Madonna Mysteries

Fabiolous

12 hours ago, me1981 said:

I am curious about this too if anyone has information on it.

Almost certain Carese Henry did a Q&A with ICON at some point and said she was trying to get past Madonna tours all on DVD in a box set. Not sure if this was the same project but I have a pretty strong memory of it. I also heard it was supposed to be similar to the Japanese singles box set that had been released there.

Yes. Between 2002-2004 Caresse was working on these box sets, and tour DVDs. The 20th Anniv boxset wasn’t going to include all albums remastered in dvd audio (all worked on by Stuart Price). I think there was going to be companion discs with b-sides and unreleased material (which is where Your Honesty came from). There was also a remix cd included too, which is why various dj’s were commissioned to remix older tracks like Over and Over, Holiday, Erotica, etc... Plus DVDs with music videos and live performances.

Unclear if the tours were to be included too, but Caresse was working on getting all those on DVD, especially Blond Ambition.

source: https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/73510/billboard-bits-madonna-krush-groove-zero-7

Before this big project, we only got Ciao Italia and Live Down Under on DVD between 1998-2001. Virgin Tour and Blond Ambition we’re likely delayed to focus sales of GHv2 and DWT dvd. 

The reason we didn’t get any of these is because:

1) The low sales of American Life cancelled the boxset project. Caresse still tried to make up for this for the fans by putting out Remixed & Revisited, and the ICON fan club Nobody Knows Me book.

2) In the Fall of 2004, Caresse was working on securing a deal with CBS to air the Re-Invention tour on tv. This fell through, and soon after Caresse was fired. With Caresse out of the picture, no one was working on these legacy projects, so they were shelved.

3) In early 2005, all priority was to work on the new album (Confessions), and the documentary. The docu led to any physical release of RIT to be delayed again, and again, and again.

30 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

Is it true that the following songs where rumored have been on the DWT set list but then cut

• Borderline
  • I'll Remember
  • Take a Bow
  • Bedtime Story
  • I Want You
  • You Must Love Me
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • The Power Of Goodbye
  • Swim
  • Amazing

The only one confirmed That I know of is I Want You.

It’s often cited that Amazing was suppose to be in the set list but removed because Madonna didn’t want Warner to release a live video of Amazing as a single. But I don’t think this has ever been confirmed?

24 minutes ago, Gaviinj said:

Why was Caresse fired? 

Nov 16 2004 - “The two have reached a mutual agreement to part ways, an artist spokesperson confirms.” 
-From Billboard

Dec 8 2004 - “Madonna’s devotion to the Kabbalah was behind her decision to fire long-term manager Caresse Henry, after discovering Henry was having an affair with a bodyguard.” 
-From breakingnews.ie

April 6 2011 - “It was a shock to my sister. She received a fax from London from Madonna. It was a paragraph that said basically your services are no longer needed. This took my sister by surprise and she felt very betrayed by it...” Article also mentions how Madonna “forbade her friend and manager from dating one of her bodyguards because Kabbalah insiders did not approve of the relationship.” 
-Radar Online

Something that irks me is how some of Madonna's singles could have charted better in the UK. 

For instance, when Erotica was released as a single in the UK with only the radio edit, Album version and Instrumental. Yet the US and other countries got all the M.A.W remixes. If these had been released in the UK it could have taken the song to number 1. 

Same go's for Take a Bow.  Album edit, Instrumental and Album versions only released, no Indasoul or Silky soul remixes.  And the single only reached number 16 in the UK, Breaking her run of top 10s.

5 hours ago, louis.exe said:

Is it true that the following songs where rumored have been on the DWT set list but then cut

• Borderline
  • I'll Remember
  • Take a Bow
  • Bedtime Story
  • I Want You
  • You Must Love Me
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • The Power Of Goodbye
  • Swim
  • Amazing

WOW, never heard about it but oh man, it would be so awesome

Here's another story I have never heard of?

Madonna Once Responded to the 'Like a Virgin' Scene in Quentin Tarantino's 'Reservoir Dogs'

Matthew Trzcinski 

April 27, 2020

Madonna’s “Like a Virgin” has stood the test of time as one of her best hits. Combining innocent doo-wop instrumentation and ambiguously sexual lyrics, it’s hard not to be fascinated by the track. Not only is “Like a Virgin” one of the great songs of the Madonna canon, it also provided fodder for some of Quentin Tarantino’s most iconic dialogue.

The film Reservoir Dogs features a scene where the characters discuss the possible meaning of “Like a Virgin.” They come to some pretty risque conclusions. This raises a question: What did Madonna have to say about this scene in Reservoir Dogs?

Tarantino wrote and directed Reservoir Dogs. He also played a secondary character in the film: Mr. Brown. Tarantino’s films often feature pointed discussions of pop culture and Reservoir Dogs is no exception.

In the film, two characters offer conflicting interpretations of the track. Mr. Blonde says the song is about a woman who has been emotionally hurt by several relationships who eventually finds a nice guy. His interpretation makes sense. The woman in the song found a relationship that makes her “feel shiny and new,” as if her previous relationships never happened. Thus, she feels like a virgin.

However, Mr. Brown has different ideas. He says the song is about a woman who has been very promiscuous. Then, she meets a man and has a painful sexual experience with him which reminds her of losing her virginity – hence she feels like a virgin.

Madonna has been referenced numerous times in pop culture. Usually, she doesn’t comment on what others have to say about her. However, Madonna did reach out to Tarantino to tell him he was wrong. She informed him the song was about love, not the male anatomy.

Madonna dished on “Like a Virgin” at length in a Rolling Stone interview. She further explained how it was about emotions rather than sex. “I was singing about how something made me feel a certain way – brand-new and fresh – and everyone else interpreted it as, ‘I don’t want to be a virgin anymore. F*ck my brains out!’ That’s not what I sang at all.”

Since then, Madonna’s career and Tarantino’s career have intersected a few times. Tarantino directed a segment in the film Four Rooms. Madonna appeared in a separate segment, one which kept up her risque image. Tarantino briefly referenced Madonna in his film Pulp Fiction, where a character calls her body “sexy.”

Madonna wanted Quentin Tarantino to direct the video for her song “Gang Bang.”

Years later, Madonna wrote a song about murder called “Gang Bang.” Madonna wrote the tack with Tarantino in mind. She wanted him to direct the video for the track, though she wasn’t planning on paying him to do so.

Madonna explained “That’s who I was thinking about when I was writing the song. I was picturing one of his movies, and one of the female characters. I have a whole thing worked out. All Quentin has to do is show up with a camera. I can’t afford a director’s fee.”

Ultimately, a video for “Gang Bang” never materialized. Fans of Tarantino and Madonna were disappointed they didn’t collaborate. However, no music video could ever live up to that scene in Reservoir Dogs.

15 hours ago, I don't search I find said:

What was the official music video for Bye bye baby? Was it live from the MTV VMA? Live from the Girlie Show? A Montage? 

The video I recorded on VHS when it debuted on MTV USA ,was the MTV VMA performance, I don't recall if they changed it afterwards for other countries after GS started