GMB's Susanna Reid slams Madonna as she exclaims 'look at the state of her'

Voguerista

But, hasn't Madonna always shown her "dark roots" a little? I'm sure Madonna will be able to still have her roots colored when she's ready even if she does it herself (like I'll probably have to do).  Maybe Piers and Susanna should be worried on their "state"  (especially with their hate and meanness)? It's scary how far some will take it and how they want to be remembered... and even during a health crisis when any of us could get sick at any time an even possibly die? :sad:In the end, this time period is a true test of a persons' character and "true colors" either way. You find out who people really are or maybe who they've always been?

GMB's Susanna Reid slams Madonna as she exclaims 'look at the state of her'

Good Morning Britain host Susanna Reid mocked Madonna's dark roots during Tuesday's show after co-host Piers Morgan slammed the Queen of Pop for sharing a video of her in the bath talking about coronavirus

We will use your email address to send you newsletters. Please see ourPrivacy Noticefor more information on how we use your data and your data protection rights.

Good Morning Britain host Susanna Reid took a surprise jab at Madonna during today's show after the Dark Ballet singer shared a video of her in the bath talking about the effects Covid-19 has had on the world.

While Susanna's co-host Piers Morgan has always been vocal about his dislike for Madge, Susanna has often tried to defend the superstar.

Rounding on the Queen of Pop, Piers hit out: "I have a problem with Madonna because she is so incredibly self indulgent and annoying."

Laughing, Susanna interrupted: "So why would she be any different in self isolation."

Piers replied: "I totally agree she is exactly as annoying now as she had always been."

Susanna Reid clashes with Piers Morgan on GMB return over 'coronavirus shaming'

GMB's Piers Morgan brands Jack Grealish a 'moron' in another rant at footy ace

After Madonna's clip was played on air, Susanna couldn't help but comment on her hair.

The brunette said: "Can I just say I think a lot of people will relate to Madonna's roots.

"Because people can't get to the hair dresser and look at the state of her hair."

Taking a final jibe at the music icon, Piers said: "If you are really unlucky and you make $300 million in our extensive career this is how you end up.

"In a rose petal bath, with your roots showing balling on about the great equaliser that is the virus."

Speaking in the clip, Madonna, 61, said: "It’s something about COVID-19.

“It doesn’t matter how rich you are, how famous you are, how funny you are, how smart you are, where you live, how old you are

Susanna Reid returned to the GMB studio on Tuesday after two weeks in self-isolation

“It is the great equalizer. And what’s terrible about it is what’s great about it.

“What’s terrible about it is that it’s made us all equal in many ways. And what’s wonderful about this is it’s made us all equal in many ways.

“Like I used to say, at the end of human nature we are all in the same boat.

“And if the ship goes down, we all go down together.”

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I think the headline is a bit dramatic (which isn’t really any surprise) as she was just commenting on her hair. I watch this show frequently and Piers is literally vile and doesn’t shut up criticising Madonna. I’m not big on either of them but I have heard Susanna defend her and call out Piers’ ageism on one occasion. 

The only time I heard her mention his name was during the "what do you call  a man with a small penis" joke and that was repeating someone in audience shouting it out. 

I can't bare the guy and he clearly has it in for her since she said no to appearing on his show. Arrogant narcissist who talks over everyone 

He’s been saying her career was over since he trashed her in the Sun when he saw her Girlie Show concert at Wembley stadium - I think his words were “ I predict Madonna will never fill a stadium again “ and 27 years later she’s the biggest grossing solo tour artist and he’s on a TV show ?

He’s so petty, desperate and jealous, but it’s also quite sad when you think about it. It’s like the playground bully lashing out just to get everyone’s attention. Elton John is the same. Isn’t it strange how the mainstream media never call out either of them and refer to their beef with Madonna as a ‘feud’. As far as I can recall, she has only ever responded when asked about it, all be it in a slightly passive-aggressive way; but you can bet the media would be all over it, if she were Taylor Swift! Then again, victimhood is Taylor (and Gaga’s) stock-in-trade! I’m glad Madonna doesn’t complain about it relentlessly. She wouldn’t give them the satisfaction; but unfortunately, ageism and misogyny do walk hand-in-hand, and it remains the last form of unchecked-bigotry in our society. Things will change eventually.