Vogue Live: Official Youtube Uploads

Fontainebleau

3 hours ago, vitoralmeiida said:

I just don't get it why she didn't upload the HD version filmed for Truth or Dare. Maybe copyrights?

Maybe because it’s not the full performance, and more of a montage?

Who knows? I think we over analyze every little thing. Either way, it’s cool to see them upload something from an out-of-print laserdisc!

2 hours ago, scion said:

Girlie Show isn't without it's charms though, and the drummer on that tour was absolutely incredible.

OMAR GIVE ME SOME DRUMS!!!

Omar Hakim is an American jazz, jazz fusion and pop musicdrummer, producer, arranger and composer. He has worked with Weather Report, David Bowie, Sting, Madonna, Dire Straits, Journey, Kate Bush, George Benson, Miles Davis, Daft Punk, Mariah Carey, and Celine Dion.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, scion said:

For me I'd say RIT is the best performance of the song, but that's more so because I prefer the sound of that performance to the others. 

Girlie Show isn't without it's charms though, and the drummer on that tour was absolutely incredible.

I miss the live band presence so much :Madonna041:

59 minutes ago, Enrico said:

OMAR GIVE ME SOME DRUMS!!!

Omar Hakim is an American jazz, jazz fusion and pop musicdrummer, producer, arranger and composer. He has worked with Weather Report, David Bowie, Sting, Madonna, Dire Straits, Journey, Kate Bush, George Benson, Miles Davis, Daft Punk, Mariah Carey, and Celine Dion.

I loved him too! I also loved the long hair guitar player in that tour Paul Pesco!

IMG_2132.JPG

7 hours ago, George74 said:

It is not on here official page. It's generated by Youtube.

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/28270137?hl=en

It's called "IIP-DDS" ... it's automatic ... that's why it is invisible on her page. It stays unofficial.

For it to be auto generated on YouTube,  it has to be for sale as a digital download somewhere. Sure enough, I just found it in the Google Play store: https://play.google.com/store/music/album?id=B376cdliwcgbzzm4avqchn5ewrm&tid=song-Twny2cyusv47oraqe34y2jhvxla

It's the Dallas concert and it's better quality than I already have. I might download it...

So apparently this isn't about "teasing fans" regarding any tour.  It's all about celebrating the 30th anniversary of Vogue.  Now, you might think there are far better ways to celebrate this song, but it's just nitpicking at this point. It's quite possible, Madonna's youtube channel will upload all live performances of Vogue in the next week or two. 

Take a breath!  Enjoy that she and her team are taking some time to upload Vogue remixes and performances to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Vogue, during a time when more important things are going on in the world than if Madonna and her team is updating her social media with videos, images or songs that celebrate a particular era, song, album or tour.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, lap said:

Unfortunately Vogue from RIT is the edit one from the documentary :suffer:

For a second there I really thought they’d uploaded the full performance :suffer:

2 hours ago, KaitoXD said:

The Nice footage actually looks very good and clear but it's a LaserDisc source so it makes sense. Also, WHO IN THE WORLD COMPRESSED THE AUDIO? I need a word with them.

The Nice footage is invisible behind all the deformation and manipulation the real master went through ...

There is not two shots with the same grading. From one shot to another, you jump from yellowish, blueish, magenta ... Over-exposed to blurry, digitaly zoomed, cropped ...

Above all, it was shot and edit in PAL 25fps interlaced and then transfered to NTSC 29,97 interlaced ... You can clearly see this on cut through the edit. On half of the cuts the image are interlaced.

Then, the laserdisc version is cropped of at least 2/3 % ... I did a difference blend with my own rip version and the in-house version.

The best we have at the moment is the in-house DVD ... But it is sooo compressed: not even 4gigas for 2hours of video ... No skin texture, so much artefacts ...

The Nice footage might be nice ... If a master still exists ... Which I doubt.

Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

What do you mean? 

Lol meaning they aren’t surprised M’s team didn’t take the time to edit and upload the full performance of the song. And neither am I.

what WOULD be cool is to finish off this anniversary with a release of Vogue from the Madame X tour to promote the tour video release.

I'm sorry... But why bother when there's the same footage in better quality on youtube itself? They are doing the bare minimum and doing it terribly.
They could at least remaster the official video to HD, since the one that's there is in terrible quality (I not even going to mention the audio quality). The VMA performance is cropped and tagged... :crying:
Is not so hard, is it? Some fans treat those thing FOR FREE in a much better way.

Considering peoples uploads of copyrighted material to YouTube are illegal, I dont believe her team lives in the bubble of "everyone has already seen this". Madonna's channel is not just for die Hard fans. Besides, the fact that they even bothered to acknowledge vogue at all is wonderful.

• Fighter unfeatured this topic