straight months, then spent 6 months editing it, and THEN she was finally able to take some time off at the end of 2013. Yeah, it's no wonder she slowed down after all that. 

The "MDNA Tour" was her last "Superwoman/super artist" gift to the fans and it's a shame the released DVD and Blu-ray didn't do it justice. To me it was "Blond Ambition Tour", "Girlie Show", peak Madonna level. Her commitment in every aspect of that tour was truly incredible: coreography, costumes, stage, screens, show. I couldn't believe it my eyes watching that show live for the first time.

I think her injuries started back then too or at least it was so demanding that her body started to fail afterwards. You could clearly see she wasn't the same three years later on the "Rebel Heart Tour". That was the start of the new current older, mature, more relaxed Madonna - which I also love by the way. :)

I agree with a lot of your opinions but I also think that because the choreography on her last two tours wasn't as rigorous, she improved a lot vocally. The 'singing' in Sticky & Sweet was not so subtley covered up with studio vocals and pre-recorded ones in many parts of the show. In MDNA she sounded somewhat believable but lip synced most of the opening section or sang over backing tracks. (We have all heard the mic feed)

But that's getting me way off topic.

Do you believe that she is happy with her voclas on this tour. I've read a few comments on here in which she got praised for them. People loved her performance and said that the fan recordings don't do them justice.

Let's hope that she isn't involved in 'improving' them.

1 hour ago, MCL_1993 said:

I agree with a lot of your opinions but I also think that because the choreography on her last two tours wasn't as rigorous, she improved a lot vocally. The 'singing' in Sticky & Sweet was not so subtley covered up with studio vocals and pre-recorded ones in many parts of the show. In MDNA she sounded somewhat believable but lip synced most of the opening section or sang over backing tracks. (We have all heard the mic feed)

But that's getting me way off topic.

Do you believe that she is happy with her voclas on this tour. I've read a few comments on here in which she got praised for them. People loved her performance and said that the fan recordings don't do them justice.

Let's hope that she isn't involved in 'improving' them.

She probably will, because we are our worst enemies. I thoroughly enjoyed her lower registers on Madame X. Sometimes the vocals were garbled by auto tune like during Medellin or God Control but otherwise, it was beautiful.

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic