Madame X Revenge: Quarantine Diaries

nito84bcn

12 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I looove that video ! She's just singing and dancing care free, freestyle. No choregraphers, no hairdresser, she's not thinking too much about what she's doing and the result is amazing. The way she's moving ? Pure Madonna. 

Ps; is it normal that i love her little song on that video ? Of course the lyrics are for fun but the melody (like an updated Vogue) and the way she sings ! 

And good voice too! 

5 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I seriously thought she was having an ultrasound for a second :laughing:

She may be. It's commonly used for physical therapy. I had extensive ultrasound use when I was recovering from a stress fracture in my forearm. 

Agreed re: the prescription pills -- Noticed those in the Vogue video and thought that was a little odd.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, eXtremeOccident said:

She may be. It's commonly used for physical therapy. I had extensive ultrasound use when I was recovering from a stress fracture in my forearm. 

Agreed re: the prescription pills -- Noticed those in the Vogue video and thought that was a little odd.

My apologies, when I said ultrasound I was referring to a pregnancy ultrasound :Madonna031:

1 hour ago, nito84bcn said:

It's so true. We're all on the same playing field. No matter who we are or where we live etc, we're all humans and we're all one trying to get through this. It's also a true test of humanity, thinking about others, and being there for one another. We need each other to survive this.  If you're being mean spirited and only thinking of yourself, you aren't getting it. 

On 3/21/2020 at 10:05 AM, Lucas B. said:

For god's sake no, I hope she forget MX existed and bring us a really good tea (a.k.a. pop album) in her next era.

MX even tho it has some good songs it's a complete disaster as a full album, I guess I heard it 2 or 3 times in it's entirety. 

That's literally just your opinion though. I personally think it's one of her best:Madonna030: 

I think madame X needs a reality check... No this virus does not make us all equal, in these times it matters greatly if you're rich or poor, even more if you're young or old, the elderly are dying while the 20something are doing yoga in the parks because the virus hardly affects them! The poor don't have the luxury of having staff taking care of our children, groceries, or filming you for instagram. The poor need to take the risk of getting sick going out to get in line for basic needs, at the same time worying, not only about their health but also about their own future. So many people have lost their jobs. Governments (some) are doing their best, healthcare is trying even harder, I expect Madonna to do the same, but instead we get Madame X musing about the deeper meaning beneath all of it as if she were in a Parisian speakeasy during the 60's. There is a time for that sure, now is not that time. Now is the time to help, give money or supplies, help spreading factual information so people are informed and stay inside, let people forget about their worries for a minute and entertain them. Madonna always goes on on how important art is, how it can lift your spirits, how it can advocate for change. Well look around, everywhere there are artists, theatre groups, festivals, museums, they all share content, make new works, give away music, record plays, complete opera's are being offered for free to watch online, all to help people from going insane.This would be the time her art could really make a change for a lot of her fans. I really loved Madame X the record, the alter ego is something else though, in any case she's not the same woman who during RebelHeart gave tribute to the victims of Bataclan. We need empathy, solidarity and altruism, not self pitty! End of rant ;-) Next time more positive vibes x

1 hour ago, Pretender1978 said:

I think madame X needs a reality check... No this virus does not make us all equal, in these times it matters greatly if you're rich or poor, even more if you're young or old, the elderly are dying while the 20something are doing yoga in the parks because the virus hardly affects them! The poor don't have the luxury of having staff taking care of our children, groceries, or filming you for instagram. The poor need to take the risk of getting sick going out to get in line for basic needs, at the same time worying, not only about their health but also about their own future. So many people have lost their jobs. Governments (some) are doing their best, healthcare is trying even harder, I expect Madonna to do the same, but instead we get Madame X musing about the deeper meaning beneath all of it as if she were in a Parisian speakeasy during the 60's. There is a time for that sure, now is not that time. Now is the time to help, give money or supplies, help spreading factual information so people are informed and stay inside, let people forget about their worries for a minute and entertain them. Madonna always goes on on how important art is, how it can lift your spirits, how it can advocate for change. Well look around, everywhere there are artists, theatre groups, festivals, museums, they all share content, make new works, give away music, record plays, complete opera's are being offered for free to watch online, all to help people from going insane.This would be the time her art could really make a change for a lot of her fans. I really loved Madame X the record, the alter ego is something else though, in any case she's not the same woman who during RebelHeart gave tribute to the victims of Bataclan. We need empathy, solidarity and altruism, not self pitty! End of rant ;-) Next time more positive vibes x

I agree! 
She's still surrounded by assistants, at her big house etc. It's not her fault, but you can't compare her quarantine with the ones that we are dealing every day. Some people have only their rented room and they have to be there for a fucking month or more. 
As you said, other artists with less money but more imagination, are using this time to create new music, doing live acoustic concerts, researching and asking for donations, etc. 

If she doesn't want to create new music it will be really cool, if she sits with the camera and starts to talk about her memories, her career, the way she recorded a song back in the day, what the albums mean for hear, how was she feeling during the Madame X Tour... a lot of possibilities to talk about her legacy, memories, etc. 

45 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

I agree! 
She's still surrounded by assistants, at her big house etc. It's not her fault, but you can't compare her quarantine with the ones that we are dealing every day. Some people have only their rented room and they have to be there for a fucking month or more. 
As you said, other artists with less money but more imagination, are using this time to create new music, doing live acoustic concerts, researching and asking for donations, etc. 

If she doesn't want to create new music it will be really cool, if she sits with the camera and starts to talk about her memories, her career, the way she recorded a song back in the day, what the albums mean for hear, how was she feeling during the Madame X Tour... a lot of possibilities to talk about her legacy, memories, etc. 

She should have self isolated in the archives... just saying... surrounded by tapes... the tapes... all the tapes...

21 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

Oh here it is...I'm gonna go on my own rant. I love what she says here because it is true. The virus doesn't care who you are or what others or you yourself have made you out to be. It only cares that you are human and it can live inside of you. 

Humans create differences and feel they can control everything. Humans also created money. To form an opinion on one's existence as a human based on how little or how much money they have is wrong. 

I can relate to what she is saying because I have always loved that about weather. It doesn't discriminate. Of course I do not love the the destruction it causes but I understand what she is saying about what's horrible is also what is great. 

I am so sick of the talk of money interferring with communication, knowledge, compassion, empathy, thoughts....My rant is about money so I will end it here. 

Regards to Madonna I can't imagine how anyone could have a problem with what she is saying here. I saw her trending on twitter and was like "Oh no, what did she say that was misinterpreted now?" It's not really what she said that bothered people on twitter but who said it."

What she said is fact. 

2 hours ago, nito84bcn said:

What were the new words? “Come on, Vogue – I mean go. Let’s go eat some fried fish, fried fish! Cos there’s no more pasta, oh no!”

??

I didn’t realise just how ridiculous this was until I actually read the words ? That’s a hilarious take on the MX Quarantine Files, or whatever they’re called ?

PS: I preferred them in black and white. Has she been playing around with that colourising app...? ?

19 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

^ This

It's like those celebs crying about how much of a struggle it is because they're stuck in their fully stocked 12 bedroom, 8 bathroom mansions which having only their private movie theaters, infinity pools, tennis / basketball courts / fully equipped home gyms, and in-door spas for the next 2 weeks as they speak to us via marble enshrined bathrooms while getting luxury spa treatments from a staff of 5 about how this is a hard time for them and they're just like us.

Meanwhile, a good chunk of Americans are laid off of work temporarily so no income while still having to pay rent, car payment and buy groceries, small businesses have to figure out how to make ends meet while having mortgage and loan payments due, senior unable to go grocery shopping or see their families, and everyone has to be nervous about if they get sick how are they pay for medical treatment while being out of work. Plus there are the medical workers and doctors working around the clock to treat everyone during this crisis.