Warning Signs: Has anyone really ever heard it?

chaseturtle

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

It's incredible that they haven't monetized the thing by releasing a special edition dvd with the deleted scene (or at least the full Gambler performance) and an anniversary edition of the soundtrack with the movie demos and the third song. We need to contact Geffen!!

I think the exact same way and actually i have in mind to contact Geffen for some time now.

• 1 month later...

I heard Warming Signs many years ago when we were working with Steven Bray and Aussie Eurovision singer Gina G. Bray played it to us with a few other unreleased tracks. It was an evening of nostalgic stories during one of our writing sessions. Bray is so cool... we wrote some great tracks together with Miss Gina G. Good old days in LA! 

23 hours ago, Ital said:

I heard Warming Signs many years ago when we were working with Steven Bray and Aussie Eurovision singer Gina G. Bray played it to us with a few other unreleased tracks. It was an evening of nostalgic stories during one of our writing sessions. Bray is so cool... we wrote some great tracks together with Miss Gina G. Good old days in LA! 

How was the song like?

Do you remember the other songs?

28 minutes ago, madaboutM said:

Kinda depressing to read all these in times when Mariah Carey is releasing The Rarities Collection while Madonna fans all we get is the “fried fish” remix of Vogue

Mariah is still hiding alot of tracks tho and regurgitating Bsides on The Rarities .. I suspect there will be a second installment in the future

On 7/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, Enrico said:

It's incredible that they haven't monetized the thing by releasing a special edition dvd with the deleted scene (or at least the full Gambler performance) and an anniversary edition of the soundtrack with the movie demos and the third song. We need to contact Geffen!!

I wonder if Jellybean and Rob Mounsey re-arranged it like they did it for Crazy For You and Gambler, the versions in the movie are totally different than on the record, they were produced by Phil Ramone. Since Warning Signs did not make it on the records i wonder if they took the pain to re-arrange it and that the only version in existence is the Phil Ramone version.

The release of these tracks on the Geffen distributed soundtrack caused a lot of friction between Mo Ostin the ceo of Warner Music at the time and Jon Peters the producer of Vision Quest, it almost ended in a fist fight. Ostin wanted the Warner chief (the movie was distributed by Warner to confuse people even more) to remove Madonna scenes from the movie and not release the tracks as he feared they would interfere with the success of the Like A virgin album (released just a few months prior). Ostin lost and Madonna paid the price, when her contract was renewed they put a exclusivity clause in it.

11 hours ago, Roland Barthes said:

I wonder if Jellybean and Rob Mounsey re-arranged it like they did it for Crazy For You and Gambler, the versions in the movie are totally different than on the record, they were produced by Phil Ramone. Since Warning Signs did not make it on the records i wonder if they took the pain to re-arrange it and that the only version in existence is the Phil Ramone version.

The release of these tracks on the Geffen distributed soundtrack caused a lot of friction between Mo Ostin the ceo of Warner Music at the time and Jon Peters the producer of Vision Quest, it almost ended in a fist fight. Ostin wanted the Warner chief (the movie was distributed by Warner to confuse people even more) to remove Madonna scenes from the movie and not release the tracks as he feared they would interfere with the success of the Like A virgin album (released just a few months prior). Ostin lost and Madonna paid the price, when her contract was renewed they put a exclusivity clause in it.

I remember the problems between Warner and Geffen, I only hope that after 35 years they are able to re-release it...

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

I remember the problems between Warner and Geffen, I only hope that after 35 years they are able to re-release it...

Well now it must be up to Madonna. Had Geffen promoted 3 songs ? Did an early soundtrack promo flyer/ad really mentionned 3 tracks or is it fanmade made up stuff ?

13 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Well now it must be up to Madonna. Had Geffen promoted 3 songs ? Did an early soundtrack promo flyer/ad really mentionned 3 tracks or is it fanmade made up stuff ?

Well Madonna said she recorded (and even filmed) 3 songs for the movie in at least 2 interviews.

Even here I think she mentions "faster songs" (I hear plural, but I could be wrong) although only Gambler is described:

9 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Well Madonna said she recorded (and even filmed) 3 songs for the movie in at least 2 interviews.

Even here I think she mentions "faster songs" (plural) although only Gambler is described:

Yep but she said for the movie and the CFY & Gambler versions were different in the movie than on the soundtrack so i wonder if she did a version of Warning Signs with Jellybean (like CFY & Gambler on the OST) or if there's only the Phil Ramone version in existence. Someone should ask Jellybean & Bray on social media.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:10 PM, Karma said:

“Something’s Coming Over Me” was later re-titled “Secret” and “I Will Always Have You” was later re-titled “Inside of Me” ,do you think there's drastic differences from the early demos? Anyhow, hopefully we'll hear those 80s unreleased demos someday.

Just chiming in here to say "Something's Coming Over Me" wasn't just re-titled to "Secret".

It was a completely different song in that it was a dance/house track produced by Shep Pettibone with more of a sexual tone than "Secret" ended up being. That's if my memory serves me correct.

and if I'm not mistaken "I Will Always Have You" had different lyrics, music, and vocal style from "Inside Of Me".

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

They must have also shot a performance of it for the film. I would die if that leaked. Along with all the raw footage for Gambler and Crazy for You.

Absolutely. Not only there is the song "Warning Signs" but there's also the video of her performing it in the club. It's insane it remains unleaked...

This and the full audio/video movie versions of Crazy for You and Gambler are on my top 10 most wanted items of all time...

On 9/17/2020 at 7:43 PM, Roland Barthes said:

That is an excellent question. Hmmm i wondrr too. I tend to think there is a Jellybean/Mounsey final version as the song has been dropped at the very last minute and i guess at that stage they had already mixed the "official" version of the tracks to have them ready to be put on the soundtrack album.

12 hours ago, Justifier said:

Just chiming in here to say "Something's Coming Over Me" wasn't just re-titled to "Secret".

It was a completely different song in that it was a dance/house track produced by Shep Pettibone with more of a sexual tone than "Secret" ended up being. That's if my memory serves me correct.

and if I'm not mistaken "I Will Always Have You" had different lyrics, music, and vocal style from "Inside Of Me".

Have you heard them actually?