What M song made you a FAN?

MarXus

10 hours ago, Mister_Pop said:

I was being offered Who's That Girl, then I loved Like A Prayer (bought first the single record, then the album), then I loved Vogue (bought the single record, then the album)... and then thnk God they played The Blond Ambition Tour (from Barcelona) on french TV, and that was it, I became a fan, watching it over and over. And I almost missed it because my parents and I came back from vacations that very day... I recorded it...

So I wouldn't say it's a song specificly, it's really the tour that made me a fan... I was 13 that year...

image.png.af4c6c2141a3a521c3c7a0333a34f50c.png

Sounds like Good sex to me. :hearteyes:

19 hours ago, artlover said:

Do any of you guys remember a reality show called Popstar? It was broadcast a Brazilian version in which in one of the phases they had to create a dance routine while listening to Music

I do recall it.  Not the actual episode, just heard of the show.  So did they do it in cowboy hats, etc?

• 2 months later...
On 3/16/2020 at 8:28 PM, MarXus said:

Which one finally sealed the deal, or do they all come as a package to you?  :08:

I think I was slowly discovering the whole M package: I liked Holiday and Borderline very much, loved the Material Girl video because I was a Marilyn Monroe fan, and when I saw the Dress You Up live video, I discovered what a powerful phenomenon she is. Dress You Up and Into the Groove were the last triggers to fall in love with her. The 80s were such a heavenly time to become a Madonna fan! 

Edited by Levon (see edit history)

Vogue, of course.

I was 9, my family and I were on our way to a beach vacation, it was like a 4 hour ride, and all of that time my mom was listening to Madonna. I don't even remember if I was paying attention to the music, until Vogue came on. It seriously felt like I was waking up to something. I used to tell my mom that it sounded like "music from a movie about kings" or something like that lol, and she kept telling me that the video was amazing. I had to wait like 6 days to watch it (my mom had recorded a "Immaculate Collection Special" on vhs that was shown on a local network lol)

Burning Up for me, I loved that song and the video of this pretty woman gyrating around in the middle of the road. Was only a child at the time, so didn't really connect all those first album and LAV songs to the same person, but it really kicked in with Gambler, ITG and CFY. Back then it just seemed to be hit after hit, played on the radio and on TV. True Blue cemented it for me and Like A Prayer made me a lifer. What a great time to be a fan, with all that controversy, the Pepsi advertisement etc.

Weirdly enough, the first M song I remember hearing was Spotlight. It was on some old cassette my dad had (probably a mixtape he made). I remember loving the song and at the time (about 2002) I discovered some of the singles from Music, and soon after, the American Life album. I think hearing American Life made me a proper fan, and made me go back in her discography :) Another fun fact: when I heard the Above & Beyond remix of WIFLFAG, it made me fall in love with trance music, and to this day I'm a big fan of trance.

i became a fan this year, between january or february, the only madonna songs i knew until then were La Isla Bonita, Like A Virgin, and Material Girl, one day i was bored, so i decided to listen new songs, and i asked to myself, why i don't listen new madonna songs?, and well, now i love madonna :laughing:, i think the song that made me a fan is Into The Groove, because i always liked the 80s music, and that song is soooo 80s,

When I listened to "Dress You Up", I was fascinated and it's one of my favorite songs from the 80s, but when I saw her sing "Gambler" in the Virgin Tour, I really loved that song and it highlighted my fanaticism for her seeing so much beauty, strength and sensuality, I fell in love completely of her. :05: