Madonna songs you avoid

Blue Prince

So I'm bored and this is my second topic :eyes: We all have songs that we avoid because they're just bad. But right now I am wondering if you have any Madonna songs that you avoid because they are so precious that you fear wearing them out or they are associated with some bad or peculiar memories that come back each time you listen to them. For me such a precious song is This Used To Be My Playground because I was in my teens when I first listened to it and too afraid to grow and leave the safety of my home. I get emotional when I listen to it and do so rarely. Another one would be Sorry, which I used to send to a friend I had, whom I secretly liked in a different way, everytime we fought for unimportant reasons. The song reminds me of that sexual tension and made me cringe for years before going back on my constant rotation. So do you have any? :heart:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Right now I’m trying to avoid the Bedtime Stories album because I keep listening to it and I really don’t want to wear it out. 

Autotune Baby.

The Baby squarking at the start is horrendous and it doesn’t get much better from there. Just a really shit song.

I also do not like Superstar. The song is cheesy and the lyrics are crap.

The song she did with Maluma on his album is also terrible as is Funana. Just very bad all round.

Pretty much all other Madonna songs that have been officially released I like.

I'm only avoid songs associated with very bad things. For example, I couldn't play "Love Profusion" (and the "American Life" album by extension) during years because my ex-boyfriend left me when the single was premiered. Now I can listen "Love Profusion" but the song still remembers me the pain. 

Yes, Madonna is the soundtrack of my life, so I have many songs associated with bad things in my life.

37 minutes ago, confessed said:

S.E.X. 

Never listened to it and never will

Autotune Baby, Voices, Superstar too

all of these :tongue:

I avoid Spanish lesson and half of MDNA

edit--oohh ok so the ones we don't want to wear out! That'll be full albums like Bedtime stories and Madonna (FirstA)

46 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I'm only avoid songs associated with very bad things. For example, I couldn't play "Love Profusion" (and the "American Life" album by extension) during years because my ex-boyfriend left me when the single was premiered. Now I can listen "Love Profusion" but the song still remembers me the pain. 

Yes, Madonna is the soundtrack of my life, so I have many songs associated with bad things in my life.

I try not to associate Madonna's song with bad things although she's the soundtrack of my life, too.

I don't want to wear out Bedtime Stories, ROL and COADF. Every time I listen to them I go back to the time I first discovered those albums :luv:

The only one I ALWAYS skip is Candy Perfume Girl.

But Bitch I'm Loca is definitely second!

Third is Runaway Lover.

(Then of course the ones that many mentioned: Spanish Lesson, B-day Song...)

EDIT. I shouldnt have replied before reading the full post by @Blue Princeasking which songs we avoid not because we hate them but because they have some disturbing link with our past.

I think songs help you face the past, so I don't find any...

I will then put it this way: I avoid the ones I mentioned because I don't want to find out that I hate Madonna's music :tongue:

Anymore, I spread out listening to Madonna.  I don't listen to her day after day after day.  But of course, it changes from time to time.  And when something new is released, I listen to it a lot.  I can't really think of any M song I avoid.  I used to avoid certain album songs like "Did You Do It", "Secret Garden", "To Have And Not To Hold".  That's because I didn't like them very well.  I used to skip "Borderline" a lot when I was younger as I never liked that song.  Now I love it.  It's weird how some songs connect with you much later.  Though, I don't put too much personal connection/emotion to her songs.  I just enjoy them for what they are.