Come on! Vogue: 30 Year Anniversary

MarXus

Which is your favorite official Vogue mix and tour Performance?   

81 members voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite official Vogue mix?

• Single Version
    • 12 Inch Version
    • Bette Davis Dub
    • Strike A Pose Dub
    • Album Version
    • Immaculate Collection Version
  2. 2. Which is your favorite Vogue Performance?

• 1990 Blond Ambition Tour
    • 1990 MTV Video Music Awards
    • 1993 The Girlie Show
    • 2004 Re-Invention Tour
    • 2008-9 Sticky & Sweet Tour
    • 2012 Super Bowl Show
    • 2012 MDNA Tour
    • 2019 World Pride
    • 2019-20 Madame X Tour

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

I personally won't be excited about this DULL Vogue celebration unless this is leading to them posting the MADAME X TOUR PERFORMANCE of Vogue or at least the PRIDE one.

In Italy we say MINESTRA RISCALDATA. What's the point of eating the same old re-heated soup? 

89e1.gif

Party Pooper!!  

LOL!

19 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I voted for album version for me. I do love the mixes and the single version with the "Woo!"

Favorite performance is definitely RIT!

I never notice those subtle distances until some fans point them out.

5 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Yeah, aside from a different intro, the "Woo!" is the major difference from other versions.

When I first made the poll, I didn't even think to add the IC as a different version. I had forgotten.  Only us hardcore fans notices these things.  I'm sure most people in the general public didn't know there was a difference (just like many of her single/edits/album versions).

2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

When I first made the poll, I didn't even think to add the IC as a different version. I had forgotten.  Only us hardcore fans notices these things.  I'm sure most people in the general public didn't know there was a difference (just like many of her single/edits/album versions).

Radio mixes have slight changes. I remember LAP here would alternate from the IC version to a slightly tweaked album version. Same with Rain. Vogue is obvious due it being an upbeat intro versus the buildup with the finger snap of most versions. Others are Hung Up ending with the ABBA sample fade out, Miles Away with the fade out randomly, 4 Minutes with the clock tick intro. Several differences but fun to hear them!

21 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Radio mixes have slight changes. I remember LAP here would alternate from the IC version to a slightly tweaked album version. Same with Rain. Vogue is obvious due it being an upbeat intro versus the buildup with the finger snap of most versions. Others are Hung Up ending with the ABBA sample fade out, Miles Away with the fade out randomly, 4 Minutes with the clock tick intro. Several differences but fun to hear them!

Yes.  I don't listen to radio much, but it's interesting to hear the version they play. Usually it's a shorter version. But it depends on the song too.

Last year, my boyfriend was hired directly from Madonna's team and Live Nation, to coreograph Vogue at the press announcement of Madame X at the Paladium in London. It was an amazing experience and from what we heard, Madonna's team were happy with the coreography (they asked to perform it for a second time too). There was a rumour that Madonna would come, but I doubted it, because it was time for Eurovision rehearsals. 2 of her managers were there.
This is the video that I recorded with my iPhone!

PD: When we knew that this was going to happen, I had to avoid forums as much as possible, because nobody knew the dates yet, and I couldn't tell them to anyone! Also we entered at the same corridors, backstage and I saw them rehearsing at the stage, where Madonna would perform months later!