So.. people believe Madonna predicted coronavirus

Régine Filange

14 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I'll chime in on this one. Particulars that I can remember off the top of my head are that whole sacrilegious last supper scene at the end of Holy Water on RHT and giving the middle finger to the cross during IDGAF in the MDNA tour

Things I've seen people write about online (now these can verge on the far fetched and just ties into conspiracy theories. I don't agree with these but these are the views of others): evil eye symbolism with the eye patch [people seem to cite several celebs doing this to mean illuminati], Super Bowl performance and its visual ties to Baphomet, playing Like a Prayer backwards says "Satan Save Us", Living for Love visual ties to Baphomet, pentagram symbolism in Human Nature, lyrics to Beautiful Stranger "you're the devil in disguise, that's why I'm singing this song to you...to know you is to love you", Justify My Love / Beast Within remix [putting the words of God next to sexual music and talking about the beast], Eurovision performance showing a red skull with devil horns in the beginning, freemasonry symbolism in Ghosttown video, freemasonry symbolism in the 1995 Take a Bow performance, freemasonry symbolism in Like a Virgin / Hollywood performance, constantly wearing all black

It's sad they believe the worst of her. If she were a devil worshipper etc, then she wouldn't have given so much of her love, time and money to Malawi, aids, adopting 4 kids, and given to other world and mankind causes, etc. She worries on the climate too. In my opinion, her art in Ghosttown, the Rebel Heart album, the Future single, etc., reflects her worries and concern on the prophesies from the Revelations as well. She also has always been intuitive and maybe even part psychic for things that might happen in the world that she herself might not understand. So, she tries to express it all in her art. That's how I've always looked at it.

14 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I'll chime in on this one. Particulars that I can remember off the top of my head are that whole sacrilegious last supper scene at the end of Holy Water on RHT and giving the middle finger to the cross during IDGAF in the MDNA tour

Things I've seen people write about online (now these can verge on the far fetched and just ties into conspiracy theories. I don't agree with these but these are the views of others): evil eye symbolism with the eye patch [people seem to cite several celebs doing this to mean illuminati], Super Bowl performance and its visual ties to Baphomet, playing Like a Prayer backwards says "Satan Save Us", Living for Love visual ties to Baphomet, pentagram symbolism in Human Nature, lyrics to Beautiful Stranger "you're the devil in disguise, that's why I'm singing this song to you...to know you is to love you", Justify My Love / Beast Within remix [putting the words of God next to sexual music and talking about the beast], Eurovision performance showing a red skull with devil horns in the beginning, freemasonry symbolism in Ghosttown video, freemasonry symbolism in the 1995 Take a Bow performance, freemasonry symbolism in Like a Virgin / Hollywood performance, constantly wearing all black

She also simulated shooting people on the MDNA tour and we all know she does not believe in that. I think Madonna expresses emotions in her art. and there was a lot of anger in MDNA. 

I also think she believes in exposing things and taking control of something as a way of taking away it's power. Like the burning crosses in Like A Prayer. That is how I interpreted that. 

Aside from genuine artistic choices I also believe she plays to her critics as well. 

She delves into the human experience like no other artist I know of and goes where few dare to tread but there is too much love and light in her discography to believe she is not ultimately spiritual. 

That is my take. You bring up some interesting things though that could inspire furthur discussion. 

38 minutes ago, LikeAMelody said:

She also simulated shooting people on the MDNA tour and we all know she does not believe in that. I think Madonna expresses emotions in her art. and there was a lot of anger in MDNA. 

I also think she believes in exposing things and taking control of something as a way of taking away it's power. Like the burning crosses in Like A Prayer. That is how I interpreted that. 

Aside from genuine artistic choices I also believe she plays to her critics as well. 

She delves into the human experience like no other artist I know of and goes where few dare to tread but there is too much love and light in her discography to believe she is not ultimately spiritual. 

That is my take. You bring up some interesting things though that could inspire furthur discussion. 

I'm actually surprised she did that.  In fact, it wasn't the first time as we all saw the video for WIFLFAG.  It's interesting because back in 1990 when she was defending her Justify My Love video on Nightline, she brought up how so many videos at the time were violent and she wasn't doing that.  I guess a girl can change her mind, and I'm not criticizing her change of mind, but I find it interesting she's been more open to bring violence into her videos and shows now.

