Next Album: What Style Should M Explore?

eXtremeOccident

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 hours ago, Fat Witcher said:

I think we'll be lucky if we get another single, let alone album.

I’m sure there will be another album. 

I'd personally like her to leave her dark sound behind. Madame X is a serious, dark album, also Rebel Heart had a cold sound, with Kanye also pushing the production to that direction, at least for the first bunch of tracks. I'd like an easy to the ear record now, summery one and Europe friendly. With tracks like Ciao Bella, Miles Away, even I'm a sinner. So if she were to follow some older path, I'd very much like a modern True Blue. Her bringing light into dark places should be with a light album. Medellin was kinda going to that direction but the production didn't let the song explode, there was no vocal climax either.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
26 minutes ago, Fat Witcher said:

And you're basing that on...?

Her saying that she’ll never stop writing and making music throughout her career.

21 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I believe we will see some re-issues/remasters as well as unreleased material being made available, all before any new material comes along.

Might need a little God Control for that to happen.
"No dear your fans are SCREAMING OUT  for these hand have been for years.....!"

Madam X, aye lovely.
Glad you got it out your system.
Far be it from me to point out it was all the remixed versions....that sound so '90's/'00's....that were actually Played.
Now would be the perfect time for her to raid her own vaults but I doubt that will happen.
Yes there will be another 'album'.
Probably some sorta trap/crap hip-hop type nonsense.
Some people actually liked her voice.
If she drops all the Metal Mickey effects that might be A Start. :thinker:

Of course there will be albums to come !Madonna has always been making music... and the last thing she wants is to be a legacy artist or a nostlagia act. She will make albums !

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner, the better. I always trust her to make great pop songs I adore. It's always been the case, in every era IMO.

I'm less interested in an album worth of material and more interested in just 1-off singles or EPs with 4 songs.  

Similar to what Roisin is doing, just release an incredible song when you have one finished.  Don't bother trying to collect 12-16 songs when you have one ready to go.

Issue the single to iTunes, etc. Determine response from fans ... then do a few remixes. An instrumental .. just small gestures .. 

Do this 2-3 times a year .. it's nice.

Albums are great. They had their day. But now -- they ALWAYS leak. And they don't perform well. So they're a lot of work and little is recovered. 

Back in the day, Madonna did a ton of 1-off singles from soundtracks/charity/benefit albums -- and many of those did SO well because they came when there was a dry spell, but also -- no one had them. There wasn't an album already released containing the song.

And instead of ramping up a massive "ERA" campaign with expensive producers and photographers and merchandising, just throw out a single. I bet it would do better than an album single. 

The other thing is, with a 1-off single -- no one has it. With an album single, by the time the 2nd or third single hits, everyone has the album that wanted it so .. what's the point unless you have kick-ass remixes and where will you hear those? the clubs? where all her 40-50 and 60-year old fans are every saturday night? Mmm .. they're not .. 

Her fans are not going to the clubs like she thinks they are or she should be lol ..

Edited by captainjay (see edit history)

3 hours ago, captainjay said:

And instead of ramping up a massive "ERA" campaign with expensive producers and photographers and merchandising, just throw out a single. I bet it would do better than an album single. 

The other thing is, with a 1-off single -- no one has it. With an album single, by the time the 2nd or third single hits, everyone has the album that wanted it so .. what's the point unless you have kick-ass remixes and where will you hear those? the clubs? where all her 40-50 and 60-year old fans are every saturday night? Mmm .. they're not .. 

Her fans are not going to the clubs like she thinks they are or she should be lol ..

I agree with you for the most part. She could release standalone singles like Celebration and that would help her name always stay somewhere on the charts and by watching the reactions she can judge whether to promote it further or just release the next one. However I think a Madonna lead single will always be bigger when it's promising an album. Medellin or Living for love wouldn't have been as successful I think had they been released as standalone singles. But maybe if she lets her mind free and just decides to have fun, she will release better singles and more fun ones that are not adjusted to the production and the concept of a record and don't have to carry the burden of promoting a whole body of work. 

Also judging from Katy Perry, I'm not entirely sure that what she did last year with one off singles really helped her explode. Looked like a hit or miss to me, with Harleys in Hawaii, Small Talk being the miss and Never Really Over being the biggest hit, still not as big as album singles of hers. Plus Katy makes expensive looking, killer videos always.

And by the time Madame X was released, so many promotional singles were out, plus all three singles and that didn't really help Madonna. So even though no one had the album still few bothered to make the songs chart.

And as for the clubs, well she should be gaining younger fans who love to dance there not just the old ones. I love to dance in clubs so as long as the remixes help me listen to her, I'd like many of them.

So I'd suggest both. Standalone singles with an irrelevant to them album coming every 3-4 years, like so many artists do nowadays. Sorry for the long text, just bored ?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 hours ago, captainjay said:

I'm less interested in an album worth of material and more interested in just 1-off singles or EPs with 4 songs.  

Similar to what Roisin is doing, just release an incredible song when you have one finished.  Don't bother trying to collect 12-16 songs when you have one ready to go.

Issue the single to iTunes, etc. Determine response from fans ... then do a few remixes. An instrumental .. just small gestures .. 

Do this 2-3 times a year .. it's nice.

Albums are great. They had their day. But now -- they ALWAYS leak. And they don't perform well. So they're a lot of work and little is recovered. 

Back in the day, Madonna did a ton of 1-off singles from soundtracks/charity/benefit albums -- and many of those did SO well because they came when there was a dry spell, but also -- no one had them. There wasn't an album already released containing the song.

Some one-off ballads or lengthy disco tracks would be a dream.

I’m here for an EP era. 
four EPs of four songs each with 4 picked as the lead with a packaged album at the end would be something fresh for her. 

Do it M. It would be nice to have something less laborious. Light and in the moment. 

Much increased visibility and she could even repackage them as a 2CD with some of her greatest hits or with the singles and other songs from the MDNA-Madame X era.

a cute package that could shift some units.

- Bitch I’m Madonna

- Girl Gone Wild

- God Control

- Turn Up The Radio

- Crazy

- Devil Pray

- Love Spent

- Crave

- Ghosttown

- Medellin

- Living For Love

- Masterpiece 

- Future

- GMAYL

- Body Shop

- Come Alive 

- Rebel Heart

- I Rise

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I’m here for an EP era. 
four EPs of four songs each with 4 picked as the lead with a packaged album at the end would be something fresh for her. 

Do it M. It would be nice to have something less laborious. Light and in the moment. 

I would love that. Sort of like what Miley claimed she was doing with 3 EPs coming together to make the now non-existent album. 

4 hours ago, steady75 said:

I’m here for an EP era. 

Much increased visibility and she could even repackage them as a 2CD with some of her greatest hits or with the singles and other songs from the MDNA-Madame X era.

a cute package that could shift some units.

- Bitch I’m Madonna

- Girl Gone Wild

- God Control

- Turn Up The Radio

- Crazy

- Devil Pray

- Love Spent

- Crave

- Ghosttown

- Medellin

- Living For Love

- Masterpiece 

- Future

- GMAYL

- Body Shop

- Come Alive 

- Rebel Heart

- I Rise

I love this idea! 

dont think anything she releases musically will do well. a one off song isnt going to change that. the reason she was successful with one offs before is because she was still extremely popular in the music world.  anymore, people enjoy roasting her over stupid things.