Create a Farewell Tour

felipe929

I've been inspired by all the Dream Tour threads.

Suppose Madonna's career came to a point where she wanted to say one last goodbye to touring, in a massive World Tour kind of way.

What would be the setlist? Would you stick with greatest hits or go to another road??

Loving you creativity in the forums! Show me some love!

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Interesting. I suppose the idea of a farewell tour is very legacy artist reminiscent, but there are so many different ways of looking at it. She hasn’t renewed her Live Nation contract, and we’ve heard nothing about a new contract, and we saw how exhausting the Madame X Tour was for her, so perhaps she may not be touring as much in the future. If that is the case, I don’t see the harm in doing a tour and labelling it as “your last chance to see her” or something like that. It’d fill the stadiums and/or arenas, and if she’s thinking of touring less then I don’t see the harm in breaking a few more records one last time :laughing:

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Interesting. I suppose the idea of a farewell tour is very legacy artist reminiscent, but there are so many different ways of looking at it. She hasn’t renewed her Live Nation contract, and we’ve heard nothing about a new contract, and we saw how exhausting the Madame X Tour was for her, so perhaps she may not be touring as much in the future. If that is the case, I don’t see the harm in doing a tour and labelling it as “your last chance to see her” or something like that. It’d fill the stadiums and/or arenas, and if she’s thinking of touring less then I don’t see the harm in breaking a few more records one last time :laughing:

I have a feeling from this point on, everything will be contracted album/tour by album/tour.  We are probably never going to hear anything again about her contract deals because they won't be significant to mention since they won't be an outrageous deal as in the past.  Also, I don't think any record or touring industry are investing in long term contracts with many people these days.  After all, do you really hear about anyone else's record/touring deals that you follow?  Probably not!  I imagine if we would hear of any deals it would be deals cut with younger artists like Taylor Swift, etc., who are currently at their prime. Madonna we won't.  

I can't think in how to organize the songs like she does, but I'd like it to have these songs:

Borderline

Lucky Star

Like A Virgin

Material Girl

True Blue

Open Your Heart

La Isla Bonita

Like A Prayer

Express Yourself

Oh Father

Vogue

Justify My Love

Erotica

Fever

Rain

Bad Girl

Waiting

Secret

Take A Bow

Drowned World

The Power of Goodbye

Nothing Really Matters

Music

What It Feels Like For A Girl

Paradise

Hollywood

Love Profusion

Nothing Fails

Intervention

Hung Up

Sorry

Falling Free

Ghosttown

Wash All Over Me

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, MarXus said:

I have a feeling from this point on, everything will be contracted album/tour by album/tour.  We are probably never going to hear anything again about her contract deals because they won't be significant to mention since they won't be an outrageous deal as in the past.  Also, I don't think any record or touring industry are investing in long term contracts with many people these days.  After all, do you really hear about anyone else's record/touring deals that you follow?  Probably not!  I imagine if we would hear of any deals it would be deals cut with younger artists like Taylor Swift, etc., who are currently at their prime. Madonna we won't.  

Good point. She probably won’t want to be tied down like that again so she probably will go album/tour by album/tour. I look forward to future albums, and I just hope that she has at least one more big tour left in her! 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Good point. She probably won’t want to be tied down like that again so she probably will go album/tour by album/tour. I look forward to future albums, and I just hope that she has at least one more big tour left in her! 

I can't imagine her not touring unless her injuries or health are at risk. I hate to think that she could have permanent injuries that might keep her from ever touring again.  But I refuse to be pessimistic about it and hope for the best.  Touring is still her money maker.  Releasing an album isn't going to cut it anymore.  And if she doesn't tour, the album would have to be tied to something huge that will be commercial and make money for her.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
9 hours ago, MarXus said:

I can't imagine her not touring unless her injuries or health are at risk. I hate to think that she could have permanent injuries that might keep her from ever touring again.  But I refuse to be pessimistic about it and hope for the best.  Touring is still her money maker.  Releasing an album isn't going to cut it anymore.  And if she doesn't tour, the album would have to be tied to something huge that will be commercial and make money for her.

It definitely does bring in the money. Hopefully she just needs time to rest and recover and won’t have done any serious damage. If she does another arena tour then I imagine it’ll be in a similar vein to the Re-Invention World Tour with the set list relying more on greatest hits with some new material, and less choreography.