Coffin/Maria interlude

Mister_Pop

11 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

Can we talk about the beauty of this interlude ? It introduces Batuka and the all section...

It's beautiful, the melody, the beats... I'm obsessed right now with it...

Who's singing by the way ?

Batukadeiras Orchestra

they also sing the same “song” in the intro of batuka videoclip

1 minute ago, Angelo said:

Batukadeiras Orchestra

they also sing the same “song” in the intro of batuka videoclip

Yes, it's the same song, but I had the impression that in the show interlude, there was a unique voice clearly ?! Maybe I'm wrong, it's filtered or something too...

I have this on repeat, kind of obsessed, really. 

If I could live again one part of the show I would definitely ask for this whole Portuguese section. So beautiful :heart:

25 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

Yes, it's the same song, but I had the impression that in the show interlude, there was a unique voice clearly ?! Maybe I'm wrong, it's filtered or something too...

I have this on repeat, kind of obsessed, really. 

If I could live again one part of the show I would definitely ask for this whole Portuguese section. So beautiful :heart:

in the show their voices are very clear

in the video their voices were filtered and they used a lot of echos effect

Ok confession time for me. I was drinking and really needed the loo, so made the strategic decision to go during this. To the beautiful tune I ran up the steps to the top, down the steps, through the bar, took a sharp right, along the corridor and another right into the toilet. I could hear the drum beats as I took the longest pee of my life ...hurrying, stressing and rushing back to the beat of the drums. I appreciated the music though. 

On 4/7/2020 at 2:09 PM, Semtex1 said:

Ok confession time for me. I was drinking and really needed the loo, so made the strategic decision to go during this. To the beautiful tune I ran up the steps to the top, down the steps, through the bar, took a sharp right, along the corridor and another right into the toilet. I could hear the drum beats as I took the longest pee of my life ...hurrying, stressing and rushing back to the beat of the drums. I appreciated the music though. 

reading this really took me there. 

The interludes as a whole in this tour were a huge missed opportunity and were actually quite disappointing, including this one. I mean I can’t imagine we went from guys on towering poles swinging all the way down to touch the audience and back up with Illuminati, to two guys moving a coffin against an uninspired data show projector footage or Witt Rescue Me you just had like 8 people do the same moves in different timings to the sound of panting... like the downgrade is far too steep. 

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

The interludes as a whole in this tour were a huge missed opportunity and were actually quite disappointing, including this one. I mean I can’t imagine we went from guys on towering poles swinging all the way down to touch the audience and back up with Illuminati, to two guys moving a coffin against an uninspired data show projector footage or Witt Rescue Me you just had like 8 people do the same moves in different timings to the sound of panting... like the downgrade is far too steep. 

Oh I really loved Rescue Me and the dancers were amazing and effective. I don't know what it all meant but I think it was deep. Hearing the intense gasping in the dark actually made me breathless.....saying that, it could have been because I was seated up so high

Of course this show is a different, more intimate...

It's like comparing a movie full of special effect like Avengers to something more into real acting form independant studios. Yes, it can look downgrading but above all it's different... and doesn't mean it's automatically less good. It takes maybe some taste and open minds to appreciate it but the fact that it's not "in your face" style fortunately doesn't say anything about the quality of it...

On 4/7/2020 at 3:09 PM, Semtex1 said:

did you wash your hands?

Genuinely at the front of the stage at MXT London - I was so floored by what I had JUST seen on stage when this interlude started, that I barely have any memory of it :pop: The coffin being walked across the stage is my only recall and I haven't watched any videos of it!

Such is the amazingness of the MXT opening sections :hearteyes: