Next Album: What Style Should M Explore?

eXtremeOccident

On 4/23/2020 at 10:44 AM, TonyMontana said:

She just need someone who tells her "No you don't put "Bitch i'm loca" on the same album as "Dark ballet"". Or maybe those people are already fired... ?

Bitch, bitch, bitch = YAWN.
Write a decent fucking song and stop with the shock mentality.
Your fooling no one luv.
Only yourself.

18 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

I would looove and die for a full disco inspired album. Maybe a 10 track record with long songs and a great 70s aesthetic. Something like Confessions but further.

This sound a la Róisín Murphy would fit Madonna so good.

Yeah would love her to take this sort of sound next - bit of classic disco sound, bit experimental, cool, electronic, dance oriented, mature

Edited by MDNA22 (see edit history)

A remake (new take) on the Immaculate Collection.  Same songs totally resung with new and modern arrangements.  Give people what they want.... Classic Madonna reinvention.  Some new versus?  New bridges?  New lyrics? A collaboration or two?  What a fucking tour such an album would yield.  Fans and critics would go bonkers.  Call it "The Secind Coming".  

it's been said before but the first thing we need is good songwriting, on that note I'm all for a jazz influence (it would even be a great mariage to have a jazz/acid house record) For everyone opposing the word Jazz, please remember that Like A Prayer for instance is a jazz song, not in arrangement or production, but the chord changes are most definitely. It would give M so much opportunity to shine in her vocal delivery (think about her staircase insta songs) The thing is Madonna is very musical by ear and given the right composition she will create magic in her melodies (give her a minor key and she'll find those notes and know where to place them) On MX all the songs not by Mirwais are kind of bland in their composition, not just because of the use of overly repetitive hooks, but the songs just never get off the ground, because it's all very similar and predictable, colored inside the lines so to say (CA, Crazy, Future, LFM, IR) Crave is a jem though!!!

So we need Jazz and blues writers:

yes, Pat Leonard and Joe Henry, I'd also love me a touch of Angelo Badalamenti and for a flourish of young talent, throw in Douglas Dare or some arrangements by Owen Pallett (though more of his minimalist "in conflict" style than his orchestral arrangements, but the way he writes vocal counterpoints is great)

productionwise I'm all for Mirwais again, Killer, Ciao Bella, Batuka, Dark Ballet etc. are musically fantastic, I also don't mind the autotune, I do mind the vocal production on all the songs that are ment to sound natural (EO, LFM etc) there she sounds like a void, no emotion, nothing. Where even through the autotune of Medellin and Killers you can hear her soul.

I'd also be very interested what Telefon Tel Avif would sound like producing Madonna...

at this point whatever comes I'll just grab and listen.

you can no longer demand much more of her.

Im thankful for her (and still a big fan). dont be fooled but

but I feel a tired/weary voice not only as a vocalist but the lack of inspiration is everywhere.

see Bjork also faces that tired/sore voice naturally wear(ed)

but her songs are the awesomest thing happening.

and yes I love the new fiona apple album.

another great vocalist who is also facing that unevitable weary voice is alanis morissette

and she is facing that earlier than M

yet time goes by so slowly for those who wait. 

I just wanna hear some regular well-written pop music from her.... that is what she used to be so good at. The more she tries to pander to the younger audiences and flavour-of-the-moment musical trends, the more ridiculous she tends to make herself look, and it results in musical output that very few want to hear. She is not attracting new fans, and she is fast losing her established fanbase.... she is essentially in 'legacy artist' territory now, she needs to start to embrace that. Regarding possible new music, it would work out better if she just got into the studio with just a couple of excellent songwriters, ONE producer, and absolutely NO rent-a-rappers.... also, she REALLY needs to discard the use of all autotune and vocal effects. It ruins her voice and makes songs sound so artificial and emotionless.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
14 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

I just wanna hear some regular well-written pop music from her.... that is what she used to be so good at. The more she tries to pander to the younger audiences and flavour-of-the-moment musical trends, the more ridiculous she tends to make herself look, and it results in musical output that very few want to hear. She is not attracting new fans, and she is fast losing her established fanbase.... she is essentially in 'legacy artist' territory now, she needs to start to embrace that. Regarding possible new music, it would work out better if she just got into the studio with just a couple of excellent songwriters, ONE producer, and absolutely NO rent-a-rappers.... also, she REALLY needs to discard the use of all autotune and vocal effects. It ruins her voice and makes songs sound so artificial and emotionless.

Yeah I agree to be honest. My hope is that for the next album she just works with some amazing musicians and remembers who her fanbase are.

60's girl group pop meets the future. Leslie Gore, The Ronettes etc.

Seems like everyone still just wants Confessions 2 though....

Would love for her to do another musical. Challenge herself to be a bit submissive to a great director. 

Also, it boggles my mind that she hasn't had a proper remix album in forever. If they chose great producers who respect her catalog (ie Monsieur Adi, Pet Shop Boys, Richard X etc), it would smash.

ok so this may sound strange but hear me out... idk if any of you guys play Fortnite... but Travis Scott teamed up with them and put on a "concert" in the game. Im not usually a fan of trap or cloud rap or whatever its called, but musically and visually it was pretty awesome. Being able to move around the performance... The total immersion of it. it was pretty dope. 

If she made trap music that sounded like this... I think it could be cool. Maybe she could have her boyfriend help her find the right people to work with. 

Also SEPERATELY, I think it would be amazing if she did a performance like this somehow. Something that's halfway interactive... something magical... and not confined to a stage. 

You can also be Travis Scott in the game now too as a paid download. ???

My other idea would be like someone said above... kind of artsy, experimental, electronic... Not trying to be pop at all, full on musical exploration that is unlike we've heard before. It could still be dance, but not anything typical... a full album of impressive Instants and Bedtime Stories (the song) and Paradise Not for Me's.

13 minutes ago, Nahual said:

I kinda wish she'd do a low-key album full of ballads. I'm so over the EDM/trap/experimental sound that so many artists have been doing in the past 10 years and I'd love to see Madge go for a laid back music style with substance.

That would be great. Fans are going to the point of expecting her to invent a new genre every time :silly: Invent a genre or back to Patrick Leonard.

I'm still so satisfied by Madame X that I haven't really been thinking about a new album

I'd honestly be down for anything, after Madame X I trust her taste again.

I'd love a nice spiritual album where she reunites with Patrick Leonard, nice and mature, beautiful music like they always make, that would probably be my ideal album for her.

I also would enjoy a trap/hip hop album that is nice and vibey, where the songs are in the vein of Crave and Champagne Rose, something to play at a chill party

It'd be great to see her return to uptempo dance music, but if she does I hope it's like her 80s dance pop music or Hard Candy, please no disco like Confessions. It's sad that a lot of her fans and gays won't appreciate any of her new music unless it sounds like Confessions.

13 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

My other idea would be like someone said above... kind of artsy, experimental, electronic... Not trying to be pop at all, full on musical exploration that is unlike we've heard before. It could still be dance, but not anything typical... a full album of impressive Instants and Bedtime Stories (the song) and Paradise Not for Me's.

and it would be called Mister X of Light

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, PaperFaces said:

I believe we will see some TikToks of Mambo dancing to her trap rendition of La vie en Rose with her boyfriend and a DVD of the Madame X Tour shot on iPhone released at the end of 2021, all before any new material comes along.