Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

4 hours ago, madfan13_86 said:

Now this DVD/video release (whatever ends up being) has been in the works for ages with no sign of release at all...

Are you forgetting the fact that we are in a pandemic and even mayor blockbuster movies had to be delayed for a year or two because post production went on hold? Even before this, she always takes time to release the tour films. 

I don't understand why she should be forced to give us a day to day status of the post production and the release date.

It's worth the wait. :flower:

I can't believe some people thought that that short video was an official trailer. I still think that the video won't come out this year, which is absolutely ridiculous. 

To be honest, I've been rather frustrated this week seeing how much effort someone like Kylie Minogue puts into her album releases. Not only that, but she seems to have a team committed to making her go number 1 in the UK, at the least. And then she actually PERFORMS (thus, promotes) the music during the album release week. Then, she also successfully delivers an online concert (heavily edited and all!). It just makes me think the little effort, creativity and overall thought there was behind everything related to Madame X. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the album and the tour, but I was always on edge — few AND bad interviews, never-ending problems during the tour, bad press, bad attitude etc — and it just seemed she was in a bad and confrontational mood (more than usual!) all along. Now this DVD/video release (whatever ends up being) has been in the works for ages with no sign of release at all... Honestly, unless there's a big release for this (which I doubt), whatever momentum there was, is gone. So many wasted opportunities throughout this era. Gone are the days of exciting Madonna releases every year or so. Sometimes I feel Madonna enjoys the brattiness and attention that being "Madonna" affords her, but she's really not interested in the work, success, or fame anymore. I respect her desire to probably focus on her family life more — she's earned it! — but it's frustrating and at times, sad how we've arrived to the present. Her albums come and go rather quickly nowadays and I suspect this live release will be a "fans only" thing in terms of its impact. 

Anyone else feeling the same? Sorry for the rant! :speakno:

So true !

I can't believe some people thought that that short video was an official trailer. I still think that the video won't come out this year, which is absolutely ridiculous. 

To be honest, I've been rather frustrated this week seeing how much effort someone like Kylie Minogue puts into her album releases. Not only that, but she seems to have a team committed to making her go number 1 in the UK, at the least. And then she actually PERFORMS (thus, promotes) the music during the album release week. Then, she also successfully delivers an online concert (heavily edited and all!). It just makes me think the little effort, creativity and overall thought there was behind everything related to Madame X. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the album and the tour, but I was always on edge — few AND bad interviews, never-ending problems during the tour, bad press, bad attitude etc — and it just seemed she was in a bad and confrontational mood (more than usual!) all along. Now this DVD/video release (whatever ends up being) has been in the works for ages with no sign of release at all... Honestly, unless there's a big release for this (which I doubt), whatever momentum there was, is gone. So many wasted opportunities throughout this era. Gone are the days of exciting Madonna releases every year or so. Sometimes I feel Madonna enjoys the brattiness and attention that being "Madonna" affords her, but she's really not interested in the work, success, or fame anymore. I respect her desire to probably focus on her family life more — she's earned it! — but it's frustrating and at times, sad how we've arrived to the present. Her albums come and go rather quickly nowadays and I suspect this live release will be a "fans only" thing in terms of its impact. 

Not the topic, but tbh except for the concert, i was shocked about kylies cover art, cheap video, her horrible  audio on those commercial clips on facebook and so on. 

Feeling similar and really perplexed on timing, being a very limited show with a phone ban majority of fans have not seen anything so l thought they may actually try to sell this one or get fan engagement at the end via streaming, no creativity like Bruce, Dolly or Kylie. How much does Madame X show age just being past the election now. Does she really just want an aging core audience of rich gays who can travel and like really bad merchandise

Clearly this is coming out, I just hope she (and that team of her’s) understand the need for being timely. The MXT was very “of the moment”, so releasing a highly political show without the benefit of one (or more) issues to get across would seem like it’s just another grab for attention, when it’s really her being ahead of the the curve. 

On 11/9/2020 at 3:44 PM, Clark_Kent said:

Are you forgetting the fact that we are in a pandemic and even mayor blockbuster movies had to be delayed for a year or two because post production went on hold? Even before this, she always takes time to release the tour films. 

I don't understand why she should be forced to give us a day to day status of the post production and the release date.

It's worth the wait. :flower:

No blockbuster movie was postponed a year or two because post production went on hold.  LOL.  They got postponed because there's no theater box office to guarantee a return on investment, the end.

27 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

No blockbuster movie was postponed a year or two because post production went on hold.  LOL.  They got postponed because there's no theater box office to guarantee a return on investment, the end.

Are you joking? A lot of movies that were in production/post production got delayed, besides the ones that were going to premiere this year and had to be pushed back because of closed cinemas: Avatar, Star Wars, The Batman, John Wick 4, Jurassic World, The Matrix are just a few examples of movies that where in production and they had to be delayed because they lost months of filming/production and can't be completed for their original release date.

5 hours ago, Clark_Kent said:

Are you joking? A lot of movies that were in production/post production got delayed, besides the ones that were going to premiere this year and had to be pushed back because of closed cinemas: Avatar, Star Wars, The Batman, John Wick 4, Jurassic World, The Matrix are just a few examples of movies that where in production and they had to be delayed because they lost months of filming/production and can't be completed for their original release date.

No, I'm not joking.  "In production" has nothing to do with "post-production".  Everything for Madame X was filmed before the first lockdown.  The only joke is how untimely this release, if ever, will be as usual and forgotten by everyone except the hardcore fans at this point.

Every other MUSICAL artist has managed to put out MUSICAL and video work product during this time except... oh wait...  Madonna.

10 hours ago, RebelHeartbreak said:

Clearly this is coming out, I just hope she (and that team of her’s) understand the need for being timely. The MXT was very “of the moment”, so releasing a highly political show without the benefit of one (or more) issues to get across would seem like it’s just another grab for attention, when it’s really her being ahead of the the curve. 

I can see it now. 

Madonna: “Get that old man, put him in a jail”

The general public: ” Is she talking about Joe Biden?!?”

:salty:

10 hours ago, stfan97 said:

No, I'm not joking.  "In production" has nothing to do with "post-production".  Everything for Madame X was filmed before the first lockdown.  The only joke is how untimely this release, if ever, will be as usual and forgotten by everyone except the hardcore fans at this point.

Every other MUSICAL artist has managed to put out MUSICAL and video work product during this time except... oh wait...  Madonna.

Dear, post production can't be done either if people can't go to work with the already produced material if there's a lockdown. That's what happened with many films/tv shows, including Madame X. The industry has resumed working recently and that's a known fact. 

13 minutes ago, Fighter said:

IDK what you guys are talking about.... it will be ready when it's ready. 

People don't understanding the fact that post production for the Madame X film was delayed because of covid.

Exactly what you said, it will be ready when it is. They're working on it and it's resulting really good  :flower:

1 minute ago, Clark_Kent said:

Really, people gets really demanding about the film, like if M is obligated to give it to them.

We should be glad enough that the show was filmed and is on its way to be released because she is one of the last to do that.
After that we'll have a drama about the streaming service or the channel chosen to air the concert
And then about the fact that it was on TV or Netflix and so it means no DVD

And then that the DVD is bad

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic