Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

7 hours ago, Enrico said:

If you couldn't have both, would you prefer a Neflix documentary in March or a physical release in December?

At this point I'd rather have it as soon as possible. In Italian we say: better an egg today than a hen tomorrow, which I think corresponds to "Half a loaf is better than no bread".

Madame X Tour is going to be the worst documented tour after Virgin Tour.

I just want to WATCH it as soon as possible. Dailymotion, Netflix, YouTube, ****Hub, anything will do it for me. 

Rather have a Blu-ray in December. I rarely stream. I don't even think our Netflix sub is active right now.

Do we know what kinds of cameras this was filmed with? I'm wondering if a 4K disc might be possible. I think Mylene Farmer is the only musician who has done that so far, for her 2019 concert. The picture and audio were lovely in 4K HDR Dolby Atmos.

1 hour ago, Warm Gun said:

Rather have a Blu-ray in December. I rarely stream. I don't even think our Netflix sub is active right now.

Do we know what kinds of cameras this was filmed with? I'm wondering if a 4K disc might be possible. I think Mylene Farmer is the only musician who has done that so far, for her 2019 concert. The picture and audio were lovely in 4K HDR Dolby Atmos.

Ricardo Gómez uploaded this to instagram on the days of the Lisbon shows https://www.instagram.com/p/B7Ut95bnQTC/?igshid=13ers4l9nfgyu

5 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Don't care about a physical copy. Netflix is the smarter career choice she could make. I'm sure there will be plenty of bootlegs for you to buy anyway. I will probably make my own copy too. 

As for the release date, I'm kind of expecting this in March. 

I don't get it. Why would you not care about a physical release if you want to make your own copy? A disc (or pirated copy of a disc) would carry much more information for you to copy, meaning better picture and sound.

Edited by Warm Gun (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Warm Gun said:

I don't get it. Why would you not care about a physical release if you want to make your own copy? A disc (or pirated copy of a disc) would carry much more information for you to copy, meaning better picture and sound.

Because I would make my own copy anyway, as I did with the other tours. I don't like any of the official artworks. But I don't even use them anyway, I usually just plug my computer in the TV

52 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Because I would make my own copy anyway, as I did with the other tours. I don't like any of the official artworks. But I don't even use them anyway, I usually just plug my computer in the TV

Yes, but you have to make your copy from some source, whether it's Netflix or a disc or some torrent of a disc, and Netflix's streams have much lower bitrates than the other options. It's like downloading songs from YouTube instead of using a rip of a CD. Anyone who wants to make their own copy should want a physical release. It's not like she has to choose between Netflix and a physical release. She can do both.

1 hour ago, Warm Gun said:

Yes, but you have to make your copy from some source, whether it's Netflix or a disc or some torrent of a disc, and Netflix's streams have much lower bitrates than the other options. It's like downloading songs from YouTube instead of using a rip of a CD. Anyone who wants to make their own copy should want a physical release. It's not like she has to choose between Netflix and a physical release. She can do both.

Do we know for sure that she doesn't have to choose? We don't know what a Netflix contract entails as far as I know

Guest Nobody Knows Me

If the Netflix release is true then she's more than likely to release it physically at a later date. That's where the money comes rolling in and we know she how much she likes to charge us.

:Madonna048:

4 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

If the Netflix release is true then she's more than likely to release it physically at a later date. That's where the money comes rolling in and we know she how much she likes to charge us.

:Madonna048:

She better release it physically!!! I need an official BD50 of it, not just my own burned BD with a Netflix HDRip...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
32 minutes ago, Frank said:

She better release it physically!!! I need an official BD50 of it, not just my own burned BD with a Netflix HDRip...

I think she will personally. Loads of Netflix specials are released physically so I don’t see why she wouldn’t. Unless she gets distracted by the biopic or something and just forgets about it.