To me it's all art and I am able to see the difference versus real life.  I never come away from a Madonna video or show and think, "Oh, I should go shoot someone" or inflict violence on someone.    

18 hours ago, MarXus said:

I'm actually surprised she did that.  In fact, it wasn't the first time as we all saw the video for WIFLFAG.  It's interesting because back in 1990 when she was defending her Justify My Love video on Nightline, she brought up how so many videos at the time were violent and she wasn't doing that.  I guess a girl can change her mind, and I'm not criticizing her change of mind, but I find it interesting she's been more open to bring violence into her videos and shows now.

To me it's all art and I am able to see the difference versus real life.  I never come away from a Madonna video or show and think, "Oh, I should go shoot someone" or inflict violence on someone.    

Yeah, Guy influenced the style of the video for "What It Feels Like For A Girl." which might have opened up that avenue. The song alone just sounds sad which is how she normally approached anger. So this video is a turning point.

I do not count Die Another Day because of the film influence which is inescapable. Live to Tell has a pretty intense scene in it although she is not involved.  Her anger in the 80's and 90's seemed to be expressed in a stubborn defiance or sadness. The only one that I can think of that is truly dominated by anger is "Thief of Hearts." "Express Yourself." for me stems from anger but she was able to turn that feeling into true empowerment and something wonderful which is why I love that song with all my heart. It's one of the reasons I love Madonna.

In "Give It 2 Me" her defiance seems combative and "Revolver" she is fighting.  MDNA has more than one really angry song but the last songs on the album are more in tune to her way of dealing with anger earlier on. In Love Spent she expresses her pain ever so bitterly but with overall sadness and Masterpiece and Falling Free feel very sad to me. 

I think she tried to recapture her talent for turning her anger into something positive with Living For Love and Iconic just to name two off of Rebel Heart. 

In Dark Ballet she is focused on other people's anger and what they have done or do but she is beautifully defiant in the song to where you feel the victum is the strong one and achieves something others can not even imagine. 

In Madame X she is again able to turn her feelings into empowering art. 

6 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

Yeah, Guy influenced the style of the video for "What It Feels Like For A Girl." which might have opened up that avenue. The song alone just sounds sad which is how she normally approached anger. So this video is a turning point.

I do not count Die Another Day because of the film influence which is inescapable. Live to Tell has a pretty intense scene in it although she is not involved.  Her anger in the 80's and 90's seemed to be expressed in a stubborn defiance or sadness. The only one that I can think of that is truly dominated by anger is "Thief of Hearts." "Express Yourself." for me stems from anger but she was able to turn that feeling into true empowerment and something wonderful which is why I love that song with all my heart. It's one of the reasons I love Madonna.

In "Give It 2 Me" her defiance seems combative and "Revolver" she is fighting.  MDNA has more than one really angry song but the last songs on the album are more in tune to her way of dealing with anger earlier on. In Love Spent she expresses her pain ever so bitterly but with overall sadness and Masterpiece and Falling Free feel very sad to me. 

I think she tried to recapture her talent for turning her anger into something positive with Living For Love and Iconic just to name two off of Rebel Heart. 

In Dark Ballet she is focused on other people's anger and what they have done or do but she is beautifully defiant in the song to where you feel the victum is the strong one and achieves something others can not even imagine. 

In Madame X she is again able to turn her feelings into empowering art. 

I think "Express Yourself" came more out of defiance rather anger.  Like A Prayer wasn't necessarily a divorce album that was full of rage and anger. She was still married while working on this album.  Obviously by then, she was having problems as we know they were going to divorce earlier the previous year, but reconciled briefly. 

Her real anger showed when she did Erotica, especially with the song like "Thief of Hearts". Yet that was peppered with a lot of sexual tones.  

With "Living for Love" again, I didn't see that as a song she was "angry" in.  Just a love empowerment song.  Not letting anything knock you down, and keep moving ahead whenever you run into any obstacles.

I loved reading what you posted though. I agree with so much of it.