Madame X Tour DVD

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here you go 😘😘😘 Hidden Content Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

So what should be the cover image? I can't decide?? I did a mock-up of the live album. Went with one of Steven Klein's images as I thought it should've been the tour poster what with the red curtain and all  - it's perfect! But a live image is always good.  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sultrysully said:

I am gonna agree and disagree.  When I am at the show, it definitely sounds and feels live.  I think the DVDs are mostly prerecorded.  She needs to stop with the editsing and give us a Who's that Girl tour experience.  I have never been to a Madonna tour where it was not evident that she was singing live 90 percent of the time.  The DVDs are where I take issue.  She is great live but needs to share that with her fans on the recordings.

You obviously didn't go to Confessions or MDNA then, a good 25/30% of each of those shows pre-recorded on most dates. Confessions, depending on the leg of the tour, featured so much lead vocal playback that it's probably her most lip synched concert ever, and in fact, in the first half an hour of MDNA there's literally about five or six minutes of live vocals, and I don't mean on the DVD. 

Sticky and Sweet was probably the last large tour she did where she sang pretty much the entire concert live besides one or two songs. 

I mean at this stage and now she's slowly down I do think her voice was shown on the Madame X tour to be in particularly good shape. I'm very excited for this DVD :D

2 hours ago, scion said:

You obviously didn't go to Confessions or MDNA then, a good 25/30% of each of those shows pre-recorded on most dates. Confessions, depending on the leg of the tour, featured so much lead vocal playback that it's probably her most lip synched concert ever, and in fact, in the first half an hour of MDNA there's literally about five or six minutes of live vocals, and I don't mean on the DVD. 

MDNA had much more lip syncing than CT. On MDNA, only the first verse of Revolver, PDP, IDGA, TUTR, OYH, Masterpiece, CS, HN, LAV, I‘m a Sinner, Cyberraga and LAP were live. The rest was lip-synced. 

On Confessions, Future Lovers, the verses of Jump, Sorry, the chorus of Music Inferno, Erotica, the first half of Lucky Star and most of Hung Up we’re lip-synced, the latter depending on the night. And only in Phoenix she lip-synced LIB, too, with a vocal track that was quite beautiful but probably the most obviously pre-recorded track she’s ever used. 

Furthermore, as long as Stuart was her musical director, she did not sing over pre-recorded lead vocals/the studio vocals that she has playing along on most of the tracks these days. Confessions was the first tour where most of the backing vocals were her own pre-recorded vocals rather than exclusively done by the backing singers but it was not the show where she lip-synced the most. 

4 hours ago, scion said:

Sticky and Sweet was probably the last large tour she did where she sang pretty much the entire concert live besides one or two songs. 

I mean at this stage and now she's slowly down I do think her voice was shown on the Madame X tour to be in particularly good shape. I'm very excited for this DVD :D

Saw MDNA twice in Boston and saw Confessions 1 time.

8 hours ago, ahl_legx said:

I hope they finish it next week as they finished half of it in one week 

Let's hope so!

I also hope she already has a deal with some streaming service or TV channel to release or at least announce it already once it's done.

It would suck if she spent another two months trying to get someone to release this...