Monsieur Hugo X

Madame X Tour DVD

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

and to be fair, CT editing and sound post production with crowds cheering going in and out was not a great "live experience" video either. Way too over-post-produced.

Give me a fkn Girlie Show show any day of the week :)

I agree Girlie Show was great "Live", but at least with Confessions it was mixed so we really felt like it all was vocally live. It's been a while since I watch the whole tour, but I don't recall hearing her singing over backing tracks like on the last several tours. My fear with Madame X is the vocal effects on some of the songs will just sound pretty awful.  From the little I have heard so far, some of the songs do not sound good live with all those vocal effects she's put on the mic. So yeah, I look forward her to tour much like she did with Girlie Show when it comes to her live vocals because for the most part it was live and she actually sounded great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaddyZ said:

Give me a fkn Girlie Show show any day of the week :)

We were lucky that they couldn't film GS properly because of the storm and so they only had the rehearsal footage! :devil:

I remember clearly that morning when we were supposed to see it live from Sydney on pay tv here in Italy and they announced something was wrong and they couldn't broadcast the concert. It was very hard to find someone who had Sky tv at the time and was at home in the morning!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MarXus said:

I agree Girlie Show was great "Live", but at least with Confessions it was mixed so we really felt like it all was vocally live. It's been a while since I watch the whole tour, but I don't recall hearing her singing over backing tracks like on the last several tours. My fear with Madame X is the vocal effects on some of the songs will just sound pretty awful.  From the little I have heard so far, some of the songs do not sound good live with all those vocal effects she's put on the mic. So yeah, I look forward her to tour much like she did with Girlie Show when it comes to her live vocals because for the most part it was live and she actually sounded great.

We thought the same on RHT and the result was way less terrible then expected. Besides some obvious mishaps like LAV, the vocal mix on that tour sounded pretty passable

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

To be fair anything after MDNA was an upgrade, am glad the MDNA Miami Soundboard leaked. That's my official one

If you know, could you please show me where I may be able to find this link??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, felipe929 said:

We thought the same on RHT and the result was way less terrible then expected. Besides some obvious mishaps like LAV, the vocal mix on that tour sounded pretty passable

Oh, I agree RHT is far better than MDNA Tour.  Still, you can hear the backing tracks.  Even Sticky and Sweet wasn't so bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

and to be fair, CT editing and sound post production with crowds cheering going in and out was not a great "live experience" video either. Way too over-post-produced.

Give me a fkn Girlie Show show any day of the week :)

Really? Because I find the VHS and DVD of "Live Down Under" to have a LOT of crowd sweetening audio, especially the first 45 minutes or so.  I was obsessed with this tour for many years, so please, don't take this as a negative comment.
The original HBO Broadcast version is the exact same show, but the audio seems way more alive without the added screams. I'm not sure if it was her headset. but when she used it, it was way more in front of the mix.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CYSMM said:

That's why I have a feeling it will end up as the Re-Invention... She won't be satisfied and we'll wait and hope for decades for collector boxes  :cry:

Why?  Just because it happened during the RIT, doesn't mean it's going to happen now?  And personally, I don't believe it has much to do with her not being satisfied rather the fact, she released a documentary featuring much of the show.

Since then, she's released every tour after. She'll do it again with Madame X.  Two nights (and who knows how much more was filmed without our knowledge) is sufficient enough to edit a perfect show. It'll happen and I'm sure sooner than most are predicting! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, madenis said:

It's funny because it's like a circle.

Each tour, some expects the show not being filmed

Each tour, after being filmed, some expects the show not to be released because Madonna would not be satisfied

Exactly, it's much like this tour.  She cancelled many shows mostly due to her injury.  And while that may got to be a bit of a norm for this tour, it's not for Madonna and touring.  I feel some fans seem to put too much emphasis on the negative or things that didn't turn out the way they wanted it, making as if this is normal for Madonna. Just because she didn't end up releasing RIT doesn't mean it's the norm.  And it's not true since we've gotten tour release for every tour after RIT. 

There is no way she's going to let this one get by without being a release. She wants people to see this.  While it may not turned out to be the great tour she wanted to, you can bet the film will portray the exact opposite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarXus said:

Exactamente, es muy parecido a esta gira. Ella canceló muchos shows principalmente debido a su lesión. Y si bien puede ser una norma para esta gira, no es para Madonna y las giras. Siento que algunos fanáticos parecen poner demasiado énfasis en lo negativo o las cosas que no resultaron como lo querían, haciendo que esto sea normal para Madonna. Solo porque no terminó lanzando RIT no significa que sea la norma. Y no es cierto ya que obtuvimos el lanzamiento de la gira para cada gira después de RIT. 

No hay forma de que deje que esto pase sin ser una liberación. Ella quiere que la gente vea esto. Si bien puede que no sea la gran gira que quería, puede apostar que la película retratará exactamente lo contrario.

 I totally agree with you ... I find it absurd that they continue with that mentality that she is not happy with the recording, it is a show that she wants the world to see ... RT is something else and she released a documentary so wait Madame ✖️ live ""

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, madenis said:

It's funny because it's like a circle.

Each tour, some expects the show not being filmed

Each tour, after being filmed, some expects the show not to be released because Madonna would not be satisfied

And every time we complain about the editing.

Madonna fans are one of a kind, aren't we?

:bothered:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.