Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

I was too distracted by her appearance to enjoy the show. Her face is so inflated which makes her head seem too large for her small stature; therefore, she looked like a bobble-head figurine. That new ass doesn't help things either. Her costumes now have to accommodate her disproportionate shape; therefore, whenever she wears shorts/hot pants, it looks like strangely like she's wearing a diaper.

Just my honest take-away.

First impressions after watching the show :

❤️???☮️

The video has nothing to do with the theater experience. Of course, we all know everything is highly edited yet it feels rough.

Great cinematic work.

She gets it right after the first songs.  The reworks are seamless, the rehearsal shots bring the intimacy the show had.

I love that she is being so political on record, especially on Paramount+ ?????

Very sexy.  Carnal. Joyful.

I hope everyone who attended the show will acknowledge that it looks as genuine as it felt back then.

Please, someone who saw the MTV broadcast could explain to me why there are fade to black transitions between songs? were those commercial breaks spots? I saw the MTV version later at night on the SkyGo app library, which had no commercials breaks in it but just atrocious moments of transition where everything fades to black and no audio can be heard. I noticed that the first transition is between Dark ballet and human nature. I'm really upset about that. The transitions between songs in general were kinda ugly, especially from the polaroid session (funny af) to AL.  Please tell me that my version is fucked up and the real deal is a seamless experience because I really can't take it.

Hi. So y’all know I didn’t like the album much. Couldn’t wait for tomorrow so I started watching the show on my way to work. This is my first impression, since I only managed to watch the first two numbers. 
I’m absolutely speechless. My eyes wide. Mouth open under my mask… it’s just so wonderful. I’ll update more when I finish it but for now, this is the feeling I had hoped for. Seeing these songs I couldn’t really connect to being performed live… it’s beautifully done. :Madonna041:

I've been to the screening in Paris with invitation from madonna.com

Unfortunately when I arrived to Grand Rex where last time I went in it was to see MX show..., I saw it was not in the concert venue room but only in a small cinema basic room.

The only good thing was a spoken message recorded by Madonna for the event "Hello Paris bla bla bla".

But the screening was not a good experience as the sound was absolutely shitty. The man from the cinema apologized about that because it was the only file he got that was not good enough for a screening.

Then for the movie in itself I am puzzled.

Best moment is perhaps Extreme occident. I loved American life, Killers, Batuka. But I'm just sad that Madonna singing live is something that we are loosing... I don't ear any fucking live voice on I rise or Come alive.

Everything sounds totally recorded. No musicians that really plays live most of the time.... But it was something that I already felt the 2 times I saw the show. But it remains being an extremely beautiful concert.

2 hours ago, shakeyerdix said:

I saw it was not in the concert venue room but only in a small cinema basic room.

Punk legend Patti Smith was performing Friday night on the main stage.

Girl is 75 but she still rocks and sings like she's 25.

WONDERFUL show.  Such an inspiring artist.

I've been to the screening in Paris with invitation from madonna.com
Unfortunately when I arrived to Grand Rex where last time I went in it was to see MX show..., I saw it was not in the concert venue room but only in a small cinema basic room.
The only good thing was a spoken message recorded by Madonna for the event "Hello Paris bla bla bla".
But the screening was not a good experience as the sound was absolutely shitty. The man from the cinema apologized about that because it was the only file he got that was not good enough for a screening.

Then for the movie in itself I am puzzled.
Best moment is perhaps Extreme occident. I loved American life, Killers, Batuka. But I'm just sad that Madonna singing live is something that we are loosing... I don't ear any fucking live voice on I rise or Come alive.
Everything sounds totally recorded. No musicians that really plays live most of the time.... But it was something that I already felt the 2 times I saw the show. But it remains being an extremely beautiful concert.

Exactly. The concert itself is really pretty good, at least in places, but you do get the impression the entire show is a recorded track, nothing about it really actually seems live except SOME of Ms vocals. It's clear the Batukadeiras aren't live at all, and neither are the instruments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, scion said:

Exactly. The concert itself is really pretty good, at least in places, but you do get the impression the entire show is a recorded track, nothing about it really actually seems live except SOME of Ms vocals. It's clear the Batukadeiras aren't live at all, and neither are the instruments.

The video his highly produced visually and sonically, but it doesn't mean that everything is fake.

When you stitch together shots and audio from the live shows, rehearsals and retakes, you will obviously get the feeling that vocals are lipsynced. I don't get why you all seem to be shocked by that fact. 

