Madonna myths, stories and more

EgoRod

I remember being in Asbury Park years ago, not far from Shep Pettibone's club Paradise. And someone telling me that Madonna's song ('Paradise') was a reference to the club and their relationship ending in no great terms. The whole thing never really add up to me.

What stories you heard or you actually know as facts connected to Madonna songs that are not commonly known?

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I always hear about that rumour that “She’s Not Me” is in fact about Stuart Price‘s wife and her former manager. I hope that it isn’t true because I’d hate to think her and Stuart ended on bad terms and won’t work together again! 

14 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I always hear about that rumour that “She’s Not Me” is in fact about Stuart Price‘s wife and her former manager. I hope that it isn’t true because I’d hate to think her and Stuart ended on bad terms and won’t work together again! 

I did hear that one too.

https://forum.popjustice.com/threads/general-madonna-discussion.11104/page-1459

Edited by Ego Rodriguez (see edit history)

56 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Now I understand why Madonna has never sung more Confessions on a Dance Floor songs anymore.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
50 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Now I understand why Madonna has never sung more Confessions on a Dance Floor songs anymore.

I need her to perform Hung Up, Get Together and Sorry again one day :Madonna041:

I think the obvious one among Madonna fans, but they keep still insisting it's her is Madonna singing on Ozzy Osbourne's  "Crazy Train".  

Another insisted myth is that she didn't sing "Laugh to Keep From Crying".  Granted, her vocals sound quite different than most of her earlier songs, but any fan can tell it's her.  However some still insist it's not her. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
17 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

As far I know:

-Yokohama

-Houston

-Detroit 

-Boston

-New Jersey 

-Sweden 

-Paris

-Barcelona 

-Nice

Yokohama was definitely filmed in its entirety. David Fincher also shot the Japan shows but footage of that is yet to surface. Houston footage is awful, I remember how devastated I was when I bought a bootleg DVD thinking it was the Yokohama show and it was a terrible Houston recording. Nice and Barcelona are probably the best we have, and getting the full Paris show (if it exists) is my number one Madonna dream! 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
24 minutes ago, Ego Rodriguez said:

I discovered much later that Prince played  guitar in Like a Prayer. Not just on the solo part of the single but also on Keep it Together and more obvious Act of Contriction. That song is really Prince.

I always wonder what that “Royalty Tour” Guy O suggested would have looked like. They’re two of the biggest icons in the world so that really could have gone down in history. 

4 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

That means Madonna slept around with Stuart..

but on Sticky.., “fuck you if you think I cheated”

3 hours ago, Ekans said:

11 abortions. :drama:

OMG!  So true!  The rumors she had many abortions in the 80's and early 90's.  Totally ridiculous.  I would doubt she would have had two biological children herself if she had so many abortions. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Thank goodness she clocked that reporter.

I still can’t believe she had the nerve to even ask that question. It’s sad how they could get away with asking her anything post-Erotica.