I Fucked Up and Best Friend

Fabiolous

So I always thought these two songs were written for Guy and I find them among the best tracks on MDNA because they aren't just party bangers but they actually reflect how she felt at the time. 

But recently I saw a guy claim these songs were written for Jesus Luz and while at first I thought this was stupid, I have actually started to wonder. Love Spent, Gang Bang and I don't give A don't show any regret or self blaming when addressing her divorce, however I fucked up and Best friend are very melancholic, with I fucked up pretty much saying it's all Madonna's fault. 

So maybe they were written for different people? 

2 hours ago, I don't search I find said:

So I always thought these two songs were written for Guy and I find them among the best tracks on MDNA because they aren't just party bangers but they actually reflect how she felt at the time. 

But recently I saw a guy claim these songs were written for Jesus Luz and while at first I thought this was stupid, I have actually started to wonder. Love Spent, Gang Bang and I don't give A don't show any regret or self blaming when addressing her divorce, however I fucked up and Best friend are very melancholic, with I fucked up pretty much saying it's all Madonna's fault. 

no c'mon they are obviously for Guy

she doesn't even rember who is Jesus (SP) Luz :Madonna009:

You're right to reassess.  People like to think they are all about Guy R, but the fact is and she's even stated it, that a lot of her lyrics stem from experiences that happen long ago.  So while some might see something in the lyric content that might seem to fit a certain person in her life, doesn't mean it is. 

We do know that Miles Away was definitely about Guy since Madonna admitted that in concert.

2 hours ago, I don't search I find said:

Well.. it wasn't obviously written for sean penn ?

I think these two songs show a different side of her attitude towards the divorce.

After all it was an 8-year marriage. Besides 'no regret' songs like Gang Bang/I Don't Give A, there's gotta be some melancholic moments like Best Friend/I Fucked Up.

Maybe that's why in the tour she used Best Friend as an interlude right after I Don't Give A.

Jesus being that hot doesn't come instantly across as an intellectual talking about the universal law (was his English even that good?) but who knows, we can never judge by the cover :thinker: However we should be talking more about the cute things and songs Madonna does and not just to judge them, so I appreciate this thread. MDNA is pretty much an electronic extravaganza but it gets so cute and vulnerable so often. I think that Madonna could be aggressive and sarcastic about the man who wasn't her husband any more but still she was a woman who lost a man, a companion who made her life happier and a little easier. I think it's admirable how specific these songs are, something she doesn't often do.

4 hours ago, PatrickSamuel said:

The only two songs I liked on that awful album. Could've done with better production and vocals. Wouldn't be surprised if her writing input was minimal. She wasn't 100% with this album. 

I still think it's a way better album than Madame X, but nowhere near as good as Rebel Heart or Hard Candy.