Favorite M Album?

MarXus

Favorite Madonna Album?   

44 members voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Madonna Album?

• Madonna
    • Like A Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like A Prayer
    • I'm Breathless
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dancefloor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart
    • Madame X

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQPuTwyE1gDicq26c55Tqz

Which is it Madonna Fans? Which album do you love the most?  After making your choice, feel free to add why you feel it's your favorite.  Note: I did add "I'm Breathless" because it's an album of original material. I know some don't credit it as a proper studio album, but it's a full album of new Madonna material at the time.  Don't bother to argue the inclusion because it's always a never ending battle.  And we all know it will never become the most favorite album.

My favorite album is (and always have been) Like A Virgin because that's the Madonna I fell in love with - the 'original' one I'd say. I just love the style, the songs, the energy, the mood... The only 'problem' is my favorite song of the album, Dress You Up - a very underrated song - never got a proper video, although the live video is amazing. By the way The Virgin Tour is my favorite too...

My dream album tracklist, duration 79:18 (I do have this on my archive): 

01. Material Girl
02. Angel
03. Like A Virgin
04. Crazy For You
05. Gambler

06. Over And Over
07. Love Don't Live Here Anymore
08. Into The Groove
09. Dress You Up
10. Shoo-Bee-Doo
11. Pretender
12. Stay
13. Ain't No Big Deal
14. Material Girl (Extended Dance Remix)
15. Angel (Dance Mix Edit)

16. Like A Virgin (Extended Dance Remix)
17. Dress You Up (The 12'' Formal Mix)

Tony_Frank.thumb.jpg.1c362d13885a2ca160e69f510dc1c5d6.jpg

5 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Jesus - haven’t we had this topic already ????

Nope, not recently!  I looked (did a search) unless I missed it. The last topic asking this very question was sometime after MDNA was released.

So which is it?  Spill it!  Smile! Stay safe and healthy!  :)

Ray of Light. Thanks to William Orbit to produced this masterpiece. This album was a revolution of history, she push the electronic music in the large public. She lived a very risky album and this was her bast album. I was a fan of many songs of the album (like the Japan bonus track: Has to Be) and the musics videos was incredible.

can I say that this is extremely difficult? :cute: I love many albums and it all depends on the day, the mood, sometimes I just wanna listen to a bunch of them back to back etc etc

some notes tho: 

-since I have the American version of LAV it bothers me that there's no ITG so I try to include it somehow :angryaf: I always forget I have to play the foreign edition :kiss:

-as much as I love ROL, it's a darn long album , and I do prefer the Japanese version which has Has to Be :tongue:

same with RebelH too long but this is more of a chore to listen to in its entirety :scary: , not so with ROL :silly:

-Music is too short I am always left wanting more haha:eyes:

-I consider YCD and WTG full albums tho, only YCD is well to dance to and/or exercise and WTG is more M&friends to me :party:

-MDNA only album I skip songs after songs :ag::poo:

-justice for Evita lol

but yeah I do love her massive, varied, iconic, FEELGOOD discography :hearteyes:

1 minute ago, Ian said:

-since I have the American version of LAV it bothers me that there's no ITG so I try to include it somehow :angryaf: I always forget I have to play the foreign edition :kiss:

It was included in the european reedition at the time, during the 80's.

Imay be wrong but I think that in the CD version, there is never ITG included, wherever you buy it.

24 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

It was included in the european reedition at the time, during the 80's.

Imay be wrong but I think that in the CD version, there is never ITG included, wherever you buy it.

that's the one I play, the 1985 German edition, see I put on the American one and then I'm like where's ITG? then I have to take it out and put the other one on hahaha :lol:

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Like-A-Virgin/release/3133282  :lord:

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

that's the one I play, the 1985 German edition, see I put on the American one and then I'm like where's ITG? then I have to take it out and put the other one on hahaha :lol:

https://www.discogs.com/Madonna-Like-A-Virgin/release/3133282  :lord:

Keep in mind, LAV album was released about 6 months before ITG was released. Being the song became her first #1 in many European nations, the next edition of some international releases added ITG. 

On 4/4/2020 at 8:21 AM, Blue Prince said:

You guys have one? :lol: What does it feel like to be in a stable state of mind? 

I know what you mean.  I debated between LAP and TRUE BLUE, but even then she has some great masterpieces. 

23 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I know what you mean.  I debated between LAP and TRUE BLUE, but even then she has some great masterpieces. 

Yeah certainly. I love True Blue and Ray of Light and Confessions probably the most and equally, but then there's Erotica, Like A Prayer, American Life. How can I ignore them? :silly: I'll probably say Ray of Light because it came out around the year I was born and it never ceases to soothe me when I need it.