Next Album: What Style Should M Explore?

eXtremeOccident

On 4/22/2020 at 5:43 AM, Mister_Pop said:

Rebel Heart and Madame X both had NOT a tsunami of rappers (in fact, very few songs had one) and was for all the population. Not for the young population only. Thus, I'm still amazed at this kind of analysis.

Maybe some of you need to let her make an album the way she sees it and not the way you want to see it. It's part of having the mind open, really.

I would even say that anybody who doesn't see the appeal in Medellin for instance (or someone that hated it for the wrong reason anyway) doesn't really get Madonna

Well, I guess we agree to disagree. You probably have listened different albums than I did. And I do indeed want an album made the way she sees not the way she wants a certain group of people (Not me) want her to be. If Rebel and Madame are albums for ALL people, they would've sold millions by now. The albums didn't go anywhere and produced no hit singles. That said pretty much about it.

I do get Madonna. I've been Madonna fan since 1985 and her songs always been the soundtrack of my life and I can tell you this,  Medellin is not a pinnacle of her work. And to accuse someone of something for not too crazy about Medellin is not open-minded. Really.

3 minutes ago, Chrato74 said:

Oh that's right. M and her label have never cared about album sales. I forgot about that.

But neither of us work for M or the label.

Chrato, it’s ALL ABOUT THE MUSIC!

Madonna

Like a Virgin

True Blue

Like a Prayer

Im Breathless

Erotica

Bedtime Stories

Ray of Light

Music

American Life

Confessions on a Dance Floor

Hard Candy

MDNA

Rebel Heart

Madame X

DAMN!!! ???

6 minutes ago, discohub said:

Maverick was her own studio paid for by Warner !!!

I'm not sure if it was a smart decision to sell her % back in the day. IMAGINE the way she could be releasing her new stuff these days. Just as many have pointed out... buzz singles to taste the waters, promo tracks released on Spotify to study people's reaction and then releasing a full album. Sometimes I appreciate her way of doing things. She's old school. But also I don't understand her marketing strategies. Just look at how Interscope managed her last 3 studio albums :angryaf:

I feel she needs new blood. Mirwais was a nice return of a co-producer that was cut off way too earlier, but the other half of Madame X are basically people that were involved in Rebel Heart, and I hope it is enough of them now. 
Personally I would love a 90's house mixed with some chill-out songs, in the vein of Ciao Bella and IDSIF or a straight, solid pop record, focused on melody rather than hooks, live instruments rather than autotune but I know it's not going to happen LOL.

Release-wise nothing will change as long Guy is with her. I doubt Madonna herself cares enough to understand how things roll out today or are willing to learn anytime soon. That would have to be done by her team, or at least discussed with her.
I mean, the only thing Guy did in recent time outiside bringing importance to have featurings  was to push her to put Masterpiece on the soundtrack of W.E. and even that they fucked up and the song wasn't eligible for the Oscars. So I don't expect one-off singles, EPs, etc...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 hours ago, Fat Witcher said:

More like how Robyn made Body Talk in three parts.

You guys are funny tho. She's done with music releases.

Why are you so keen to say she’s done with music when she’s literally said countless times she will never stop writing and making music? There are literally no hints whatsoever that she’s done with music. 

No dissing against any of her other work.  I wouldnt take any of her albums back.

i would luv her to grab SG Lewis and stuart price and head to sweden and use Max martin as the primary writer and cook up just a amazing 12 track pop album.  Keeping it simple with lots of pop hooks, great dance beats and some ambient electronic modern sounding ballads. Shes in love atm so use that joy.  The world needs a happy joyous album

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, blondebenji said:

i would luv her to grab SG Lewis and stuart price and head to sweden and use Max martin as the primary writer and cook up just a amazing 12 track pop album.  Keeping it simple with lots of pop hooks, great dance beats and some ambient electronic modern sounding ballads. Shes in love atm so use that joy.  The world needs a happy joyous album

I’d love something like that! 

25 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

No dissing against any of her other work.  I wouldnt take any of her albums back.

This!!!!

On 4/29/2020 at 8:58 PM, Chrato74 said:

Well, I guess we agree to disagree. You probably have listened different albums than I did. And I do indeed want an album made the way she sees not the way she wants a certain group of people (Not me) want her to be. If Rebel and Madame are albums for ALL people, they would've sold millions by now. The albums didn't go anywhere and produced no hit singles. That said pretty much about it.

I do get Madonna. I've been Madonna fan since 1985 and her songs always been the soundtrack of my life and I can tell you this,  Medellin is not a pinnacle of her work. And to accuse someone of something for not too crazy about Medellin is not open-minded. Really.

The fact that albums didn't produce hit singles doesn't say anything about their quality. And that doesn't make anyless true that both Rebel heart and Madame X didn't have a tsunami of rappers. We listened to the same albums, and clearly what you said about collabs isn't true, unless  you feel that some rap/collab songs on an album is already too much.

I mean too much rappers in that ??? Really ?!!  Not to mention some collabs in here are sometimes fan favorites !

image.png.93e49b3d1a5d41d68c3245cd2fdd8f85.pngimage.png.d68fc00d832047f1bb8001b35ae22838.png

And they could have been popular albums... especially Rebel Heart that really was a pop album. Madame X is more edgy maybe but yet she had made edgy popular in the past... The success is not her responsability alone.

Medellin could have been popular as well, sometimes what makes a song hitting the charts is not even a matter of quality so I don't even see your point. It's more complex !

The least I can say is that you're unfair to these albums, they got appeal for every audience, not only for the young generation.. that's quite false to say that Medellin could appeal only to the young generation.

I mean we all have our fav songs, and songs we don't like, and it's OK not to like Medellin, but blaming it on the collabs (that what I called not for good reason) is weird, and doesn't have anything to do with charts sucess either.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

If she were to keep Mirwais for the next album, whenever it happens, I’d love to see them explore the deep house sound present in I Don’t Search I Find more and give it more of that bizarre Mirwais twist. But honestly, Pat Leonard would be my dream reunion for a future album. 

i was thinking... the best she can do now is take the DJs/Katy Perry route: record and release singles every 3 or 4 months. She can experiment with differents sounds, producers and writters without having to make a whole album with that. She can focus on one song and try to do the best with it. She doesn't even have to promote it because it's not a whole album/tour campaign.

Maybe some of them sticks and becomes a moderate hit. In 2 years she can release a mixtape/EP with all of them, do a small show like TOC or even do a music video if the song does well.

She can't be out for 4 years in the streaming era. Times changed and she has to do the best she can to adapt to it.