Your THREE Most Favorite Or Most Played Madonna Albums!

Voguerista

Hi again! We had a thread for our THREE least favorite or Least played Madonna albums (I loved all of your fun replies!!xxx ). So, now what are your THREE Most Favorite or Most Played Madonna Albums?

Mine are:

Confessions On A Dance Floor

MDNA

Rebel Heart

Honorable Mentions that are close to the top three:  American Life, Music, Ray Of Light

My favorites

1. Ray of Light: One of my favorites albums of all time. i love this album since the first tim i listen in 2009. This will the best record since Like a Prayer and also her best album to date. Her most ambitious record of his career, she created with William Orbit a new sound and one thing about this album was this album breakthough the electronic music in the large public. Majority with electro and pop, this album was her most varied styles, like Rock, RnB, Trip hop, Dance, Folk, new age and Asian influences. My favorite and also this record was a part of my life. I like all the songs of the album. I was not fan of the ending of Drowed World/Subsitut for love, because the music aggressed, but godness, the Madonna voice perfomance help to ending in beauty the song. But nothless, this song is very good to combined multiple music styles of the song. A masterpiece this album!

2. True Blue: One of her best albums. After two dance-pop album (Eponym album and Like a Virgin), she started to risking to the music. This album retains her habitual dance-pop for many songs of the album, the style of Madonna help for his fame, but she started risking to more styled, like Latino (La Isla Bonita) and ballad (Live to Tell) and her style was more mature. All the songs was excellent of the album and i listen all the time all the songs of the album.

3. Confession on a Dance Floor: This album was my teenage years. This album, hugely disco styled, was my tea time during around 14-15 years. I was fan of Hung Up, my favorite song of Madonna of all the time, i was fan of the song, the music and the live performance of this song in the tours. I dancing with this albums, most of time Hung Up or Jump, my two favorites songs of the album. A masterpiece this album and i like all the songs of the album.

1. Ray Of Light

2. Like a Prayer

3. True Blue.

These albums are iconic. Great singles/songs , great fillers, great artwork, great videos and and meaningful lyrics. The singles have the sound unlike any other songs at the time when they were released. Groundbreaking, unusual and yet melodic and instantly recognizable.

Most played:

1. American Life - This album was the first Madonna album released since I became a fan of her (2001), so it holds a special place in my heart. Listening to this album (and the album at #2) was the definition of my childhood, and listening to it today brings back so many good memories. While I don't think it is my favourite M album, I still do enjoy it to this day, but maybe not to the extent that I did at the time of release. A couple moments on the album (ie. the rap in AL, I'm So Stupid, X-Static Process) just aren't as enjoyable for me anymore. But, I must say, this era was packed with some awesome remixes.

2. Confessions on a Dance Floor - Another album I adored growing up, and I love it just as much today as I did then. The songs are so well-produced and so much fun to dance to. I actually really liked the continuous mix growing up, since I listened to a lot of house and trance mix CDs growing up. Also, pretty much everything to do with this era is fantastic. The album, the videos, the remixes, the tour; I am so glad I got to experience this as it happened and follow along as a kid. If I could go back in time, I would go see The Confessions Tour in a heartbeat.

3. Erotica - Now, this album is definitely not one I enjoyed as a kid lol. When I discovered M, I was pretty unaware of most of her discography until a few years later. I pretty much knew the first album and Music (since it was the most recent album released when I discovered her). I didn't really listen to this album until about a year of two before high school. At the time, it was a very different M experience for me, since I knew her for the dance-pop of COADF and AL. It took a few listens for me to really get on board with the album, and through high school I found myself enjoying the album more and more. To this day, I still listen to the album and really enjoy it! I think now that I understanding the lyrics more than I did when I was 12 helps a lot lol.

Favourites:

1. Confessions on a Dance Floor - Pretty much for all the reasons stated above. It still holds up as one of the best dance-pop albums ever recorded.

2. Bedtime Stories - This album actually took a while to grow on me. Now, I am completely obsessed with the album. Songs like Secret, Forbidden Love, Inside of Me, Love Tried to Welcome Me... I could go on, but there are so many amazing moments on this album. I actually regularly play this album in the café I work at lol.

3. Ray of Light - I was on the fence on either Ray of Light or Erotica for my third favourite, as they are both fantastic albums. I chose ROL since I have liked the album for a longer period of time, and it clicked with me a lot faster than Erotica did. The production on this album is just outstanding. When I first listened to this album, I was shocked to hear how different it was to the M albums I had listened to so far. I think this album made me realize how versatile of an artist she is and just how iconic her career has been. To this day, it is still a very enjoyable album form start to finish.

Special Mention: Music - I actually credit this album for my love for trance music. When I heard the Above & Beyond remix of What it Feels Like for a Girl, I was instantly in love with it. The uplifting melodies and fast-paced dance beat really drew me in and made me look up and discover so much more trance music. To this day, I am a huge fan of trance music and it all started with a remix of a Madonna song.

Madame X - I haven't heard a new Madonna album for months as often as MX. I am still simply thrilled, even if it is not perfect or has weaknesses here and there. But I love the latin influence of the record and it`s  a perfect soundtrack for the summer. I'm very happy that Madonna released MX :-)

Ray of Light - What can I say more about that? I love every detail in every song on it, it`s a materpiece and I'm happy for Madonna that she had such a success with ROL. 

Confessions on a Dancefloor - See above...and these albums are my 3 fav records,too but in a another order :-)

Confessions is closely followed by MDNA ;-)

Edited by miri1912 (see edit history)

• 5 months later...