MarXus

Pretender  

36 members voted

1. 1. How much do you like Pretender

• Great Song!
    • It's okay!
    • Nah, not my cup of tea
    • One of her worst songs ever!

Who just adores this song as I do? I don't hear many fans talk about this song much.  It's interesting how this was used as the B-side to numerous early singles of Madonnas.  I must admit, I didn't like it in the early days. But over the years, this song has really grown on me.  My favorite part is the bridge.  I think we all had people in our lives this part can relate to:

"I'm not afraid to fall a hundred times. And I'll believe in all your silly lies. I'd like to think that I could change your mind. Don't say that I am blind. You lied, you lied, you lied, you lied. You lied, you lied, you lied, you lied. You lied, you lied, you lied, you lied You lied, you lied I know all about your kind."

5 hours ago, Inco said:

I love this song actually I really appreciate the forgotten songs of LAV: Pretender, Stay (it should've been a single) and Over And Over. The original LDLHA is superb too. I'm gonna share my Pretender remixes collection in audio section.

Totally agree about "Stay". 

1 hour ago, diegolcl said:

The brigde for me is the highlight of the song. Stephen Bray/Madonna created monsters bridges (Pretender, Can't Stop, Stay and of course Into the Groove and Causing a Commotion)

Yes!  And very songs I love the bridges in.  Causing a Commotion may have the best bridge of those you mentioned.