The Ultimate B-Side Poll!

MarXus

Favorite B-Side from each Decade?  

58 members voted

1. 1. What's your favorite B-side from 80's?

• Physical Attraction
    • Ain't No Big Deal
    • I Know It
    • Think of Me
    • Stay
    • Pretender
    • Shoo-Bee-Doo
    • White Heat
    • Jimmy Jimmy
    • Where's The Party
    • Act of Contrition
    • The Look of Love
    • Supernatural
    • Pray for Spanish Eyes
    • Till Death Do Us Part
  2. 2. What's Your Favorite B-Side from the 90's?

• More
    • Up Down Suite
    • Waiting
    • Secret Garden
    • Let Down Your Guard
    • Survival
    • Sanctuary
    • Over and Over
    • Rainbow High
    • Shanti/Ashtangi
    • Has To Be
    • Sky Fits Heaven
    • Mer Girl
    • Little Star
    • To Have Not To Hold
  3. 3. What is Your Favorite B-Side from the 2000's?

MV5BYjViYThhOTUtNmI2Ny00MjVjLWJlNTItYzU3

Posting my Pretender song post, made me wonder which B-Side is your favorite? I decided to make a poll of it.  Though, due to we're only allowed 20 choices, I broke it up in three parts.  The 80's, The 90's and 2000's.  After that, B-Sides no longer existed for the most part.  I also didn't include instrumentals, songs that were A-Sides/Singles themselves and remixes/Spanish versions.  Remarkably there are 35 songs.  Interesting enough, most of Madonna's non singles ended up being b-sides.

So after choosing which B-Side from each decade (sorta), then post your most favorite B-side of them all?

Come on! Everybody knows that Vogue is the best B-side from the 90...

80: Where's the party (Remix Edit). It's been 34 years and I still play this track like the first day.

90: Let Down Your Guard (Rough Mix Edit). "Bedtime Stories" is my less favorite era, but I love "Let Down Your Guard".

00: I love New York.

My most favorite B-Side is Where's The Party.

5 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Come on! Everybody knows that Vogue is the best B-side from the 90...

80: Where's the party (Remix Edit). It's been 34 years and I still play this track like the first day.

90: Let Down Your Guard (Rough Mix Edit). "Bedtime Stories" is my less favorite era, but I love "Let Down Your Guard".

00: I love New York.

Yes, but we're concentrating on those songs that weren't SINGLES themselves. Technically Vogue would fit in the 90's anyway.  Keep It Together was released as a single in 1990.  Nevertheless, what's your most favorite of them all? 

1 minute ago, PWCCA said:

Supernatural, Let Down Your Guard, and Nobody Knows Me

So which of the three is your most favorite?

5 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yes, but we're concentrating on those songs that weren't SINGLES themselves. Technically Vogue would fit in the 90's anyway.  Keep It Together was released as a single in 1990.  Nevertheless, what's your most favorite of them all? 

So which of the three is your most favorite?

I already realised that I had forgotten to add that. It's updated now

3 minutes ago, Andymad said:

OK so I LOVE Has To Be... I chose Over And Over though... are they not in separate eras though? I thought over and over was on Like A Virgin....

I separated them per era they were b-sides.  It was a b-side to "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" '96! 

15 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I separated them per era they were b-sides.  It was a b-side to "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" '96! 

OOOOOHHHHH! Omg that's right. So random. Also Crazy For You single using a shot from Justify My Love! VERY out of place.  And we question her choices NOW! Her entire career has been filled with questionables lol

1 hour ago, Andymad said:

OOOOOHHHHH! Omg that's right. So random. Also Crazy For You single using a shot from Justify My Love! VERY out of place.  And we question her choices NOW! Her entire career has been filled with questionables lol

Do you really think she chooses her B-sides?  I bet you that is a record company decision just like that Crazy For You re-issue you're referring to.  They definitely were using the Immaculate Collection and Justify My Love era to entice people with that cover. 

13 hours ago, MarXus said:

So which of the three do you like most? 

hmmm i really like these three in their own way HAHAHA for example, i really fell in love with spanish eyes from my first listen - it carries so much emotion, and the spanish vibe that this song has just makes it more impossible not to fall in love with.

sky fits heaven is such a powerful song, i really started liking even more after i watched drowned world tour (which is not my favorite madonna tour, gotta say this) but the sky fits heaven bit it is i think my favorite part of the whole show.

i really love the nobody knows me performance at the re invention tour, and it made me like the song even more!

2 hours ago, star guardian said:

hmmm i really like these three in their own way HAHAHA for example, i really fell in love with spanish eyes from my first listen - it carries so much emotion, and the spanish vibe that this song has just makes it more impossible not to fall in love with.

sky fits heaven is such a powerful song, i really started liking even more after i watched drowned world tour (which is not my favorite madonna tour, gotta say this) but the sky fits heaven bit it is i think my favorite part of the whole show.

i really love the nobody knows me performance at the re invention tour, and it made me like the song even more!

Ha!  So if someone pointed a gun to your head and told you to choose, which would it be?  (I know! It's quite extreme, but I'm determined to get it out of you).  :08:

31 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Let It Will Be!

Where does everyone put their BSides songs that aren’t on the album? Do you create its own single or do you keep it at the end of the album?

Great question! 

I put it with the album it originally came with.  For instance, I would put "Ain't No Big Deal" with the Madonna album, knowing that song had demos before she even got a record contract.  "Supernatural" would go with the LAP album (even though I believe it's actually a left over from the True Blue album).