Monsieur Hugo X

Madame X Tour DVD

On 8/28/2020 at 8:23 AM, Shoful said:

Wow well this is brand new info to me 🙃

Is the entire show included in the DVD? 

Nope. We thought it'd be the full show given prior to other releases any other edited for time/censored shows were usually released uncut on the home release. With RHT, it was the same exact broadcast on the physical copy. And yes, to the edits. Lots of songs were shortened, choruses removed, songs omitted without a confirmed reason but she did keep that long piece before Rebel Heart that totally went against the show. 

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Nope. We thought it'd be the full show given prior to other releases any other edited for time/censored shows were usually released uncut on the home release. With RHT, it was the same exact broadcast on the physical copy. And yes, to the edits. Lots of songs were shortened, choruses removed, songs omitted without a confirmed reason but she did keep that long piece before Rebel Heart that totally went against the show. 

That's both interesting and disappointing to know. Would you mind listing all the cuts that were made to the filmed show? I know from some comments above that DP, D&D and LIB were shortened, but what are the others?

15 minutes ago, Ekans said:

That's both interesting and disappointing to know. Would you mind listing all the cuts that were made to the filmed show? I know from some comments above that DP, D&D and LIB were shortened, but what are the others?

From my memory

Devil Pray is cut towards the end.
Deeper and Deeper is another.
La Isla Bonita intro is missing.
Love Don't Live Here Anymore
Music
Lucky Star is missing from the medley
Not a cut but Like a Virgin (the Heartbeat breakdown) is extended and made longer
Body Shop intro is shorter than the live version.

11 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

From my memory

Devil Pray is cut towards the end.
Deeper and Deeper is another.
La Isla Bonita intro is missing.
Love Don't Live Here Anymore
Music
Lucky Star is missing from the medley
Not a cut but Like a Virgin (the Heartbeat breakdown) is extended and made longer
Body Shop intro is shorter than the live version.

The outro from Messiah Interlude was edited, S.E.X. Interlude was edited, The intro from the 80's Medley was edited too. 

3 hours ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

The outro from Messiah Interlude was edited, S.E.X. Interlude was edited, The intro from the 80's Medley was edited too. 

I still think about the scrapped sex teacher video she has supposedly recorded for S.E.X.

On 8/27/2020 at 11:01 PM, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Madonna could release the shorter version of her show... 

Madame X Tour Intro

Vogue

I Don't Search I Find 

American Life 

Amor De Mãe (Interlude) 

Batuka

Fado Pechincha 

Killers Who Are Partying 

Crazy

Welcome to My Fado Club / La Isla Bonita 

Medellín Intro (Interlude) 

Medellín 

Extreme Occident 

Rescue Me (Interlude) 

Frozen

Come Alive 

Future

Like a Prayer 

I Rise

:Madonna021: is not so bad... :Madonna033:

Yes it is very bad and I hope she don't do this.

From 9 shows I went, 2 was the lazy cut version and the whole thing lose the mean. No only for me, but I remember looking people around and they "what?"  :Madonna039:

On 8/27/2020 at 1:38 PM, musicinferno said:

They literally had to cut every second so they could make the show under 2 hours. Supposedly Showtime requested it didn't go beyond 120 minutes. With all the speeches and bonus songs, the show would have been close to 2 hours, 20 minutes. 

Devil pray is missing a chorus toward the end, Deeper and Deeper is also missing a chorus in the middle, Love Don't Live Here Anymore and Lucky Star were completely deleted, and La Isla Bonita's intro was completely cut off. Body Shop and Music also had their intro edited down. The CD nor the DVD had Like A Prayer and Take A Bow in the show (they were bonus tracks on the video release). 

Literally banging my head at the thought of this. Where’s Madonna the perfectionist? So much for artistic integrity that they butchered the official release of her art.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:33 AM, Enrico said:

As Casey Spooner is finally credited as a writer for God Control, she might remove it from the dvd and release the "short version" instead  :devil:

GC is the new Love don't live here anymore :lol:

God Control is the new Angel :laughing:

So much for her “artistic integrity” that she keeps talking about. Cutting the opener of her show... wow how much lower are we gonna get, really?

3 minutes ago, deathproof said:

No one said it was cut from the DVD though

I know.. I hope it won’t be, but if that’s even remotely possible, it would be devastating because God Control is literally one of my all time most favorite Madonna songs and she cut it on one of my dates and now not even a single professional recording???

16 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

She didn’t, but Enrico said the song credited the writer who was suing so he speculated that she might cut it from the tour recording and now even the thought of that drives me crazy lol

I doubt she will, since she teased professional footage of the tour months ago when the feud was still ongoing and it featured the God Control performance.

829097B2-E1CF-4B1A-BA91-288BF51CF9B3.jpeg

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

She didn’t, but Enrico said the song credited the writer who was suing so he speculated that she might cut it from the tour recording and now even the thought of that drives me crazy lol

I myself on the previous page said I was just joking:

I was laughing at her strange decisions. We often speculated she cut LDLHA not to pay royalties.

I am not an insider!

September and still no release date. Consistent but l hoped being such a limited theatre tour they may have considered how many fans missed out and get it released. I even got the tour book unopened for when l can experience both together but its hard to maintain the buzz