Warning Signs: Has anyone really ever heard it?

chaseturtle

Nope!  It's only because Madonna mentioned she wrote/sang three songs for the soundtrack and later people were able to look up the published songs at the time, we knew it existed.  It's the same for DSS, she wrote a song of the same name as the movie. No one has heard that either. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
22 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Stephen Bray said it was “ a cool synth track” so I’m assuming it’s one of his productions - I think it’s in my top 5 of most wanted unreleased songs 

Same. I’d love to hear that along with Desperately Seeking Susan, Something’s Coming Over Me and I Will Always Have You.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

I have never heard of anyone claiming to have it though.

I wish Geffen re-released the record including it!

Who knows if they ever shot any scene with the song?

I don't think it got as far as that.  Does Geffen even have the rights to it?  I know the song was written with intention for the film, but do we know if it even got as far as it being licensed to the film or Geffen?

Edit:  Add to sort of answer my own question:

warning-signs-loc-entry-550.png

I just looked the song up and the song is registered in the Library of Congress through Warner Bros.  There is no certainty that the song was actually used in the film if even filmed, but you would think that if it ended up being cut out, it would have eventually surfaced by now.

5 hours ago, Maddyone said:

Bruce Baron was able to hear it via the library of congress. Opening intro as "I see danger up ahead", "Warning (echo), Warning (echo)". Chorus is "Warning I see danger up ahead. I can see it in your eyes, and it's really no surprise. Because, I can see your warning signs".

I wonder if that is " Angel"`s twin sister...

12 hours ago, Maddyone said:

Bruce Baron was able to hear it via the library of congress. Opening intro as "I see danger up ahead", "Warning (echo), Warning (echo)". Chorus is "Warning I see danger up ahead. I can see it in your eyes, and it's really no surprise. Because, I can see your warning signs".

I forgot that he was able to listen to it.  So envious!  One day, people!  One Day!

17 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Same. I’d love to hear that along with Desperately Seeking Susan, Something’s Coming Over Me and I Will Always Have You.

“Something’s Coming Over Me” was later re-titled “Secret” and “I Will Always Have You” was later re-titled “Inside of Me” ,do you think there's drastic differences from the early demos? Anyhow, hopefully we'll hear those 80s unreleased demos someday.

37 minutes ago, Karma said:

“Something’s Coming Over Me” was later re-titled “Secret” and “I Will Always Have You” was later re-titled “Inside of Me” ,do you think there's drastic differences from the early demos? Anyhow, hopefully we'll hear those 80s unreleased demos someday.

My thoughts as well.  And many times, I rather not hear the demo just for the fact it's not what Madonna intended us to hear.  That said, I'm there as soon as it leaks!  HA!!

Ok this is a thread tailored for me ! I've been obesessed with "Warning signs" for years ! When i was a mod on MadonnaFanzine everytime the track was mentionned people would mention my name lol. At that time, i was "virtually" close to a member who happened to be a collector, a discreet one. Long story short, he had "Warning signs". He is the one who described the song me, saying the beat is similar to Gambler and revealing the running time and other details. He said the most obvious reason the song has been discared is actually because it is too similar to Gambler. Now has the track has been performed and filmed for "Vision Quest" like "Crazy for you" and "Gambler" ? The answer is yes ! Actually "Warning signs" has been discared at the very last minute. Some "Vision Quests" adverts even mention the three new Madonna songs ! That guy is also the one who gave me the details about the second track recorded for "Desperately seeking Susan". The track shares the se title as the movie. He gave me some details as well like the running time, the electric guitar bridge and told me the best way he could describe the track to me is that it has a similar vibe to Spagna' "Easy lady".  The guy was very reliable. He shared with me the full Warning Signs lyrics before the sheets leaked on Ebay. I even posted them on the forum back in the days (with his permission of course). A few months later i've been in touch with anpther collector (also seller this time) who owned "Desperately seeking Susan" and agreed to sale it to me for 600 $. I contacted some other forum members to make a collective fund to buy the track. The seller heard about it and cancelled the sale. A few months later the music sheets of "Warning signs" have been sold on Ebay. No other news about those two tracks since then... and it's been years ago....

Oh and i forgot to mention, the guy also told me about another unreleased and unheard track, a pre fame track, that is sometimes mentionned in Madonna history and people don't really care or notice that track but it's actually a very important track... i will create a thread about it very soon and tell that secret story ?

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

Oh and i forgot to mention, the guy also told me about another unreleased and unheard track, a pre fame track, that is sometimes mentionned in Madonna history and people don't really care or notice that track but it's actually a very important track... i will create a thread about it very soon and tell that secret story ?

Can't wait for this 

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, The Ghost said:

It's mentioned in an early interview that there's 3 tracks from the film vision quest,  so i do think it must have been dropped late in the game.

Absolutely. The song has been dropped at the very last minute. Some adverts for the movie even mention 3 songs from Madonna.