13 minutes ago, Clark_Kent said:

I don't understand the problem actually. Why would a streaming deal not allow a physical release? It's a standard to release the film on tv or streaming first because they can get money from broadcasting rights before releasing the physical copy. Girlie Show tour premiered on HBO; Drowned World tour premiered on HBO; Confessions tour premiered on NBC; Sticky & Sweet tour premiered on Sky1; MDNA tour premiered on SpikeTV; Rebel Heart Tour premired on Showtime. All of them got released months after the premieres.

She's still strong in selling physical copies, I don't think they're gonna miss the opportunity. :rose:

TYVM James Deen, u put hope in our lives <3 Hehehehehe ;-P

1 hour ago, Clark_Kent said:

I don't understand the problem actually. Why would a streaming deal not allow a physical release? It's a standard to release the film on tv or streaming first because they can get money from broadcasting rights before releasing the physical copy. Girlie Show tour premiered on HBO; Drowned World tour premiered on HBO; Confessions tour premiered on NBC; Sticky & Sweet tour premiered on Sky1; MDNA tour premiered on SpikeTV; Rebel Heart Tour premired on Showtime. All of them got released months after the premieres.

She's still strong in selling physical copies, I don't think they're gonna miss the opportunity. :rose:

There is no problem. We were anwsering @Enricoin the case we had to decide.

At this point we don't know what will happen.

2 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

I know it may be kind of difficult to understand for some of us, but for what I know, there are two ways of releasing on a streaming platform:

1. Multi-platform release: TV, physical copies, PPV and streaming.  This format is more like a relique, mostly because people prefer to watch their contents on the streaming service that they already had, whenever they want;  instead of paying an extra for a physical copy, or waiting for a TV broadcast.

2. Netflix / Amazon Original: Exclusive for the platform. They put the money for the distribution and, in exchange, they become the only place in the world where you can watch the product. This is happening to almost every new release that hits these services, and even when they can allow a broadcast of the content (like adapted BoJack Horseman episodes ln Comedy Central) or a physical distribution (like OITNB on Blu-ray), these tend to be shortened versions or limited edition releases.

Now, judging by how strong the streaming wars are right now, I would say that if the Madame X Tour comes to streaming, it would be as a Netflix Original. Mostly because these companies NEED exclusive titles for their catalogs, and because the publishers can't assure production and distribution of physical copies during the pandemic.
Madonna gets a paycheck for her tour and then she can forget about it forever. She doesn't even have to invest in promotion, because Netflix / Amazon contractually do it for her.

That's the only way to make money in 2021, it seems.

3 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

Becase not one single Live Show premiered on Netflix (Justin Timberlake, Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Beyonce even Streisand) was reelased on bluray or dvd. 

59 minutes ago, alvaroliam said:

2. Netflix / Amazon Original: Exclusive for the platform. They put the money for the distribution and, in exchange, they become the only place in the world where you can watch the product. This is happening to almost every new release that hits these services, and even when they can allow a broadcast of the content (like adapted BoJack Horseman episodes ln Comedy Central) or a physical distribution (like OITNB on Blu-ray), these tend to be shortened versions or limited edition releases.

That's actually wrong.

Having streaming rights means they have the exclusivity to stream some specific content in specific territories (or global) for a period of time, more or less. Is the same as when a TV network buy the exclusivity for premiering something in some territory (for example, sticky and sweet was broadcasted on sky1 for some territories, HBO on other territories, City for latin america). That's why content disapears from a plataform and goes to another, nothing last forever on streaming, even if something is labeled as netflix's original, remember MDNA was shown with "an epix presentation" card, and rebel heart was shown with a "showtime presents" card, still, those premiered in other channels and were released on physical.

Platforms don't exactly forbid physical releases. The main reason most content on streaming platforms doesn't get a physical release is because people doesn't buy physical in the same volume as before: streaming is the way to watch anything right now. For example, netflix has the streaming rights for CW shows like dinasty, crazy ex girlfriend, all DC universe, or CBS's Schitt's Creek, and they all got physical releases.

So in the end, is not like "if it's on netflix can't be released on physical", but is more like "is this going to sell if we release it on physical?"

I hope i was clear with my words, I tend to tangle a little bit :cute:

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic