For those who saw Madame X,.....

Voguerista

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Extreme Occident, for sure! Hearing the playfulness and dexterity in her voice during the Fado section, which included Sodade at the time...Unexpectedly beautiful. Come Alive for its choir finale. I only saw the show once, and there was far too much to take in. I’ve actually come to the conclusion that it was much harder to watch Madonna in a small venue because you focus entirely on her, and can easily miss key moments of the grandiosity of the message and the broader visuals! With all the focus on her injuries even as far back as November, it was impossible not to imbue any assessment of her performance with a sense of diminishment. I regret not being more present with hindsight, and I can’t wait to see it directed for the screen! 

• 5 months later...

IDSIF was pretty epic.  

And I must say the staging and the singing (she sounded great!) of HUMAN NATURE simply slayed the nights I saw her in LA.  That’s a song — I love.  But wasn’t exactly all that excited about as she has sang it on tour A LOT.  I’ve seen every tour from DROWNED on... and I think she’s done it like — four times now?  But in this show it was a pretty damn amazing.

FROZEN was ICONIC and probably the big stand out to me..  The way it was presented was so unusual and it was true to the original album version, too.  Just a beautiful moment.

But — Honestly, the whole show blew me away.  But then I genuinely enjoy Madame X the album and the persona.  EXTREME OCCIDENT, the Fado section, it all just worked for me.

Edited by Markdonna (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/29/2021 at 4:42 PM, Jamesroeni said:

For me the show delivered three knock out punches... Rescue me, Frozen and then Come Alive. I was floored and very emotional by the middle of Come Alive! Amazing.... 

Come Alive was the most emotional moment by far. I was totally moved. 

• 1 month later...

Vogue, forever. Unless M doesnt do a Vogue Guitar version this song always grooves! (even in S&S mashup)

Frozen, always liked her vocals on that song 

God Gontrol (the beginning with the shots and the burning flag - its so, Marilyn Manson. I love this Opening religiously. Will play it on a loop...if the DVD comes out  :lol:

Edited by dude78 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...