Warning Signs: Has anyone really ever heard it?

chaseturtle

On 9/23/2020 at 2:04 AM, ENIPSE said:

No, sorry, but it's you who *believe* it is being sold.  I *know* it's not.  lol     You can have your opinion, but you can't have your facts.    The fact is : Warning Sign is NOT being traded/sold.  But other tracks which are never mentioned online, are.  

Honey, to say this trading circle isnt real would be wrong lol. And Yes, Warning Signs is out there.

• 9 months later...
On 7/16/2020 at 1:51 AM, TonyMontana said:

Absolutely. The song has been dropped at the very last minute. Some adverts for the movie even mention 3 songs from Madonna.

I read years ago, the reason it was dropped was because Geffen thought it too much for her to have three songs on the soundtrack with her not being part of the label.  although Geffen was a subsidiary of Warner like Sire.  

This is getting so ridiculous. We’re all grown ups hopefully with full lives and we’re all running in circles for some digital files that literally nobody cares about outside of this small circle. 
Yes, I would love to have Warning Signs and Desperately Seeking Susan and whatever else is outthere. But at the end of the day it will not have a noticeable impact on my life. 
If a handful of collectors want to keep these things to themselves and enjoy them privately so be it. For the rest of us there’s plenty other things we can enjoy as a community.

I remember years ago when it was a huge drama over Triggering leaking. And then it finally did and I barely listened to it since haha

I personally think unheard songs from her 80's period are pretty exciting as there was so few and her collaborative set up was so different to the stuff we had from the 90's onwards. It's entirely possible there are many more songs recorded that were submitted by other writers that there are absolutely no threads to lead us back to them. Dress You Up, Holiday, Material Girl, Like A Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart...all songs that were submissions. Surely there are more like them sitting in the vaults. It's very rare for an artist to solely record only the songs that appear on the album. Record company executives like a selection of songs to chose from when piecing an album together as do most artists. I highly doubt they were that economical. 

On 7/12/2021 at 12:04 PM, Pud said:

I read years ago, the reason it was dropped was because Geffen thought it too much for her to have three songs on the soundtrack with her not being part of the label.  although Geffen was a subsidiary of Warner like Sire.  

From my understanding it was dropped from the soundtrack / movie because it wasn't good.

19 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

This is getting so ridiculous. We’re all grown ups hopefully with full lives and we’re all running in circles for some digital files that literally nobody cares about outside of this small circle. 
Yes, I would love to have Warning Signs and Desperately Seeking Susan and whatever else is outthere. But at the end of the day it will not have a noticeable impact on my life. 
If a handful of collectors want to keep these things to themselves and enjoy them privately so be it. For the rest of us there’s plenty other things we can enjoy as a community.

I remember years ago when it was a huge drama over Triggering leaking. And then it finally did and I barely listened to it since haha

dont let it get you down. 

12 hours ago, steady75 said:

I personally think unheard songs from her 80's period are pretty exciting as there was so few and her collaborative set up was so different to the stuff we had from the 90's onwards. It's entirely possible there are many more songs recorded that were submitted by other writers that there are absolutely no threads to lead us back to them. Dress You Up, Holiday, Material Girl, Like A Virgin, Papa Don't Preach, Open Your Heart...all songs that were submissions. Surely there are more like them sitting in the vaults. It's very rare for an artist to solely record only the songs that appear on the album. Record company executives like a selection of songs to chose from when piecing an album together as do most artists. I highly doubt they were that economical. 

me too! when the first album demos leaked I was ecstatic! still listen to them! would love to hear her Virgin demos she presented to Nile.  Angel, Over and Over, Shoo Bee Doo, Pretender! 

9 minutes ago, brank000 said:

From my understanding it was dropped from the soundtrack / movie because it wasn't good.

your replying to the reason I gave for it not being on there.  all the other artists on the soundtrack were signed to Geffen records and they didn't want her to have THREE songs on that.  

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It’s actually a bit weird that she only had one song on Desperately Seeking Susan, (essentially her movie), and three songs for a film that she played a feature in when you think about it. 

yes, very.  

I remember her saying she wrote a few songs and Susan picked Into the Groove.  

12 minutes ago, steady75 said:

It’s actually a bit weird that she only had one song on Desperately Seeking Susan, (essentially her movie), and three songs for a film that she played a feature in when you think about it. 

I think we see it as Madonna's movie only in retrospect. I think it was meant to be a vehicle for Rosanna Arquette originally, she's the lead. :)

6 minutes ago, kesiak said:

I think we see it as Madonna's movie only in retrospect. I think it was meant to be a vehicle for Rosanna Arquette originally, she's the lead. :)

and remember that great quote from madonna? "Who else has a problem with the song besides Rosanna?" :lol: Rosanna threw a fit when a song was going into the movie, which she now denied recently on Andy Cohen, WWHL.  but she did, as evidenced in the 1985 Rolling Stone cover story, Madonna and Rosanna - Their New Movie's Hot!

Rolling+Stone+May+9+1985+Madonna+&+Rosan

19 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Couldn’t have said it better! So true - no one cares outside our circles that some old demo leaked lol