#JusticeForBedtimeStories: #1 on iTunes USA!

lucasciccone

15 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

an odd album to spike so high when no other much more popular album is in the top 200. Janet and Mariah's albums make more sense to spike than Bedtime Stories since those were far more popular than Bedtime Stories.

Bedtime Stories IS popular! And don’t you forget it!

19 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Bedtime Stories IS popular! And don’t you forget it!

compared to some of her other albums im saying. i can understand why Ray of Light or Like A Prayer may reenter the top 200 chart and it has in the past but never that high. its just a strange album to reenter itunes 200 at so high. im sure you know what i mean.

23 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

compared to some of her other albums im saying. i can understand why Ray of Light or Like A Prayer may reenter the top 200 chart and it has in the past but never that high. its just a strange album to reenter itunes 200 at so high. im sure you know what i mean.

I don’t actually, Bedtime Stories is LIFE! It’s the moment. Everyone wants to be tucked into bed by Madonna! Go listen to Bedtime Stories and you WILL BE SAVED!!

15 minutes ago, deathproof said:

I don’t actually, Bedtime Stories is LIFE! It’s the moment. Everyone wants to be tucked into bed by Madonna! Go listen to Bedtime Stories and you WILL BE SAVED!!

no argument.  i listen to it a lot.  just curious why that album of all her others is charting so high?  just checked and its at #4 currently on the U.S itunes 200 albums.

3 hours ago, Gilbert said:

an odd album to spike so high when no other much more popular album is in the top 200. Janet and Mariah's albums make more sense to spike than Bedtime Stories since those were far more popular than Bedtime Stories.

Bedtime Stories sold more than E=MC2 and had more hit songs. But the whole idea of #justicefor is to make an album popular that didn’t get the success it deserved. Control was a big success so I don’t know why they are pushing for that. I guess because Damita Jo is just too embarrassing for Janet fans.

5 hours ago, Gilbert said:

What Mariah and Janet albums reentered?

What's with the "justice" thing ?

The album was a smash, EVERYBODY loved how M reinvented herself at the time, Secret was ALL OVER the radio, so was Take a Bow, which granted her her longest charting single, Bedtime Story -the song- was groundbreaking and influential. This era's success might have suffered from no tour support, it might have been shadowed by her following releases in the 90s, from Evita to Beautiful Stranger, but it was a smart move from M.

And it outsold Erotica.

The album doesn't need justice, but it's interesting that it is reconsidered and rediscovered nowadays.

Stan culture rather be called Ignorant culture most of the time.

Given all of this, I'm quite impressed by this unexpected comeback. 90s nostalgia !

5 minutes ago, discohub said:

What's with the "justice" thing ? The album was a smash, EVERYBODY loved how M reinvented herself at the time, Secret was ALL OVER the radio, so was Take a Bow, which granted her her longest charting single, Bedtime Story -the song- was groundbreaking and influential. This era's success might have suffered from no tour support, it might have been shadowed by her following releases in the 90s, from Evita to Beautiful Stranger, but it was a smart move from M.

And it outsold Erotica.

The album doesn't need justice, but it's interesting that it is reconsidered nowadays.

Stan culture rather be called Ignorant culture most of the time.

Given all of this, I'm quite impressed by this unexpected comeback. 90s nostalgia !

Exactly and the original plan was to continue promoting the album with 6-7 singles until Christmas 1995 with a tour for the second half of 1995, but Evita changed all that and the album only had 4 singles and no tour and a lot of the extra promo money , Warner's put into Something to Remember, which itself was also very successful (3 million US sales, 10 Million worldwide)

So in 94/95 and between BS and STR, Madonna went six times platinum in THE US and sold at least 17 million worldwide, NOT including singles

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, discohub said:

Too bad Tupac's featuring on I'd Rather Be Your Lover never happened, because it would have helped even more.

Perhaps she’ll finally release it to celebrate this, or even better sing Inside of Me on her Instagram :Madonna031:

1 hour ago, Mp1992 said:

Exactly and the original plan was to continue promoting the album with 6-7 singles until Christmas 1995 with a tour for the second half of 1995, but Evita changed all that and the album only had 4 singles and no tour and a lot of the extra promo money , Warner's put into Something to Remember, which itself was also very successful (3 million US sales, 10 Million worldwide)

So in 94/95 and between BS and STR, Madonna went six times platinum in THE US and sold at least 17 million worldwide, NOT including singles

So what were the other planned singles 

Forbidden Love obviously as it was another Babyface song and used on Something To Remember.

What was the other? I can’t think of another viable single. 

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic