Madonna - "Lament"!! The Emotion, The Fire, The Power!

Voguerista

Guest Nobody Knows Me
10 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Mmmm - I never really dug this but happy people love it - still an amazing tour though ?

I always thought Bad Girl would have worked better in this section but yeah it’s still a great performance.

It was a genius idea using Lament as the song of death from Evita on the execution chair after Die Another Day. I love it as a whole package, it’s incredible and the way she spits on the guy who ties her up, like the music video, and how he stares back at her like he’s about to charge back and punch her, is an incredible scene.

That said, I would’ve loved for Bad Girl to also be in that section and for Die Another Day to someday get a more action packed performance. Madame X Tour was a great opportunity since it’s a secret agent thing, but she wasted that opportunity. So... maybe someday?

There are very few songs that she emotes perfectly when singing it. Either emotionally or in her “take charge” vocals. When she sings about loss and despair, you hear it. When she sings or talks about sex, you feel it. When she expresses empowerment, you get it. The other stuff is just filler to me. Something I haven’t really heart from her in a very long time unfortunately. 

Lyrically she can speak the world about what she’s feeling. And some of her lyrics can be pretty fantastic. It’s just been a long time since I thought she emotionally connected to her own music. And that’s just me. As experimental Madame X was... I didn’t get any emotion from her. Maybe I couldn’t connect to it because she didn’t... or couldn’t convey it.

1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

It was a genius idea using Lament as the song of death from Evita on the execution chair after Die Another Day. I love it as a whole package, it’s incredible and the way she spits on the guy who ties her up, like the music video, and how he stares back at her like he’s about to charge back and punch her, is an incredible scene.

That said, I would’ve loved for Bad Girl to also be in that section and for Die Another Day to someday get a more action packed performance. Madame X Tour was a great opportunity since it’s a secret agent thing, but she wasted that opportunity. So... maybe someday?

So so agree on everything you wrote. The power the brilliance to leave us speechless!

46 minutes ago, Andymad said:

There are very few songs that she emotes perfectly when singing it. Either emotionally or in her “take charge” vocals. When she sings about loss and despair, you hear it. When she sings or talks about sex, you feel it. When she expresses empowerment, you get it. The other stuff is just filler to me. Something I haven’t really heart from her in a very long time unfortunately. 

Lyrically she can speak the world about what she’s feeling. And some of her lyrics can be pretty fantastic. It’s just been a long time since I thought she emotionally connected to her own music. And that’s just me. As experimental Madame X was... I didn’t get any emotion from her. Maybe I couldn’t connect to it because she didn’t... or couldn’t convey it.

Yep. When she sings from a deep down place in heart, it's breathtaking and can make me cry. I love moments in her shows like that!

Yes, she does know are to convey emotions, sometimes with her voice, and sometimes with her moves too. Choreos are a part of expressing herself for her. In that matter we can say that no one is performing like her... Other performer often do the same dance moves everytime, it looks the same on lots of songs. Not with Madonna, she has a way of making the body speaks while performing.

Lament is beautiful. She sings it perfectly. Very intense !