#JusticeForBedtimeStories: #1 on iTunes USA!

lucasciccone

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Mister_Pop said:

But we could do #JusticeForGirlGoneWild !! :01:

I’m here for it! 

love seeing how many of her albums are getting so much love. it always bothered me to see some artists who have older albums constantly in the charts, but rarely from Madonna.  however it started, im glad it did. the new IDSIF ep in the USA is getting more love than any remixes from this past era.

im curious to know how much Bedtime Stories sold to chart #1.  i know some claim; doesnt take very much, but im not sure. i knew today her albums would get a bump with new albums being released. im sure Kenny Chesney album is based mostly on preorders at this point. hes country, and its a popular genre in the USA.

I think that guy just needs to chill. He's been whiny from page one. For god's sake if people want to do it just let them do, it's not hurtful, it's not that important. If it's getting you that hard you might as well seek for help cuz it's not healthy, I know we all are going through rough days but c'mon, it's just a stan culture campaign 

I LOVE that this is about actual sales, and what people are buying all over the world and even going to #1 in the States , not just streaming whatever for just minute or so and counting it as a sale, which goes to show streaming is a a big pile of nothing (sorry for the mini rant hahah)

1 hour ago, artlover said:

I think that guy just needs to chill. He's been whiny from page one. For god's sake if people want to do it just let them do, it's not hurtful, it's not that important. If it's getting you that hard you might as well seek for help cuz it's not healthy, I know we all are going through rough days but c'mon, it's just a stan culture campaign 

Love you too.

Signed : that guy

1 hour ago, BadGurlMadge said:

The only song given attention to worldwide was Take a Bow. Tell me how many people (locals) that casually remembers Human Nature, Secret (known in some countries tho) or Bedtime Story:confused:

Compare that to how many people that knows Like a Virgin, Into the groove, Material girl, Dress you up, the singles from true blue, like a prayer, some singles from Erotica, Ray of light, Music, some from American life (not too many here either) and Confessions:confused:

Well, here in Australia - Bedtime Story debuted at No. 5 back in the day....

16 hours ago, discohub said:

This whole justice thing is sickening, especially in such hard times. PLEASE. M is wealthy and all, she doesn't need justice for anything, only respect and gratitude for her work.

It's the same idea as "JusticeforGlitter", when Mariah's fans made that album re-chart.  I don't really think that anyone is really using the term "justice" all that seriously.  Maybe you should, you know, relax a bit?  It's all meant to be fun and supportive while many people are stuck at home going stir-crazy.

17 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I don’t wanna rain on anyone’s parade, but it went number 1 cuz it was on sale. 

:Madonna006:

dont really agree. it went number 1 in various countries when it wasnt as cheap in the USA. Still her albums were on sale many times before and it never went number 1.  i can see a sale maybe making a jumo into the top 200 but not to number 1 without some work from a viral campaign. fans went to work here.  be proud that sometimes fans can make a difference.

20 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

I don’t wanna rain on anyone’s parade, but it went number 1 cuz it was on sale. 

:Madonna006:

1 minute ago, Gilbert said:

dont really agree. it went number 1 in various countries when it wasnt as cheap in the USA. Still her albums were on sale many times before and it never went number 1.  i can see a sale maybe making a jumo into the top 200 but not to number 1 without some work from a viral campaign. fans went to work here.  be proud that sometimes fans can make a difference.

The sale was the reason why Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson fans started this #JusticeFor on twitter. Some albums were on sale at 4.99$ so fans buy them to get a #1 on iTunes. Madonna fans started to do the same with Bedtime Stories, because it was at the same price. It went #1. Everyone started talking about Bedtime Stories and even some sites wrote about the 1994 album #1 and I think this caused the album going #1 in other countries were it wasn't on sale. The repercution among the fans made them buy other albums, eventually American Life and others started to raise up the charts.
If i'm not wrong and i'm not forgetting anything, this is the whole story. :fingerclick:

(Sorry if my english is not that good tho)

26 minutes ago, lucasciccone said:

The sale was the reason why Mariah Carey and Janet Jackson fans started this #JusticeFor on twitter. Some albums were on sale at 4.99$ so fans buy them to get a #1 on iTunes. Madonna fans started to do the same with Bedtime Stories, because it was at the same price. It went #1. Everyone started talking about Bedtime Stories and even some sites wrote about the 1994 album #1 and I think this caused the album going #1 in other countries were it wasn't on sale. The repercution among the fans made them buy other albums, eventually American Life and others started to raise up the charts.
If i'm not wrong and i'm not forgetting anything, this is the whole story. :fingerclick:

(Sorry if my english is not that good tho)

yes im aware. i know it started because of the sale but its very rare for an itunes sale of a very old album to go number one. i cant think of an artist with an album not as well known (except with the fans) going number one. 

im still curious how many it sold to get number one. 

1 hour ago, Gilbert said:

yes im aware. i know it started because of the sale but its very rare for an itunes sale of a very old album to go number one. i cant think of an artist with an album not as well known (except with the fans) going number one. 

im still curious how many it sold to get number one. 

I read this on Billboard ......"As for Bedtime Stories, it shifted a little over 1,000 copies for the week, while Control sold just under 1,000. Again, the bulk of each album’s sales were driven by digital sales -- nearly 1,000 for Bedtime Stories on April 30 (the day it was No. 1 in the iTunes Store) and a little under, 1,000 for Control across three days (April 28-30). Like with E=MC2, both Bedtime Stories and Control generally sell a negligible figure on any normal day."

• Enrico unfeatured this topic