Kylie & Madonna - Alone Again

Velvet Rope

I keep thinking about this song and why the full song (both Kylie and Madonna's versions) have never seen the light of day. Kylie's version partially saw the light of day in the White Diamond documentary chronicling her Showgirl: Homecoming Tour but the full song has never leaked. Madonna's version is nonexistent period with no snippets or anything coming out. Why is this? Will it ever leak? If both versions leak I'd be intrigued to hear them in full. It'd be especially interesting if someone combined both versions into a duet.

Fan made full version of Kylie's rendition for those unfamiliar:

12 hours ago, MarXus said:

I never got the fascination for Kylie.  She's okay.  I loved her first album when I was a kid, and there were a couple songs in 2000 I loved, but that's it.  But I hear she's almost as popular if not more in Australia.

She’s undeniably talented, it seems that her tabloid and TV presence early on really worked to her advantage and endeared her to an audience that has just stuck with her regardless of what she does. Just looking at the stars on Neighbours for instance you can see it must have been a hugely popular show. I don’t have one album I can say as “the” Kylie album I consider her a singles artist but she has made some really stellar pop music and is kinda on her own level, definitely an international star it’s so interesting she just never really landed in the US. It’s hard to imagine pop music without her she’s been so constant.

17 hours ago, MarXus said:

I never got the fascination for Kylie.  She's okay.  I loved her first album when I was a kid, and there were a couple songs in 2000 I loved, but that's it.  But I hear she's almost as popular if not more in Australia.

She's like Kate Bush in a mad way.
Some people fell in LOve with her and for them she can do no wrong.

6 hours ago, professormouse said:

She's like Kate Bush in a mad way.
Some people fell in LOve with her and for them she can do no wrong.

I don't see the comparisons between the two, but I do know Kate Bush is far more talented and artistic. Kylie is a huge pop artist. I never was able to get past her second album.  Then she got popular in the U.S. with "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and while it's a good song, I liked a couple other follow up singles better. But again, it's just pure pop fun, nothing too artistic.

55 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I don't see the comparisons between the two, but I do know Kate Bush is far more talented and artistic. Kylie is a huge pop artist. I never was able to get past her second album.  Then she got popular in the U.S. with "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and while it's a good song, I liked a couple other follow up singles better. But again, it's just pure pop fun, nothing too artistic.

For me, my favorite albums from hers are definitely KM (94) and Impossible Princess. Everything post Light Years feels like the same record in a way, though I do like Kylie a lot.

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

They are NOTHING like each other, you miss the point.
YOU can't understand why anyone could LOVE Kylie Minogue but there's plenty do.
The same thing could be said about any pop star, Comprende ?

38 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

For me, my favorite albums from hers are definitely KM (94) and Impossible Princess. Everything post Light Years feels like the same record in a way, though I do like Kylie a lot.

I do agree there.  Though, her "Golden" album seemed a bit different than the rest.   I remember being a fan of her first album and then excited to buy her follow ups and was very disappointed. Though, I do love her cover of "Tears On My Pillow".

6 hours ago, MarXus said:

For me Kylie represents pop in the best way. Dazzling girl, light voice, perfect pop jams, little fluctuations and crossovers with other genres, big gay fanbase. Kylie is pop. I think probably only Britney has been that consistent with pop. The other girls have been through so many other artistic and dramatic phases and also genres. They've also raised families, something that made music somewhat of a second priority to many of them.