Next Album: What Style Should M Explore?

eXtremeOccident

Wouldn’t it be cool if M went with a more sultry jazz album, somewhat in the style of Where Life Begins and Secret Garden? Could totally see her and Mirwais putting a really cool twist on the genre.

She always seems to take inspiration from music she’s been listening to in the moment, and if her Quarantine Diaries playlist is anything to go by...

I’d totally be here for a moodier album like this. Her lower voice register would sound incredible against this sort of music.

Thoughts?

Edit: After lots of interesting responses to this, updating to a general discussion about what sound she should explore.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It’d be nice if the next album has a more solid and mature pop sound and included some jazz influences but I don’t want an all out jazz album. 

3 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Patrick Leonard said he would love to work with her again

That would be fantastic!

6 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Wouldn’t it be cool if M went with a more sultry jazz album, somewhat in the style of Where Life Begins and Secret Garden? Could totally see her and Mirwais putting a really cool twist on the genre.

She always seems to take inspiration from music she’s been listening to in the moment, and if her Quarantine Diaries playlist is anything to go by...

I’d totally be here for a moodier album like this. Her lower voice register would sound incredible against this sort of music.

Thoughts?

Oh yeah, why not. I'm sure with Mirwais she could totally make it her own !

I love the musicality of their production, it brings me extreme musical pleasure !

I mean I wouldn’t mind a few songs with that kind of feel. What worries me, is that if by chance she put out another banger like Confessions, or something even popular, her body won’t be able to keep up with the hype or demand for promoting it, or even touring with it... perhaps something slowed down would be better for her. Or she could sing dance songs on a barstool. Or do the one two step.

Interesting idea and I'd have to hear the ending product to decide (because Madonna has this way of always surprising), but, I hope so much for a feel good, light album next time a lot of songs to really get up and dance. I want so bad for her to work with Stuart Price again too.

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting the whole album needs to be slow -- She could certainly still have bangers, just something different than the typical dance sound she's been gravitating towards with songs like God Control, IDSIF, etc. 

There's an artist out there right now, SG Lewis, that I think would be a nice bridge between working with someone "cool" and someone who still is relatively underground and has an interesting sound. He recently did Hallucinate with Stuart Price for the new Dua Lipa album. They would be a fantastic duo on the next album.

He's got a laid back vibe that could mesh well with something more experimental:

I'm also obsessed with his cover of Sade's Paradise, for all you 90's fans out there. It's on Spotify -- Can't find a link on YouTube.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, eXtremeOccident said:

Oh yeah, I'm not suggesting the whole album needs to be slow -- She could certainly still have bangers, just something different than the typical dance sound she's been gravitating towards with songs like God Control, IDSIF, etc. 

There's an artist out there right now, SG Lewis, that I think would be a nice bridge between working with someone "cool" and someone who still is relatively underground and has an interesting sound. He recently did Hallucinate with Stuart Price for the new Dua Lipa album. They would be a fantastic duo on the next album.

He's got a laid back vibe that could mesh well with something more experimental:

I'm also obsessed with his cover of Sade's Paradise, for all you 90's fans out there. It's on Spotify -- Can't find a link on YouTube.

I was thinking SG Lewis could be a good producer for Madonna as well. I love the music that he’s produced so it’d be an interesting collaboration. 

Anything that doesn't involved a tsunami of rappers, flash in a pan current "musicians' and producers. She doesn't need them. 80's and 90's are solid proof that all she needs a good songwriter and herself. 4 albums back to back is enough. She needs to make album about just about herself and how she views the world. Not how the world she thinks she wanted to be. An album for all ages that anybody can listen not just certain younger population.

3 minutes ago, Chrato74 said:

Anything that doesn't involved a tsunami of rappers, flash in a pan current "musicians' and producers. She doesn't need them. 80's and 90's are solid proof that all she needs a good songwriter and herself. 4 albums back to back is enough. She needs to make album about just about herself and how she views the world. Not how the world she thinks she wanted to be. An album for all ages that anybody can listen not just certain younger population.

So another Madame X? Perfect!! I love that album!

My absolute dream album from Madonna would be a Lo-Fi sort of album. I know he's turned her down before but I'd kill for something made with James Murphy of LCD sound system. I think their energies together would possibly be the best collaboration she'd ever do. Sort of a modern more electro version of the Pre Madonna stuff with dirty synths....but also make the melodies KILLER. Wouldn't mind a bit of KAYTRANADA in there for a couple of features.

10 minutes ago, Chrato74 said:

I don't think we're gonna get this type of album for another few years. I think she's likely to have a late career classic album that will sadly come from her writing mindset after her father has passed and the twins are leaving for college. So we're looking at a 71 year old Madonna giving us a the third in the trilogy of Like A albums...Maybe Like A Lifetiime. More organic and with a studio band.