It is simply what editing is about, get over it.

Y'all being very picky and critical for no reason.

Finally watched this in all its 65” tv and 5.1 audio glory ( was also surprised my copy had full song subtitles too which I don’t think she has included on most concert releases ? ) 

I thought the audio mix was much better than rebel heart tour - her vocals were more centre speaker fixed and there wasn’t too much over processed audience noise 

I thought it was photographed beautifully but the editing did let down some of the fast paced songs but I didn’t find it as distracting as the last tour

I think everyone’s enjoyment really depends on how much you like the Madame x album as this is not a greatest hits experience- I thought the rescue me and Malik typewriter scenes were terrible sorry - I love rescue me so much and for it to be reduced to dancers exhaling like they were going to be sick was an insult to the song( I also didn’t like crazy or thre fado song )

apart from that I really enjoyed it - obviously this is never going to have the same impact as past stadium tours and the choreography was a bit flat and uninspired but i don’t think this is that kind of show ( she’s certainly slowed down since the last tour)

I loved future , frozen , I rise , don’t search , come alive and wow how cool was human nature ( loved the upside down editing )

will definitely watch it again though ?

6 hours ago, scion said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is kinda true it does sound very very similar to the record it didnt so much on bootleg recordings but i think this is to stay with the times ..social media is relentless when it comes to stars singing out of tune so i can get why madonna wanted it perfect - gone are the days blonde ambition where she sang mostly out of tune and got away with it - these days you are slaughtered and burned at the stake but yeah i agree that it sounds very much like the studio versions vocally and its sad because she did sing live on the show and people will presume she just mimed the entire show - she fixed this in a way she fixed the eurovision performance when it was uploaded but this time its a bit over the top ..too perfect and she is not perfect at live singing and i kinda dig her little errors when singing live - she cant win though you was slagging off how badly she sang live on a clip and now you are wanting completly live ..so which is it ? if she recorded the show and she sang off and badly would you complain about that ..i think so ..lets just face it she is not celine dion lol 

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Finally watched this in all its 65” tv and 5.1 audio glory

I tried to figure out for hours why I couldn't get any sound from my TV's Paramount+ app. Finally gave up and watched it with headphones on the website, and realized only yesterday that it was because I had CEC (Bravia Sync) turned off on my TV. I hate CEC, because it makes switching between multiple displays much more complicated, (and I also never stream) which is why I turned it off in the first place. Anyway, I don't think I'm gonna watch it again, even with surround now working. I just wasn't feeling it anymore in the last forty to fifty minutes. I think her shows could stand to be shorter these days. Especially if she's gonna keep playing the same songs she has on almost every tour since Blonde Ambition (Like a Prayer, Vogue).

5 minutes ago, Warm Gun said:

I tried to figure out for hours why I couldn't get any sound from my TV's Paramount+ app. Finally gave up and watched it with headphones on the website, and realized only yesterday that it was because I had CEC (Bravia Sync) turned off on my TV. I hate CEC, because it makes switching between multiple displays much more complicated, (and I also never stream) which is why I turned it off in the first place. Anyway, I don't think I'm gonna watch it again, even with surround now working. I just wasn't feeling it anymore in the last forty to fifty minutes.

You can always watch the kate bush theatre show she did in HD Quality (oh wait she didnt release it did she ) boooooo - talking of kate bush i never knew she lip synced but i watched a old show of hers years ago and she lipped the entire concert ..i was surprised ..not a dig at her as i like kate but i was a bit shocked - has she ever sung live in her shows ?

Edited by hankypanky2021 (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, hankypanky2021 said:

You can always watch the kate bush theatre show she did in HD Quality (oh wait she didnt release it did she ) boooooo - talking of kate bush i never knew she lip synced but i watched a old show of hers years ago and she lipped the entire concert ..i was surprised ..not a dig at her as i like kate but i was a bit shocked 

I've watched Kate Bush's Tour of Life (1979). (Is there another show?) She lip-synced one of the twelve songs in the official LaserDisc version. Unless I didn't pay close enough attention. I assumed the rest was live because she had a microphone.

i thought id hate vogue on this tour but it really works and like a prayer is something that should have been done on Eurovision -did kate sing wuthering heights on her last tour ? the oldies but goodies really work on this tour , human nature sounds almost fresh and even like a prayer is not as boring as normally lol 

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic