Guys...Why not state the obvious?

eXtremeOccident

It was the stupid eyepatch. Omg. It hit me tonight.

THAT'S what hurt her knee.

I'm watching the video of her dancing at Pride. She *slayed* those moves. It was almost like the old Madonna was back, in a little bit of a way. She just had a swagger again, especially during God Control.

And then she mentions not having peripheral vision on one side.

She must have hurt herself either in a performance or a rehearsal :Madonna008:

Madame X...

...Is a really bad idea in retrospect, isn't she? :Madonna008:

@eXtremeOccidentI think you are on to something. I had never thought it could have been the eye patch that caused her injuries. It makes sense if this was the case. I really hope the tour DVD will explain more about everything that happened to her behind the scenes. 

9 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Didn’t she hurt herself in the tour rehearsals?

That's the consensus. 

And I don't believe the eye patch had anything to do with it.  Someone such as Madonna who is known to be extremely active would succumb to this eventually. Most dancers who continue into their later years, do suffer from knee and other feet/leg related injuries. 

In Madonna's case, we know she's stubborn and she probably pushed it too far. Rather admit defeat she carried on.  I've said this in various other topics on the issue, but it obviously was a pain that came and gone to various degrees day to day and throughout the day.  I'm sure the more she agitated it, the more it became a problem.  At the same time, sitting home and just relaxing isn't going to heal it.  It can certainly help to some degree, but in the end it comes down to treating it whether it's some medical procedure or therapy.  I'm sure it comes down to how severe it is.

Also, it's not uncommon for people in Madonna's age bracket suffer wear and tear on their body.  And being she is extremely active, I'm sure it doesn't help her situation.

I'm pretty sure it was more that she had basically done no dancing/training for four years, then jumped back on stage with a heavy schedule. You can do those sorts of things in your 20's, not in your 60's. Injuries are bound to happen. 

Why on earth she risked further injury by continuing to perform is beyond me. 

Gwen Verdon performed in a show called Redhead in 1959 when she was 34, she did the national tour which ended in early 1960, then semi retired and had a child in 1963. She returned to the stage in 1966 for Sweet Charity at age 41, but she had not been dancing for 6 years.

While she managed to get some of her fluidity back, she was nowhere near the dancer she had once been (Still better than most dancers half her age at the time) However she was run ragged each night with Bob Fosse's choreography and was injury prone. She would cut songs and miss shows. She pretty much retired again, only to return 10 years later in Chicago, though Fosse gave all the heavy dancing to Chita Rivera. 

Point is, a dancer needs to stay with it, the older you get the more necessary it is. Madonna can be stubborn and thinks she is a superwoman. If she is going to tour again, she needs to work now to make sure this won't happen again, or simply not dance on stage anymore.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

There is no conspiracy theory. She's aging and her body is slowing down naturally.:confused:

Exactly. It’s just life, and I hope she realises this herself and takes the choreography down a few notches if there’s another tour. 

11 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

There is no conspiracy theory. She's aging and her body is slowing down naturally.:confused:

So many fans forget she's 61. 

She hasn't done a really impressive physical dance routine since 2012. We all love her, but it surprises me how many fans are suddenly shocked to see she's a lot clunkier than she was. Even if she's still performing in another five years, do you guys not understand that she will be slower and clunkier still? It's nature it happens. The only exception I can think of is Tina Turner who moved just as brilliantly at 69 on tour as she did at 40.... and that's because her style was never all that physical.

Be grateful for what we had. 
Madonna physically nailed it for a solid 30 years.

I agree the eyepatch was part of the problem as it's normal to move cautiously, or at least with trepidation, when you can't see where you're going.

This move was cut after I saw the show in NY. Chicago 10/21 and Philly 12/8 each didn't have this choreography during Vogue. 

Honestly, Vogue was not a high point for me this time. The choreography to me was too much and not enough. It was nice to hear her sing it live though. 

Someone I know who works at The Palladium said that he was talking to someone in production who actually said it was her hip that was the problem. That was she really needs a hip replacement but they’re saying it’s a knee injury because it seems less “old” and more like a dancers injury.