Madame X Tour DVD

Fabiolous

4 hours ago, MDNA22 said:

Thanks - I never noticed in the I'm Going To Tell You a Secret footage that there was footage from Lisbon I thought it was all from Paris  -  but not surprised Jonas would have done a great edit job so you would not notice unlike the last couple of DVD's where it's obvious one shot to the next the footage is from different stops on the tour  

It was extremely brief, only when the lift was lowering when she started singing the first verse of Vogue. At first glance it blends well but if you look closer, you will see they only digitally colored her corset but not the gold beads that were dangling. 

15 hours ago, musicinferno said:

It was extremely brief, only when the lift was lowering when she started singing the first verse of Vogue. At first glance it blends well but if you look closer, you will see they only digitally colored her corset but not the gold beads that were dangling. 

Thanks  - I notice now when I look again

Anyway: the Madame X tour video has not been scrapped. I've been told that Warner Music is definitely distributing the dvd.

I don't think there's room for God Control, and after the hacker was arrested there are no more leaks. We can hope to get old material, but we have nothing from the MX sessions. We might have to wait for the 50th anniversary edition!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
18 hours ago, Enrico said:

Anyway: the Madame X tour video has not been scrapped. I've been told that Warner Music is definitely distributing the dvd.

Nice to hear that Warner is distributing it. Hope it’s true!

4 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Nice to hear that Warner is distributing it. Hope it’s true!

6 hours ago, Shoful said:

Please tell me you’re serious! Especially the Warner part

I am not an "insider", actually I first came here looking for the RHT setlist! But this time a person who is a journalist in music industry told me so, I am sorry if I can't say the name. I think it's serious and reliable. Unfortunately didn't say anything about the release date.

On 12/18/2020 at 2:15 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Christopher Lamb was in charge of the Lisbon footage and you’re right, the CBS deal was scrapped before the concerts were even filmed. The only thing I know about Jonas being involved with the Lisbon footage is that he used some of it for the concert footage in I’m Going to Tell You a Secret. The corset was even colour corrected in some shots to match the lilac one she wore in the Paris concerts. I wish they shot the full Paris show though. That footage was gorgeous. I’m pretty sure the concert exists fully edited though. It was just never released unfortunately. 

I was at all shows in Paris Bercy in 2004 and I don't think the whole show was filmed. They filmed the 2 last nights and only on few songs huge cameras were on stage. Many moments of the show were without cameras. I perfectly remember complaining during Nothing fails, the huge camera was between me and her so I didn't see her during the whole song.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, shakeyerdix said:

I was at all shows in Paris Bercy in 2004 and I don't think the whole show was filmed. They filmed the 2 last nights and only on few songs huge cameras were on stage. Many moments of the show were without cameras. I perfectly remember complaining during Nothing fails, the huge camera was between me and her so I didn't see her during the whole song.

Thanks for sharing, I’ve always wondered if the full Paris concert was filmed or not. It’s a shame if it wasn’t because Jonas Åkerlund’s footage was beautiful. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Thanks for sharing, I’ve always wondered if the full Paris concert was filmed or not. It’s a shame if it wasn’t because Jonas Åkerlund’s footage was beautiful. 

I was at the Paris shows, at the front they had camera's at 2 of the 4 shows,  right in front of me they filmed the first song then during the second song they switched reels and filmed the 3rd..   they did this all the way through the concert.  The following night they did then same thing except filmed the alternate songs they had been switching reels the night before.     The first night the boom camera was on the left the second night the boom camera was on the right.

They must have enough footage to put a complete show together..

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

I was at the Paris shows, at the front they had camera's at 2 of the 4 shows,  right in front of me they filmed the first song then during the second song they switched reels and filmed the 3rd..   they did this all the way through the concert.  The following night they did then same thing expect filmed the alternate songs they had been switching reels the night before.     The first night the boom camera was on the left the second night the boom camera was on the right.

They must have enough footage to put a complete show together..

It'd be great if this footage still exists. Was it the last two nights of the Paris shows because I think that's when they recorded the live album as well?

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

It'd be great if this footage still exists. Was it the last two nights of the Paris shows because I think that's when they recorded the live album as well?

Honestly i'm not sure it probably was.   I explicitly remember watching them turn the cameras off after beast within and they switched film reels (don't think they last long).   Looking around the arena all the other camera crews were switching reels at the same time..    So the 1st night Vogue wasn't filmed..  and so it went on.   

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, The Ghost said:

Honestly i'm not sure it probably was.   I explicitly remember watching them turn the cameras off after beast within and they switched film reels (don't think they last long).   Looking around the arena all the other camera crews were switching reels at the same time..    So the 1st night Vogue wasn't filmed..  and so it went on.   

Thanks for sharing. It would be fantastic if a full Paris concert is out there. How annoying that both the tours we want were both filmed in the same venue :lol: 

Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

Thanks for sharing. It would be fantastic if a full Paris concert is out there. How annoying that both the tours we want were both filmed in the same venue :lol: 

Yes it is,   Bercy is very wide and popular for filming as it can accommodate the boom camera's better than other venues.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, The Ghost said:

Yes it is,   Bercy is very wide and popular for filming as it can accommodate the boom camera's better than other venues.

I hope we can get them both one day. The footage we’ve seen captures both tours really well. The Nice and Lisbon recordings look so dated now. 

3 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

You can see in one of these images they have a clapper board held out in front of the camera and Madonna is clearly singing on the big screens..

bercy_documentary_crew1news.jpg

bercy_documentary_crew2news.jpg

Guest Nobody Knows Me
22 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I can't tell if she has the headband on or not lol. Is that Die Another Day?

I thought she had it on looking at that picture?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Die Another Day is in the docu, right? (Haven't see it in years). So if it's another song from that section, then it proves they filmed more from Paris than just the select songs that appear in it.

I don’t think anything from the cabaret section was featured in IGTTYAS but I might be wrong. The professional Die Another Day footage online looks like Lisbon. I think they definitely filmed more in Paris, and again it would make sense for them to film the entire show instead of stopping and starting over two nights? 

• RUADJAI pinned this topic
  • RUADJAI featured this topic
  • RUADJAI unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter locked this topic
  • RUADJAI unlocked, unfeatured and featured this topic