What M song made you a FAN?

MarXus

Hung Up was the first song I liked of hers and one of the first I remember hearing.

The song that made me the fan I am was a mix of Express Yourself and Bad Girl. Express Yourself was catchy and empowering. Bad Girl was beautiful and the music video was amazing. Both songs made me want to see more of her discography.

I became a fan in 1986 at the age of 6 after watching the True Blue video. I used to sing it all the time, and then my parents bought me the True Blue album on cassette. I had a neighbour who also liked Madonna, and we used to sit together and play Madonna tapes in her room... she had Like a Virgin, and I had True Blue.... oh the 80s were fun.

it, ALL started with GAMBLER and Crazy FOR YOU for me,i didn't even know like a virgin ,material girl or holiday!!!!! ...so damn strange,....BUT there was my ALLTIME QUEEN,born,and ...grow to who i admire my whole life,...except now....for cancelling my showwwww!!!!! F***,but that sad period will passe also eventually...BUT i can only say,....I sooooo LUV this woman till death!!! i hope to see her again,in the FUTURE

When i say i am a lifelong fan, i'm not kidding. I grew up in a household with 4 older sisters who listened to Madonna all the time. I was born in 1990, so growing up my early childhood was infused with songs like Vogue, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself and Deeper & Deeper. One of my earliest memories is 4 or 5 year old me and all my sisters throwing impromptu dance parties in our living room with the "You Can Dance" and "Like A Prayer" LP on full spin. My mother, an proper orthodox Christian woman, absolutely hated Madonna and that was what made Madonna even more fun for us. Fast forward to 15 year old me seeing the Hung Up video for the first time. Hung Up and Confessions cemented her as my all time favorite artist. That is when i started listening to her on my own. That is when i decided i would stan f o r e v e r

Hung Up! My sister buy the Confession on a dance Floor album and offer to me me for my birthday in 2006. This album made on the top 3 of my favorites Madonna albums and i buy the others albums, and for few CD, i sold the CD i didn't like (i hate Erotica album and i'm not a fan of American Life album, depiste the last included many goods songs like Mother and Father or Hollywood).

On 3/17/2020 at 3:00 AM, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

When i say i am a lifelong fan, i'm not kidding. I grew up in a household with 4 older sisters who listened to Madonna all the time. I was born in 1990, so growing up my early childhood was infused with songs like Vogue, Like A Prayer, Express Yourself and Deeper & Deeper. One of my earliest memories is 4 or 5 year old me and all my sisters throwing impromptu dance parties in our living room with the "You Can Dance" and "Like A Prayer" LP on full spin. My mother, an proper orthodox Christian woman, absolutely hated Madonna and that was what made Madonna even more fun for us. Fast forward to 15 year old me seeing the Hung Up video for the first time. Hung Up and Confessions cemented her as my all time favorite artist. That is when i started listening to her on my own. That is when i decided i would stan f o r e v e r

I envy you. No one in my house as a child really dug Madonna.  I did have a sister who liked her early on during the Like A Virgin era, when I was just starting to become a fan. 

3 hours ago, madgefan said:

AL is ok. I loved it at the Madame X Tour. As a single it was a bit weak.

I think they were going for more of a "shock and awe", especially with the original video until it got too real in the U.S. at the time, and she and her team back down.  I don't blame her because the DIxie Chicks got a lot of hate and death threats when the lead singer criticized George Bush in a different country.  The cool thing is; they may have gotten a lot of crap thrown at them, and slightly was pushed off the radar some, but even now they are back with an album that heavily criticizes the current Trump administration. No one is saying shit these days about it. 

I was being offered Who's That Girl, then I loved Like A Prayer (bought first the single record, then the album), then I loved Vogue (bought the single record, then the album)... and then thnk God they played The Blond Ambition Tour (from Barcelona) on french TV, and that was it, I became a fan, watching it over and over. And I almost missed it because my parents and I came back from vacations that very day... I recorded it...

So I wouldn't say it's a song specificly, it's really the tour that made me a fan... I was 13 that year...

image.png.af4c6c2141a3a521c3c7a0333a34f50c.png