For those who saw Madame X,.....

Voguerista

.....what was your most favorite favorite performance? Try and only name one,... your ultimate favorite and why.  

I didn't get to see the show this time. I can't wait for the DVD. I'm going to guess that the Medellin performance would have been my favorite. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Frozen. It was definitely the most mature and emotional moment of the show and it was executed perfectly. I’m praying the DVD does it justice. 

Killers Who Are Partying

Although nothing special happened on stage during that song, it brought me to tears instantly. I've always been a fan of that song, and hearing Madonna sing it made me emotional.

Also the live instruments on it really make it even better !

The atmosphere during the songs is awesome...

This is so difficult as all of the above...but 'Come Alive' gave me that "wow - heart in the throat" moment where at the end chorus I realised that our row had all linked hands in the air with each other. .with people we didn't even know !! The power of the song did that and I didn't want that moment to end

1 hour ago, migsou said:

my favorite one, because the new arrangement surprised me and the choreography was breath-taking, is "rescue me"

Your favorite performance was a song where she wasn’t on stage? That...says a lot about the show :rip:

Definitely I Don’t Search I Find. Really cool concept. Definitely one of the most thought out moments of the show.

So difficult to choose just one. But I'd say Killers! All our eyes were focused on her during that moment and even though her vocals were supported by special effects, that didn't disctract from getting the meaning behind the song. And her replacement of the word Israel for Palestine was just a smart move. Israel should have never been mentioned in the record. #sorry

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, madgefan said:

So difficult to choose just one. But I'd say Killers! All our eyes were focused on her during that moment and even though her vocals were supported by special effects, that didn't disctract from getting the meaning behind the song. And her replacement of the word Israel for Palestine was just a smart move. Israel should have never been mentioned in the record. #sorry

And she shouldn’t have done Eurovision either, in my opinion. 

All of the above answers I agree with!!!  

IDSIF is awesome. It will probably be different on video so I'll share this tidbit without trying to share too much for those who haven't seen the show. But IDSIF has the energy of a second song performance. Like Nobody Knows Me and Impressive Instant... (the "cool" songs are usually number 2 in a show). Which is why Madame X Tour has kind of like 2 opening sections to me. 

After Vogue ends though I can't remember the lighting situation, but Madonna wasn't obviously on stage... so it would have been understandable to think she was changing or something and that it was safe to take your eyes off stage for a second. But while the baseline pumps and broods... she appears from inside the stairs that are being wheeled around on her hands and knees, Extending her arm out to sing the first two lines. 

If you weren't paying attention though, you'd miss her. 

So great!  

I know you asked to name just one, but...

From a theatrical point of you, I agree it's FROZEN, also the most original.

Honorable Mentions:

Musically (and visually), I'd say HUMAN NATURE.

I personally was very happy to hear AMERICAN LIFE.

I agree that KILLERS was simple but very honest. On one of my concerts she held the hand of a girl from Norway who was at the Vip table with me, it was very emotional.

COME ALIVE and MEDELLIN also created a good atmosphere.

But I have to say LIKE A PRAYER was the only song that got the entire audience totally connected. When I saw the show in the royal circle, the only song that got everyone standing and happy. When "I rise" started the energy was over...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
51 minutes ago, Enrico said:

But I have to say LIKE A PRAYER was the only song that got the entire audience totally connected. When I saw the show in the royal circle, the only song that got everyone standing and happy. When "I rise" started the energy was over...

Yeah, it was like that at my show in London. Everyone was up for “Like A Prayer” and then came back down again for “I Rise”. I always thought that the issue with “I Rise” was that, while the lyrics are great, the production really is nothing special whatsoever, so it doesn’t really feel as empowering as it should. 

13 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yeah, it was like that at my show in London. Everyone was up for “Like A Prayer” and then came back down again for “I Rise”. I always thought that the issue with “I Rise” was that, while the lyrics are great, the production really is nothing special whatsoever, so it doesn’t really feel as empowering as it should. 

Agreed. Especially for a song that is intended to be an empowerment anthem. It’s not a bad song, I love it but I wish there was something after the mid tempo parts, something where it really rises, and no, not like a remix but the song itself. 

I was first row at the bottom of the steps in London. I got absolute THRILLS throughout Medellin. M stood at the top of those steps and the dancers came down and danced around me for what felt like 5 minutes. It was like being on stage with M and her gang during Whys It So Hard GS ??

One of my favourite MX tracks is E Occident, but  following shortly after Medellin it was such a let down ?.

But being so close and being so thankful for getting the full show, God Control was also a great experience...

I would have to say Killers! That was always one of my favorite tracks on the album and when she sung it live it sounded even better! The live instruments! The vibe! The imagery! The vocals! All so amazing! 

And then I was lucky enough to be able to talk to her and say that amazing portuguese phrase back to her and then she tested me by asking for the translation :lord:

I went to four shows, my fifth would've been 2/18 in Paris...but, you know.  

Having more time to reflect on the tour I was fortunate enough to have seen 4x,  but each show I saw was a different favorite, mainly because Madonna's mood(s).* 

But the one that got me out my seat every time was American Life. I've always loved that song and era, and the use of the video footage ON the staging, along with that amazing synth bass in such a compact space sounds like its zipping across and tearing through the air above her, and us. It really did create a tremendous assault to the senses. I'm happy that she's recognizing its existence after its omission from the Celebration collection.

9/22,NY.: I Don't Search...
*mood was icy, but funny. 
9/24, NY,: American Life 
*mood was scripted to be icy, but funny. She really sets up AL with the IDSIF performance. All those stairs and trap doors! Now I know she was in pain, so the mood was justifiable. 

10/21 Chicago: Extreme Occident

*mood was charming but condescending. I love Madonna when she's seems sincere,    And she did during this performance, especially in Chicago. 

12/8 Philadelphia: American Life 

*mood was weird. Injuries aside, which didn't really affect the show that much, but there were moments that she really came across like she wanted to sit and talk. Lll

On 4/12/2020 at 2:23 PM, Zaktkoons said:

I think Extreme Occident. I loved the entire show, but it was so surreal somehow. Even with minimal lighting and stage props, it felt so otherworldly and mystical. Plus its one of my all-time favorite Madonna songs now

Totally agree  - loved the entire show but Extreme Occident took my breath away just incredible - so moving and beautiful to see it. Totally mesmerised by it