Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

I just watched the show, I loved it ! It's very different than her previous ones, and the edit is too. We don't have the epileptic cuts from MDNA or Rebel Heart, even with the clip cuts, it's kinda smooth. The light and the colors are great, no strange filters. The only things that bother me was the audio quality of the spoken parts and the hairdo she has during some shots of Vogue, but this is one is just a detail. 

One of the highlight for me Extreme Occident ! The scenography : brilliant ! You can add Frozen and I Rise to that list :)

Now I have to find a super good audio rip from it to make my own version of the live album, some things needs to be cut (Breathwork I'm watching you) and some songs needs to be add. I hope we'll also get the whole show, with Sodade etc to create an even more perfect live album :)

God I'm so fucking dumb I agreed to watch this with a friend and still have to wait another 5 hours until they're here. I have no fingernails left and on the edge of glory of a breakdown

Did check out some of the live album: Yes mother! Her best since Confessions (and I loved S&S in all its dubbed presentation) 

What a relief to see it's much better this time than the last two tours. It sounds GREAT and pretty much like it was live. MTV HITS had two commercials in between, which makes me assume that the weird fades between songs were made for TV stations to add commercials if they wanted. The live album is derived from that so... 

Now can we hope for an unedited show with no cuts? I miss the full Future and even the Batuka interlude. Intros are important to songs IMO.

While I watched Rebel Heart only once, I'll definitely watch this one again :heart:

Just finished watching the full thing, and I thought it was truly sublime. An absolute career highlight for M; very well done. Worth the wait, I'd say. It works very well when you consider this a film, not a concert really. I came away with new appreciation for Future, which wasn't one of my favorites prior. Loved how colorful, sharp, and beautifully vibrant the film is. She seems in good spirits as well, and her jokes are actually funny.

It's quite obviously a composite of different shows with many continuity errors, but those are easily forgiven due to how the whole thing is edited. As someone who didn't get to see the show live, the film did have a slightly truncated feel to me, like it's a tv edit--but this is offset by it never dragging.

so awesome.

So much detail That you missed in person.

IDSIF is cinematic,

Batuka breathtaking,

Crazy So much joy (You can tell she luvs singing It),

Medellin just fun,

Frozen absolute highlight,

Future So now,

LAP Always a highlight and

I rise chills. I do wish she kept Crave though. But Im sure we will get it in some shape or form

2 minutes ago, Jet said:

It’s so damn good! I’m just waiting for the bloody adverts to finish for batuka to start. So far my highlights are human nature and American life. Can’t wait for frozen…

Me too Im loving it so far gutted about God Control but I feel it was done in that way to communicate an important message and we have the album version so I dont feel robbed.

This might sound random but…

I’m watching in the UK now. At the beginning of American Life there was a very brief shot of a guy in the audience. The lighting looked very red. I could be wrong but he looked really, really similar to a shot of the same guy in the MDNA tour, shown just before Like A Virgin, where she says, “and if you have a problem with my ass, you can kiss it”. 

I’m hoping someone will be able to confirm via a screen grab. Is she recycling old crowd footage?!

1 minute ago, tajybajyboo said:

I’m watching in the UK now. At the beginning of American Life there was a very brief shot of a guy in the audience. The lighting looked very red. I could be wrong but he looked really, really similar to a shot of the same guy in the MDNA tour, shown just before Like A Virgin, where she says, “and if you have a problem with my ass, you can kiss it”. 

I’m hoping someone will be able to confirm via a screen grab. Is she recycling old crowd footage?!

Yes, it was shared here yesterday I guess, this is a footage from MDNA Tour

14 minutes ago, tajybajyboo said:

It was confirmed in another thread it was a recycled audience shot with a colour filter added.  Also she has audience reactions from the S&S tour too as someone spotted themselves and screengrabbed it 

Editing sucks until we get to the Fado section. It's seizure-enducing with half second transitions until this point. I had a headache up to Dark Ballet.

Paramount Plus app sucks, constantly need to relog in every time I use the app, and video already stopped once and had to reset.

Edit: video stopped again during Human Nature. Now I'm in middle of just torrenting it 

I’m really glad people are enjoying it. Maybe this one wasn’t for me, but in my humble opinion the over-editing is far worse than MDNA or Rebel Heart. There’s so much extra video footage chucked in here, there and everywhere. I’m genuinely surprised some fans are saying this is better? Each to their own I guess!

In the plus column, the audio in the songs is better and so far I only noticed the patch on/patch off continuity ‘errors’ and wig changes during act II.

1 hour ago, tajybajyboo said:

Maybe this one wasn’t for me, but in my humble opinion the over-editing is far worse than MDNA or Rebel Heart

Not just you. For me it's unwatchable. I'm off to get a Panadol

Edit: once it gets to the Fado section, it's enjoyable and love it from that point onwards

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic