Doc or straight performance tour?

MarXus

Doc or straight performance tour?  

78 members voted

1. 1. Would you want a documentary of the tour or just a straight performance tour?

• Documentary
    • Performance Tour only

mdotcom_news1561332915157971334115830771

While I think most will agree we are hoping for Madame X Tour film not to be riddled with a lot of fancy, dizzy visual and vocal effects, but I've noticed that a lot of Madonna fans have expressed interest in a Documentary for this tour as well as just a straight off performance tour?  Possibly, we'll get something of both if there are extras on the DVD that may explore a little behind the scenes, but which do you prefer?   

Me personally, I rather have just the performance tour.  I won't mind a documentary of the show, but as long as it doesn't mean it will edit out some of the performances.  I want the full show.  I suspect most feel the same way. 

8 minutes ago, RebelHeart said:

Don't give her ideas... if we had full videos of the tour that would be ok but not having them I just want to enjoy the concert, not a doc with some performances.

No one has to give her the idea.  I'm sure the idea already was consindered.  Also, I think many would agree, if any tour did deserve a documentary, it would have been Madame X.  I'm sure with all the drama surrounding it, it would make for a good Doc. 

Certainly I agree. I want the full concert!  I just wouldn't want to sacrifice the performances if the Doc was going to only feature some of the show. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Performance Tour Only. We’ve already had a documentary for “Madame X” and I saw a cut-down show, so I’d prefer a full professional recording of the show from start to finish. 

I'm kind of in the middle. I do want some kind of doc (dvd extras or something) to tell us a more complete story of what was going on behind the scenes, but so many people didn't get to see this tour because of cancellations, her performing a shortened version, and the no phone policy (I was lucky to attend one of the first shows so I got the full thing), so I think it's important that she release the full show for her fans that weren't able to see it.

Is it too much to ask for both? After all, that's all we will get for many years.

DVD1: Full performance.

DVD2: Backstage documentary, including rehearsals, behind the scenes, other performances, special events.

But if I have to choose, I want the full performance.

Imagine not having any complete RIT video and just IMGTTYAS  :nope:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, Enrico said:

Is it too much to ask for both? After all, that's all we will get for many years.

DVD2: Backstage documentary, including rehearsals, behind the scenes, other performances, special events.

I’d love both as well, but I couldn’t see it happening so I just said full tour performance. And yes, it really would be blasphemous if we had no BAT or RIT video :eyesroll:

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’d love both as well, but I couldn’t see it happening so I just said full tour performance. And yes, it really would be blasphemous if we had no BAT or RIT video :eyesroll:

We know her team had someone filming various backstage antics, but I am not sure if it was done professionally. Not sure if that matters since many mobile devices can film some pretty great stuff. I don't believe she'll be interested in explaining what went on beyond her preparing for the shows.  She may be better off just giving a full length concert, and keep it upbeat as possible.  I really am not interested in her explaining why dates got cancelled and/or rescheduled.  Just give us the show and be done with it.  No need to rehash the negatives.

I think she will focus on the political message of the show and release it on Netflix just before the 2020 elections.

I think a documentary detailing her injuries would distract from the original purpose of her work so I don’t think she’ll want to do that. Perhaps we may get that as an extra though on a physical release.

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

We had five years with just IGTTYAS lol

If any tour needed a doc, it was MDNA. With how she got a lot of flack and backlash in various countries from the nipple flash, Marine Le Pen, Russia, Pussy Riot and other things, that definitely would have been great to have been documented to see how she handled that, also the backstage footage of her father and Joan coming to the show, her putting the tour together and other things. I just felt that one warranted more juicy moments and controversy similar to Truth or Dare over RHT and MXT. Though, I am glad we got the full tour no matter the criticisms over the final product.

For Madame X, the tour definitely since a lot of us weren't able to attend due to distance, finances etc and it would be nice to experience the show since it'll be one of her most infamous shows due to the drama and cancellations, no phones etc. I would say just attach the "World of Madame X" documentary as a companion piece/bonus feature.