Drake Is Just One Hit Single Away From Tying Madonna’s Most Important Record

Voguerista

15 hours ago, diegolcl said:

Those charts records are fun and all but when you have a song that is arguably one of the most enduring and defining songs in pop culture as 'Holiday' that never managed to get inside the top 10 in the US it speaks volumes of how numbers sometimes are just... numbers.
I could argue that at least 10 of those 38 top 10 Madonna songs are bigger in impact on the pop culture than Drake's career as a whole :Madonna052::fingerclick:

True. I can honestly say I never even heard a Drake song in my life. Zero interest.

What is this charts thing nowadays ? Total nonsense, i can guarantee that here in France 95% of the population (kids, teen, mid age, old...) cannot name or sing a single song of Drake. I work as resident dj in a pub for several years and i've never played a single of his songs. Exept that "You used to call me on my cell phone" track and his feat on Rihanna's "Work" i never heard anything from him here in France. How can he top Madonna when i literrally been living 20 years (1985-2005) hearing Madonna music EVERYWHERE. Holiday, like a virgin, la isla bonita, like a prayer, vogue, frozen, music, hung up... everyone from 5 years old to 99 know those tracks.  And some modern chart thing is tryin to tell me someone by tye name of Drake would be beating Madonna's records... some  modern stuff are really ridiculous. What's next ? Carlie Raye Jepsen beating Michael's jackson's sales ? Ridiculous...

It's so true. I can't think of anyone that I know that hasn't ever heard of "Madonna". Even with not generally liking her music, they could find something they like. For instance, my grandmother (when she was alive) loved EVITA...both the movie and the soundtrack. "Drake" on the other hand would be the opposite.

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

It's so true. I can't think of anyone that I know that hasn't ever heard of "Madonna". Even with not generally liking her music, they could find something they like. For instance, my grandmother (when she was alive) loved EVITA...both the movie and the soundtrack. "Drake" on the other hand it would be the opposite.

Exactly. All this digital system is a real non sense and absolutely not representative of the real life. This is a real joke. And i'm not saying this as a Madonna fan, it just beyond ridiculous that "record" of Drake above Madonna. The world is crazy i tell you... just having to write that is surrral, without any logic and reason.

• 4 weeks later...

It's official....

38's Special: Drake Ties Madonna for Most Top 10 Billboard Hot 100 Hits

"Pain 1993" debuts at No. 7.

Drake ties the record for the most top 10 hits in the Billboard Hot 100's 61-year history, as he tallies his 38th top 10 on the latest chart, dated May 16.

Drake's "Pain 1993," featuring Playboi Carti (who earns his first Hot 100 top 10), debuts at No. 7, as Drake's new release Dark Lane Demo Tapes begins at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with 223,000 equivalent album units, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.

The track opens at No. 3 on the Streaming Songs chart with 31 million first-week streams and at No. 46 on Digital Song Sales with 3,000 sold.

Now with 38 total top 10s on the Hot 100, Drake ties Madonna, who had held the record by herself since November 2002, when she surpassed The Beatles' 34 with "Die Another Day," her James Bond theme that became her 35th entry in the bracket and peaked at No. 8. She had tied The Beatles' mark with "Don't Tell Me," her 34th top 10, in February 2001.

The Beatles reigned as the sole act with the most Hot 100 top 10s from March 1967, when they surpassed Elvis Presley, until Madonna matched them. The Beatles passed Presley (whose career predated the Hot 100) when they logged their 21st top 10, "Penny Lane."

Following "Die Another Day," Madonna has reached the Hot 100's top tier with "Hung Up" (No. 7, 2005); "4 Minutes," featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland (No. 3 2008); and "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. (No. 10, 2012).

