Sign in to follow this  
AaronsAmazing

The Immaculate Collection question

I read somewhere that the first 11 tracks were all early-fade edits of released versions (Borderline might be a Q-Sound processed 7" edit!), except processed in Q-Sound with the required filters. The main issue with this is that Holiday and Into The Groove are edits of the You Can Dance arrangements rather than the original versions, but are they edits of the 1987 promo-only "Single Edits" or not?

30 minutes ago, AaronsAmazing said:

I read somewhere that the first 11 tracks were all early-fade edits of released versions (Borderline might be a Q-Sound processed 7" edit!), except processed in Q-Sound with the required filters. The main issue with this is that Holiday and Into The Groove are edits of the You Can Dance arrangements rather than the original versions, but are they edits of the 1987 promo-only "Single Edits" or not?

They're pretty similar! She must have thought the YCD sounded more modern so they went on with the idea of remixing all the hits. I think people don't give Goh Hotoda enough credit for his work on The Immaculate Collection:thinker:

1 hour ago, AaronsAmazing said:

In my opinion, all tracks on The Immaculate Collection are like remixes, even tho most of them sound very similar to the original versions.