• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what should be the cover image? I can't decide?? I did a mock-up of the live album. Went with one of Steven Klein's images as I thought it should've been the tour poster what with the red curtain and all  - it's perfect! But a live image is always good.  

Posted Images

For the MDNA Miami shows, Madonna partnered with Vyclone.com for the MDNA Film Project and asked those attending to film "Give Me All Your Luvin'" with their phones from their perspective and upload it to the Vyclone website using their app. In return they would receive a muilti-angle film of the song

http://www.madonna.com/news/title/mdna-film-project-reminder

https://web.archive.org/web/20121129093146/http://vyclone.com/madonna

I don't think this was used in the final product though??

42 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I always see her tour films as creative projects on their own. We will never see any of her tours how they actually were except the old ones, and even the old ones are standard quality bootlegs that don't show how majestic those shows actually were... so, you either were there on the actual show or you weren't. We shouldn't expect the home release to be like a live experience cos it will never be, it's just a representation of her vision in another format. So it doesn't bother me if they change stuff or use any kind of trickery as long as it's well done. :om:

As long as people who actually attended the tour don't watch the show now on screen, wondering whether it's the same they attended lol. I mean we were all let down when we found out that the actual BBMA performance didn't include any holograms. If she thought her tour was good enough, then she shouldn't enhance it a lot by trickery. Only what's necessary. Otherwise she should have used that technology for the actual tour.

Just now, Blue Prince said:

As long as people who actually attended the tour don't watch the show now on screen, wondering whether it's the same they attended lol. I mean we were all let down when we found out that the actual BBMA performance didn't include any holograms. If she thought her tour was good enough, then she shouldn't enhance it a lot by trickery. Only what's necessary. Otherwise she should have used that technology for the actual tour.

we weren't promised holograms on BBMA were we? I thought we knew it was AR all along... anyway if they're using a different tech for the projections because the other tech didn't look good on film then it's understandable. :confused: let's wait and see

1 minute ago, Roy said:

I KNEW IT. She is going to bring back the holograms from her Medellin BBMAs performance and put them on tour.:ahh:

For real, I never expected her to incorporate projection mapping on this tour release. EXCITED!!!

Maybe she is morphing Nikki and Donna into Vogue just to shut us up...

1 minute ago, SuperBicycle said:

This video mapping thing could be ok. If you think about Frozen, not sure how good that would look filmed, and would be an ideal candidate for some of this technology. Future are well, plus the Fado club scenes. Im getting excited about this release now. Just hope it doesn't take another year to see it!

I agree that Frozen and God Control would benefit from this because you could barely see her behind the screen, so if they have a ghostly Madonna layered on front on the projections, this could work very well. 

Of course this is assuming they actually are doing mapping. 

16 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

I agree that Frozen and God Control would benefit from this because you could barely see her behind the screen, so if they have a ghostly Madonna layered on front on the projections, this could work very well. 

Of course this is assuming they actually are doing mapping. 

Or if they had a ghostly Lola doing what was on the screen around her like a spirit. Oooooooo

I thought IGTTYAS and Confessions were brilliantly done and a step up from a straight broadcast type recording - I think they made the best of the showing it still felt like you were watching a live performance  - I agree though that was the start that led to the over edited MDNA and Rebel Heart DVDs that were not 'well done' and so hard to watch and are too far removed from the feeling of a live show

On the latest twitter video it looks like she is rehearsing frozen but with different choreography to the tour which just had her sat at the piano  - so maybe it is going to be holograms getting added for Frozen unless they are re-shooting the whole number from scratch and don't intend to use the footage from Lisbon?  Am still really surprised she would re-shoot anything after the tour has ended

48 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

I thought IGTTYAS and Confessions were brilliantly done and a step up from a straight broadcast type recording - I think they made the best of the showing it still felt like you were watching a live performance  - I agree though that was the start that led to the over edited MDNA and Rebel Heart DVDs that were not 'well done' and so hard to watch and are too far removed from the feeling of a live show

On the latest twitter video it looks like she is rehearsing frozen but with different choreography to the tour which just had her sat at the piano  - so maybe it is going to be holograms getting added for Frozen unless they are re-shooting the whole number from scratch and don't intend to use the footage from Lisbon?  Am still really surprised she would re-shoot anything after the tour has ended

at the shows i saw Frozen was performed sitting on boxes behind the Lola projection and futur she was at the piano

21 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Well I guess I was wrong. It seems much more than just photos. But the fact that ALL OF THEM are posting about this makes me feel optimistic about the outcome. They all seem to be really excited about what they’re doing, not just begrudgingly fixing something. 

SAME! I’m excited again!

11 hours ago, Fighter said:

RHT wasn't bad, MDNA was an experiment... it really feels like a fanmade bootleg... it's... interesting...

RHT wasn't bad? What?

I know that you wrote a comment but I don't understand the meaning of it.

To me, the Rebel Heart Tour is one of my faves. I adore it. I love this show so much and I would sell a kidney for a pro-shot of decent quality. Just as raw as it was shown on the venue screens with no artificial audio whatsoever.

Unfortunately everything from started to go downhill with the audio of SST...

Although, the audio in the CT release was tweaked a lot, everything seemed to make sense. Of course we all know, she wouldn't have nailed Hung Up after such a rigorous show but there were nights where she neraly sounded as good. Obviously lip-syncing but I as a naive teenage fan of hers couldn't tell by the low quality clips that were uploaded from the Confessions Tour back in the day.

15 minutes ago, MCL_1993 said:

RHT wasn't bad? What?

I know that you wrote a comment but I don't understand the meaning of it.

To me, the Rebel Heart Tour is one of my faves. I adore it. I love this show so much and I would sell a kidney for a pro-shot of decent quality. Just as raw as it was shown on the venue screens with no artificial audio whatsoever.

Unfortunately everything from started to go downhill with the audio of SST...

Although, the audio in the CT release was tweaked a lot, everything seemed to make sense. Of course we all know, she wouldn't have nailed Hung Up after such a rigorous show but there were nights where she neraly sounded as good. Obviously lip-syncing but I as a naive teenage fan of hers couldn't tell by the low quality clips that were uploaded from the Confessions Tour back in the day.

the dvd wasnt bad i meant... it was deff an improvement over mdna tour dvd..

• Enrico pinned this topic
  • Enrico featured this topic