Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

11 minutes ago, deathproof said:

He’s been making it awful since the Timbaland tracks on Hard Candy

Omg thank god he’s gone!

8 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s a person that’s not afraid to slap Madonna across the face and say, “NO! You will NOT phone in these vocals.”

HAHAHAHA Yes we need more of this!

3 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I honestly think they had her mic autotuned to the key of Future during Like a Prayer. 

From my understanding her vocal producer would help her with melodies and rhythmic and stylistic choices. Like singing with a clenched jaw for God Control. Or mumble singing during Crave. 

Yes, vocal producers do that but they're also in charge of many aspects of how the voice sounds, including effects. 

2 hours ago, deathproof said:

It’s a person that’s not afraid to slap Madonna across the face and say, “NO! You will NOT phone in these vocals.”

She should offer this as the VIP package for the next tour. You get to give her a good roasting about something she does that pisses you off and give her a good slap round the chops

43 minutes ago, Andymad said:

I just dont understand why, for such a huge song Like A Prayer, it was never performed in its original version? Like never lol. Why?  Why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why oh why, do you choose to play that same old sheet Jimmy.

It was rehearsed at Eurovision! There’s audio somewhere! 

4 hours ago, deathproof said:

It was rehearsed at Eurovision! There’s audio somewhere! 

https://m.facebook.com/watch/?v=2397647757179608&_rdr

Is this it? I feel like this was someone adding the studio version and filtering it to make sound like her live rehearsal. I also found another clip of her rehearsing the MDNA Tour mix during a Madame X workshop in the original key and I'm mad that she didn't do that version and instead did that drum machine Trap a Prayer reworking. I understand she probably didn't want to duplicate since it also sounds like the Blond Ambition mix, but if Vogue can be performed constantly without any major re workings (minus the 4 Minutes to Vogue S&S mix), why can't Like a Prayer? 

13 hours ago, WopaelWopael said:

Trueee. And I actually like the way they autotuned and improved her vocals on the ESC. It obviously sounded way better and still live afterwards. Is that something a vocal producer is in charge of?

Totally fake video, it's just a distorted recording of the original dubbed over Eurovision. There was however a live recording of the rehearsal of Like a Prayer from the day before and it sounded almost as bad as the real performance, which kinda ruins the theory of an autotune mistake, as it wouldn't happen two days in a row. 

It's a hard song to sing, because both pitch and tone are important more so than in the majority of her other songs. Like a Prayer requires both Light and Shade in the voice, and if you listen to the original version of the song you'll notice that in the verses... but in the live versions I don't think she's ever really managed to balance those two aspects of the vocal, meaning most versions of the song sound very harsh live. 

RIT opening night was pretty good though, and the performance she gave on some RHT shows. I do think she still has it in her to perform this song beautifully but I feel like she needs a musical director who actually appreciates the complexity of the song, and actually gets the way it's essentially a miniature pop-rock symphony. 

but that won't happen. We are likely stuck with the pre-recorded drum loop performance with little to no musical direction or instrumental substance. 

4 hours ago, scion said:

Totally fake video, it's just a distorted recording of the original dubbed over Eurovision. There was however a live recording of the rehearsal of Like a Prayer from the day before and it sounded almost as bad as the real performance, which kinda ruins the theory of an autotune mistake, as it wouldn't happen two days in a row. 

It's a hard song to sing, because both pitch and tone are important more so than in the majority of her other songs. Like a Prayer requires both Light and Shade in the voice, and if you listen to the original version of the song you'll notice that in the verses... but in the live versions I don't think she's ever really managed to balance those two aspects of the vocal, meaning most versions of the song sound very harsh live. 

RIT opening night was pretty good though, and the performance she gave on some RHT shows. I do think she still has it in her to perform this song beautifully but I feel like she needs a musical director who actually appreciates the complexity of the song, and actually gets the way it's essentially a miniature pop-rock symphony. 

but that won't happen. We are likely stuck with the pre-recorded drum loop performance with little to no musical direction or instrumental substance. 

I’ve listened to that audio and I think that she sounded great! I don’t see anything wrong with her voice there ?‍♂️

6 hours ago, ahl_legx said:

I’ve listened to that audio and I think that she sounded great! I don’t see anything wrong with her voice there ?‍♂️

Are you talking about the Eurovision rehearsal? Not the video posted above, but the live audio that actually leaked the day before the performance? The leaked audio is no longer available anywhere to my knowledge and isn't on YouTube but yes it was as bad as the real performance which I don't think anyone could honestly say sounded okay. 

Her Eurovision performance was absolute trash. If anyone thinks that was good you need your ears checked. Even with the autotune she still looked and sounded ridiculous. Why didn’t she just dress normally not crawl down 50 steps and perform like God Control or something 

3 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Her Eurovision performance was absolute trash. If anyone thinks that was good you need your ears checked. Even with the autotune she still looked and sounded ridiculous. Why didn’t she just dress normally not crawl down 50 steps and perform like God Control or something 

If singing God control would have been like the pride performance - out of breath and diaper ass - then i still prefer the actual ESC Performance starting LAP and Future. 

5 minutes ago, danMfan said:

we can hear some Dark Ballet parts here

https://www.instagram.com/p/COJMLTOhkUx/

They are so high when they are editing the audio ??? now I can understand the audio mix for her last 3 tour films... ???

And I think we need to get high when we will see the final product of the whole show... ??? We need to protect our brains from an epileptic collapse with weed! ???

4 minutes ago, devilpray said:

I have nothing against weed and I have smoked a couple of times BUT I really don't appreciate people who work in the industry and can't stop for a minute and WORK PROPERLY. The little snippet of vocals sounds nice though!

Agreed. I don’t mind it either. It’s less harmful than Alcohol if we wanna talk about the use of it. But like why are they doing it when they’re working! She’s paying them to do this :Madonna024:

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic