The Brilliance of 'Rescue Me'

Arckangel

Rescue me is one of her best lyrics, so poetic. Musically is very good but the backing track is too similar to Vogue and the whispered lyrics sounds too much like Justify my love. But I find it very elegant. On the other hand I think there's TOO MUCH in this song, a bit overproduced, with too many bridges, like many songs in one. Then you have the sound of thunders and a heartbeat... too much, on the verge of kitsch. But I really love this song, very much. Anyway I would have shortened a bit, or edited some parts.

I much prefer the Houseboat Vocal, IMO one of her best remixes and ahead of its time.

Its a classic, at the time for us that were around it fitted the time and sooo exciting!!!!!! 

Ive spoken to younger fans that dot rate it, I get that..it was a piece of History and an OMG moment for us (also the amazing remixes). 

OK Deee Lite issue maybe held it back I dont know if that kept M away a little Lady miss Kier was kind and loved M also in the notes of their albums they gave permission to sample,, lyric wise? I dont know. Its nt THAT much in the song t complain about, look at Justify!!)  Kier just smiled about it. Lord knows she couldve done with credits money when she took and lost everything she had to Sony in court later. RIP Deee Lite. :luv:

Rescue me (to me and I guess many of you) Is a pure bop, A-Z Madonna perfection. Yes better than Causing a commotion which everyone adores with no complaints.  Of course many know it very well as @Blue Jean said..Almost the whole planet have got an Immaculate collection somewhere still at home its a mustc staple and one of the greatest charting albums ever in UK History. God knows how many times it just jumps back in the charts.