Next Album: What Style Should M Explore?

eXtremeOccident

Everyone's an authority 
On who and what is good for me

Choices I should make
The producers I should take

Everyone's a connaisseur
How do they know?
What makes them so sure?
Do they know what's right for me?

Everyone's a know-it-all
But will they be there
To catch me when my album flops

Mmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm
Mmmm mmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm

Guest Nobody Knows Me
31 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Kevin Antunes says M wants the songs to sound exactly as in the record.

I remember her saying in an interview in 1993 she doesn’t like it when the songs sound the same as on the album. Wonder what made her change her mind :thinker:

22 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I remember her saying in an interview in 1993 she doesn’t like it when the songs sound the same as on the album. Wonder what made her change her mind :thinker:

She had a live band then, changing things up was more fun and more spontaneous.

The Madame X Tour didn't have ALL songs sounding the same as the album though... Come alive, Crave, Future where all different, and so were the hits

48 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I remember it too... but I heard it from Kevin myself. And now almost every song in the tour is exactly like the album version.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

How on earth could she have a different opinion, or taste, 27 years later... As if she had stood by everything she had said since the beginning of her carreer.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, discohub said:

How on earth could she have a different opinion, or taste, 27 years later... As if she had stood by everything she had said since the beginning of her carreer.

I...never said she couldn’t. I just rhetorically questioned what made her change her mind.

2 hours ago, I don't search I find said:

She had a live band then, changing things up was more fun and more spontaneous.

The Madame X Tour didn't have ALL songs sounding the same as the album though... Come alive, Crave, Future where all different, and so were the hits

Future and Crave didn't sound the same (Remix for Crave and different version for Future obvioulsy, but for Come Alive there was no change from the album version, except for a extra intro and outro. Si I wouldn't put it in the same "different" package.

As for the hits, if they were not the album version played, they mostly have the original flavor, from American Life (even if she edited and had a different outro) to Human Nature, the extra instruments and smooth groove didn't destroy the song, Like A Prayer was a great version... all with their original flavor. I mean, she already gave us hits that were different and far away from the original version. She didn't want that this time I guess.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, Mister_Pop said:

As for the hits, if they were not the album version played, they mostly have the original flavor, from American Life (even if she edited and had a different outro) to Human Nature, the extra instruments and smooth groove didn't destroy the song, Like A Prayer was a great version... all with their original flavor. I mean, she already gave us hits that were different and far away from the original version. She didn't want that this time I guess.

I did not see the full version of the show, but judging from what I’ve heard from the audios, I think some arrangements worked, some didn’t, and then some were just the album version. I really enjoyed the arrangement for Human Nature for it having live instruments, and I thought the trap arrangement for Papa Don’t Preach worked really well. Like a Prayer was the one I really didn’t like though. The arrangement didn’t work for me and projecting the music video on the staircase wasn’t that great either when I saw it. 

20 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’d love to see her work with the Pet Shop Boys and go for that sort of darker synth and dance sound. I can only dream! 

Honestly, I'm surprised a collab hasn't happened yet! Closest thing we got was their remix of Sorry (which is amazing). I think a PSB/Stuart Price-esque album would be awesome.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Nick said:

Honestly, I'm surprised a collab hasn't happened yet! Closest thing we got was their remix of Sorry (which is amazing). I think a PSB/Stuart Price-esque album would be awesome.

Same here! I can only pray it will happen one day.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I wonder if Madonna will focus her next campaign on getting the gays back?

I mean we’re still here but I totally understand what you mean and honestly, I don’t think she will. 

13 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I mean we’re still here but I totally understand what you mean and honestly, I don’t think she will. 

Some are.
Some aren't.
The one thing I've learned is that the term 'Gay Community' is something the mainstream press uses to describe gay people.
It does not exist though.

I definitely never want an album of standards done in a different genre or a xmas album.  Please no! I would luv an album with stuart price and SG lewis at the helm.  Bring some great dance tracks with some ambient electronic sounding tracks. Sounds pretty cool to me.  Also would be happy with Billboard and jason evigan writing on the tracks to be produced.  after Ghosttown, Crave and I rise I still think theres pop gold there with those SG lewis and stuart price beats.

1 hour ago, drcosmonauta said:

she never gonna make something like where life begins or secret garden again!

get out of the wonderland, alice!

Never say never, they say...

Anyway, it was just an example I assume. Not about having that exact sound again, Madonna usually don't repeat herself.

It's about incoporating elements of jazz and soul in new music again if I understand the post correctly.

4 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

Never say never, they say...

Anyway, it was just an example I assume. Not about having that exact sound again, Madonna usually don't repeat herself.

It's about incoporating elements of jazz and soul in new music again if I understand the post correctly.

Yes, something along the lines of Music where she incorporated folk and country influences without it coming off as a true "country" album.