Unreleased Compendium

steady75

Hey. You know what is missing (or I can't seem to find on the forum)? A comprehensive list of each eras unreleased or rumoured songs. I know there's a downloads section but I'm not talking about something that is downloadable. It would be great to have a really concise reference as a pinned post at the top of the page. It seems like a no brainer to me at least. 

It should probably be compiled by a forum master or something so it will forever be editable as we discover new song info and stuff is slowly leaked over the years.

Does someone think this is possible. The only reason I mention it is because I was looking through that American Life era thread and found a couple of song titles I had no idea about.

There used to be  "file discussion" thread on the old version of the forum but I can't find it now. 

Just for formats sake something like:

AMERICAN LIFE ERA2002

Album track alternate versions

• "Hollywood" - (early version possible from MUSIC sessions)
  • "Silly Thing" - (early version of Nothing Fails)
  • "The Process" - (Dance version of X-Static Process said to be similar to Impressive Instant)
  • "Mind Trap (per)" - (Early Version of Nobody Nows Me)
  • "Round & Round" - (Early acoustic version of Easy Ride rumoured to have no string arrangement)
  • "I've Got You Under My Skin" - (Early version of Love Profusion)
  • "Love Will Change Us Forever" - (Early version of Intervention originally created in the MUSIC album sessions)

Unreleased Tracks

• "Set The Right" - (leaked) - Mirwais
  • "The Game" - (leaked) Mirwais
  • "Cool Song" - (leaked) Mirwais
  • "My Ejector" - (It is said to sound like the final version of “American Life)
  • "React" - Mirwais
  • "Adverse Youth" - (said to be a ballad)
  • "Can't You See My Mind" -  (ballad from Die Another Day soundtrack)
  • "I Can't Place It' - (said to be a heavy guitar driven stop start track like Don't Tell Me. Possibly an early demo of Im So Stupid)

Abandoned / Rumoured

• "Alpha Beta Gamma" - (collaboration with French duo Air. Later released as an instrumental)
  • Madonna also reportedly reached out to Dr Dre and Paul Oakenfold to work on the project.
  • Goldfrapp were also invited to a screening of Swept Away at Madonnas house for a potential collaboration.
  • George Michael was also reportedly seen visiting the studio Madonna was working in
  • Aphex Twins were quoted as saying Madonna contacted them to work on music for her

Any one on coronavirus lockdown fancy having a bash at this as a lil project?

Does Silly Thing really exists? Jem's demo is basically NF with very few different lyrics. 

-

Others that come to mind are 

Hard Candy

Across The Sky - reworked dark version that was supposed to be released on Timbaland's album?

Animal - JT collab / different version?

Level With Me - Pharrell Collab

Marathon - JT collab? Not sure it exists

Pala Tute - alternate - final version?

Silly Girl - Another Pharrell track that was later incorporated into BGO.

23 minutes ago, Indominus said:

Does Silly Thing really exists? Jem's demo is basically NF with very few different lyrics. 

-

Others that come to mind are 

Hard Candy

Across The Sky - reworked dark version that was supposed to be released on Timbaland's album?

Animal - JT collab / different version?

Level With Me - Pharrell Collab

Marathon - JT collab? Not sure it exists

Pala Tute - alternate - final version?

Silly Girl - Another Pharrell track that was later incorporated into BGO.