Here's an updated look at the artists with the most career top 10 hits on the Hot 100:

Most Billboard Hot 100 Top 10s
38, Drake
38, Madonna
34, The Beatles
31, Rihanna
30, Michael Jackson
28, Mariah Carey
28, Stevie Wonder
27, Janet Jackson
27, Elton John
25, Elvis Presley
25, Taylor Swift

Drake first hit the Hot 100's top 10 in July 2009 with his breakthrough single "Best I Ever Had," which peaked at No. 2. Madonna first reached the region in June 1984 with "Borderline," which rose to No. 10.

Notably, all 38 of Madonna's Hot 100 top 10s have been in lead roles; due partly to the collaborative nature of hip-hop, Drake has posted 25 top 10s as a lead and 13 as a featured artist.

Meanwhile, with "Pain 1993" launching at No. 7, Drake makes his record-extending 23rd debut in the Hot 100's top 10.

Among their 38 Hot 100 top 10s apiece, Drake has tallied seven No. 1s, while Madonna has logged 12. The Beatles hold the all-time record for the most No. 1s, with 20.

38 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

It's official....

38's Special: Drake Ties Madonna for Most Top 10 Billboard Hot 100 Hits

"Pain 1993" debuts at No. 7.

Drake ties the record for the most top 10 hits in the Billboard Hot 100's 61-year history, as he tallies his 38th top 10 on the latest chart, dated May 16.

Drake's "Pain 1993," featuring Playboi Carti (who earns his first Hot 100 top 10), debuts at No. 7, as Drake's new release Dark Lane Demo Tapes begins at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with 223,000 equivalent album units, according to Nielsen Music/MRC Data.

The track opens at No. 3 on the Streaming Songs chart with 31 million first-week streams and at No. 46 on Digital Song Sales with 3,000 sold.

Now with 38 total top 10s on the Hot 100, Drake ties Madonna, who had held the record by herself since November 2002, when she surpassed The Beatles' 34 with "Die Another Day," her James Bond theme that became her 35th entry in the bracket and peaked at No. 8. She had tied The Beatles' mark with "Don't Tell Me," her 34th top 10, in February 2001.

The Beatles reigned as the sole act with the most Hot 100 top 10s from March 1967, when they surpassed Elvis Presley, until Madonna matched them. The Beatles passed Presley (whose career predated the Hot 100) when they logged their 21st top 10, "Penny Lane."

Following "Die Another Day," Madonna has reached the Hot 100's top tier with "Hung Up" (No. 7, 2005); "4 Minutes," featuring Justin Timberlake and Timbaland (No. 3 2008); and "Give Me All Your Luvin'," featuring Nicki Minaj and M.I.A. (No. 10, 2012).

Here's an updated look at the artists with the most career top 10 hits on the Hot 100:

Most Billboard Hot 100 Top 10s
38, Drake
38, Madonna
34, The Beatles
31, Rihanna
30, Michael Jackson
28, Mariah Carey
28, Stevie Wonder
27, Janet Jackson
27, Elton John
25, Elvis Presley
25, Taylor Swift

Drake first hit the Hot 100's top 10 in July 2009 with his breakthrough single "Best I Ever Had," which peaked at No. 2. Madonna first reached the region in June 1984 with "Borderline," which rose to No. 10.

Notably, all 38 of Madonna's Hot 100 top 10s have been in lead roles; due partly to the collaborative nature of hip-hop, Drake has posted 25 top 10s as a lead and 13 as a featured artist.

Meanwhile, with "Pain 1993" launching at No. 7, Drake makes his record-extending 23rd debut in the Hot 100's top 10.

Among their 38 Hot 100 top 10s apiece, Drake has tallied seven No. 1s, while Madonna has logged 12. The Beatles hold the all-time record for the most No. 1s, with 20.

1oasbj.jpg

Drake is an interesting pop figure. I know some of his work and one of my favorite songs is him with a remixed demo of a MJ song. But again, him being the feature should not be exaggerated as it has. I can respect the 25. That’s clean and cut. But adding features of him is notable in mentioning but not for record breaking.