MarXus

Florida Couple Buys out the Dollar Tree of Paper Towels and TP, selling it for Profit!!

Local_stores_under_strain_as_people_buy_

Who would have thunk, that toilet paper would be so popular these days?  Apparently, Toilet paper is flying off the shelves like no tomorrow due to the Corona Virus.   I'm not sure I understand the connection though?  While some may laugh at such an idea, others may take serious.  This brings me to to wonder since MInfinity is a multi-cultural forum with members world-wide, maybe you can add what may be flying off the shelves lately, whether it's due to the latest hyped upped Virus or some other craze society is concerned about?  What's missing from your store shelves these days?

Updated here about the Florida Couple: https://madonna-infinity.net/forums/topic/23320-2020-the-year-of-the-toilet-paper/?do=findComment&comment=865130

One of the less sensationally titled things going around the web was this.
https://www.ecdc.europa.eu/en/novel-coronavirus-china/questions-answers

With things like this.........
3. Are face masks effective in protecting against COVID-19?

If you are infected, the use of surgical face masks may reduce the risk of you infecting other people, but there is no evidence that face masks will effectively prevent you from being infected with the virus. In fact, it is possible that the use of face masks may even increase the risk of infection due to a false sense of security and increased contact between hands, mouth and eyes.

The virus is still 'on' your hands with a hand-sanitzer gel.

Only washing them in running water with soap can remove this bug.
Which isn't technically alive !

Set a timer and see how long you can go without wanting to touch or scratch anywhere on your face & head.
Niqāb's are gonna become the height of fashion or necessity.

I went to Sam's Club yesterday here in Texas and it was mayhem. The toilet paper line was circling around two aisles and there was no order. Just people ramming and squeezing into small spaces to get things like it was an episode of Supermarket Sweep. The hand sanitizer is long gone and I didn't see any other off brands, detergent and cleaning supplies too was scarce. Random people began shouting things like "The store on this street had some of this left" etc. The bottled water was completely gone. 

What irks me about the whole thing is there is no limit in place. I saw shoppers with like seven to eight big packs of toilet paper and other goods that would be enough for everyone who wanted some if only the stores set a limit or maintained order. The Walmart I went to afterwards, most of the laundry and cleaning supplies were gone, the waters too, some canned goods and of course soaps and other were gone. The meat section at Sam's was empty too along with some other things like packaged assortment chips, baked goods etc. 

Thankfully, stores and some online retailers are putting limits now and stopping the price gouging some shops and online shoppers are doing to those in need. Hope this post was helpful. I'm in the RGV portion of Texas near the Mexican border so they've begun placing watches at the big shopping mall visited by a lot of Mexican tourists, certain concerts, Spring Break at South Padre Island beach and other things. The school might shift to online classes as my friend's in San Antonio (four hours north of my town) has already.

45 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I went to Sam's Club yesterday here in Texas and it was mayhem. The toilet paper line was circling around two aisles and there was no order. Just people ramming and squeezing into small spaces to get things like it was an episode of Supermarket Sweep. The hand sanitizer is long gone and I didn't see any other off brands, detergent and cleaning supplies too was scarce. Random people began shouting things like "The store on this street had some of this left" etc. The bottled water was completely gone. 

What irks me about the whole thing is there is no limit in place. I saw shoppers with like seven to eight big packs of toilet paper and other goods that would be enough for everyone who wanted some if only the stores set a limit or maintained order. The Walmart I went to afterwards, most of the laundry and cleaning supplies were gone, the waters too, some canned goods and of course soaps and other were gone. The meat section at Sam's was empty too along with some other things like packaged assortment chips, baked goods etc. 

Thankfully, stores and some online retailers are putting limits now and stopping the price gouging some shops and online shoppers are doing to those in need. Hope this post was helpful. I'm in the RGV portion of Texas near the Mexican border so they've begun placing watches at the big shopping mall visited by a lot of Mexican tourists, certain concerts, Spring Break at South Padre Island beach and other things. The school might shift to online classes as my friend's in San Antonio (four hours north of my town) has already.

What makes things more interesting, that I subscribe (email/text) to a few of my favorite local shops.  One is quite popular in the U.S., and it emails me on a daily basis, that they assured me that certain items  would be "limited".  I'm not sure I believed that was the case. Still, there was Sanitary and cold medicines available, they claimed that was limited.  Though, there was no doubt those items were still hard to keep in stock.  Still, there were other local popular stores which lacked these items.

What I do know is that the media in the U.S. isn't helping.  At the same time, our government including the President isn't convincing people in remaining calm over this.  Just last night Donald Trump made a Presidential address, but his address wasn't very calming by any means.  He stuck to his script, and came off quite cold and lacked compassion to the issue.  He was far more interested in trying to convince the economy was still strong and that the Virus wouldn't keep spreading rapidly, which is all untrue.

In my town (a little one in Spain) only 27 persons has the coronavirus, and now we can't find alcohol, Hand Sanitizer, toilet paper, hydrogen peroxide, etc, etc, in the Supermarket. Even the fresh food (chicken, etc) is disappearing from the store shelves. It's starting to be a nightmare. 

4 hours ago, ScottyX said:

1 roll per month????

You might need some fibre in your diet lol

No, but there is something called soap and water. I wash myself after I used the toilet.

I really only need more toilet paper when I'm not at home.

5 hours ago, Holger said:

No, but there is something called soap and water. I wash myself after I used the toilet.

I really only need more toilet paper when I'm not at home.

Yeah, I do the same. I limit the use of toilet paper as well because I feel washing afterwards is more effective.  

12 hours ago, Jaawsshhh said:

The media is over hyping people's fear. Ugh.

I agree with this, but it's never a win win here because it's still an issue we need to address, and if the media wasn't saying enough, people would be criticizing them for not.

I do think the government has tried to downplay this in the U.S., acting as if it's under control, but I don't think we've seen the worst yet.  I'm not sure how just restricting flights coming from Europe is going to keep this under control, since most who are wanting to get to the U.S., will travel to other non-restricted countries like the UK to get to the U.S.  Also, this is an airborne virus and has been spreading slowly since 2019.  There is no doubt, all countries are affected by now. 

I gotta THANK  the maker and the mod for letting me back.
This is the funniest thread I've read in ages.
Fibre.
As for that un-elected orange creature....the US Stock Market apparently plummeted and is continuing a downward spiral.
Big Business is just loving his ''it's not that serious'' approach.
There is now some openly saying he is putting life at risk.
As for them snake-oil types selling corona-proof toothpaste ?
Nearly as bad as all the 2nd rate has-beens using the 'wash your hands' Song Chart idea as a form of self promotion.
Where there's death = There's Profit.
And since you will all be staying indoors you WILL be downloading 'my songs'....Jesus Wept.

25 minutes ago, professormouse said:

I gotta THANK  the maker and the mod for letting me back.
This is the funniest thread I've read in ages.
Fibre.
As for that un-elected orange creature....the US Stock Market apparently plummeted and is continuing a downward spiral.
Big Business is just loving his ''it's not that serious'' approach.
There is now some openly saying he is putting life at risk.
As for them snake-oil types selling corona-proof toothpaste ?
Nearly as bad as all the 2nd rate has-beens using the 'wash your hands' Song Chart idea as a form of self promotion.
Where there's death = There's Profit.
And since you will all be staying indoors you WILL be downloading 'my songs'....Jesus Wept.

Well, there is no doubt the President is back peddling now.  But yes, he originally and still somewhat thinks the U.S. has it underwraps.  Sorry, but it's just beginning.  It's going to eventually spread like a wild fire if it's not happening already.  Thank goodness we are seeing our local government taking precaution.  But I suspect the president doesn't want to create a huge panic and that's why he's downplaying it.  Though, when we have people stocking up toilet paper and hand sanitizer, it's safe to say people are in panic mode.  Also, the stock market has been plummeting long before this virus became a concern.  And you can bet the economy is going to tank after this because the money that is being poured out for this, will take years to make up. 

22 hours ago, Andymad said:

Also, I don’t know about y’all but I’ve just stocked my wine cabinet. In the event of a crisis and we’re all on lockdown, at least I can get lit in the comfort of my own home.

italian film GIF

Great idea!

On 3/12/2020 at 7:37 PM, Andymad said:

So here something interesting. My sister lives in the UK, works as a receptionist in a care facility for children. Here is her recipe for hand sanitizer she makes for her own home.

50/50 mix

Aloe Vera (after sun gel)

Rubbing Alcohol

50/50 mix!

Well, that's all that is really needed.  A lot of things can come cheaper to us with our own remedies that can be found at home.

19 hours ago, louis.exe said:

I work in a corner shop in the uk and let me tell you the panic buying is causing me to go insane

Yeah, I went shopping for essentials today.  The store was packed with people.  The impact is really hitting hard today as of tonight a lot of businesses are closing their doors to servicing people in quanities such as restaurants and bars.  My employment has closed down for two weeks and might extend up to 8 weeks if this isn't contained quickly.  I'm afraid to say, it's just the beginning though.  Meanwhile at the store, a lot shelves were empty.  I didn't buy the usual popular items, but I did look for Clorox Wipes and there were any.  A lot of can goods were gone as well.  Some guy was being tossed out of the store by security. I am not for sure why, but all I heard is the security say, "And please don't come back" and then the guy shot back, "Bunch of idiots running this place!" (which very well could be true. I rarely shop at this store because I've had issues with them). 

24 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Yeah, there's lines and now limits in place at most stores thankfully so people won't hoard then again, there are families who send their siblings, parents or others to go buy as well. At least their asses will be clean.

Some experts say the hoarding of toilet paper has nothing to do with the fact of what's going on or making sure they have a steady supply.  I guess some think since using a bathroom is a very basic function everyone does, it's the one thing they can control.  It sounds weird, but I'm sure there are people who can explain it far more better than I just did. LOL!  All I know is if you're fighting with someone to get Toilet Paper, you've lost the plot!  :laughing: